Best lineup | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Best lineup

I agree that this lineup is really intriguing... unfortunately, I just don't think we're going to see it (unless Sidibe's knees start acting up again).

Can anyone recall a recent example of someone who was outside of the 7-8 man rotation early in the season, but then played their way into it (without an injury factoring into things and opening up a spot)?
I think Sidibe as to start to protect Marek from early foul trouble, but as a closing line-up at the end of halves it would be nice. Hughes is playing 40 mins anyway, why not put the ball in his hands. Also the big back court helps keep people out of the middle, which would help Marek foul wise as well.

Our best lineup for crunch time, is probably what we saw at the end of last night.

JGIII
Buddy
Hughes
Quincy
Marek

Of course, 4 out of 5 there are pretty obvious, but QG made a good case last night. Sid will play more in the first half preventing Marek and QG foul trouble. I'd be surprise if it doesn't play out this way.

Quincy is going to play as much as his D allows. We need Goodine to give us 5-8 no turnover fest minutes a game if Quincy plays well then they can go with hughes for a few minutes a game too. but dont forget Hughes up top works best when Joe and Buddy are in the game and he has a SF guarding him not a Big guard

It’s just our overall lack of athleticism. I watched last night and noticed there wasn’t a determinable difference in athleticism. that should really worry people.

It’s why I really wanted Carey to improve.

I like that it seems Q has gotten the message. He flexed a bit last night. Good to see, but he’s gotta do the same against better athletes.

We are going to have to rely on ball movement and spacing. That traditionally hasn’t been our forte.
Even Q doesn't seem like an elite athlete compared to what we usually expect... he seems slower to get off the floor. Not sure if the people who think Q is a better athlete than Oshae actually remember how explosive Oshae was. Guerrier is an okay athlete but not in the same league as Oshae... maybe he's a better finisher but being a better finisher doesn't make you a better athlete.

I would say that Hughes is clearly a better athlete than anyone on Cornell. Goodine as well... but he doesn't have the skills or confidence to go with the athleticism yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom