Best lineup | Syracusefan.com

Best lineup

Cuse House

All American
I like seeing Marek at the 5 with QG at the 4. I just don’t see any drop off between Marek and Sidibe at the 5 defensively. Sid has been efficient with his looks on offense, but he doesn’t make us any better defending the post.

I think we are going to see a ton of Joe, BB, Hughes, QG, and Marek in the latter part of the year. This puts 4 guys on the court who can hit a 3 and a versatile player at the center spot.

I think this team is more geared to out score people than it is to hold teams to low scoring nights. Hopefully Quincy won more minutes last night.

I like seeing Marek at the 5 with QG at the 4. I just don’t see any drop off between Marek and Sidibe at the 5 defensively. Sid has been efficient with his looks on offense, but he doesn’t make us any better defending the post.

I think we are going to see a ton of Joe, BB, Hughes, QG, and Marek in the latter part of the year. This puts 4 guys on the court who can hit a 3 and a versatile player at the center spot.

I think this team is more geared to out score people than it is to hold teams to low scoring nights. Hopefully Quincy won more minutes last night.
yeah, agree with this. Sidibe doesn't really give us the rim protection you would like to see out of the zone, so JB might as well put the best offensive team out there. looks like a 7 man rotation to me.

Maybe QG can hit an occasional 3 but his real value is as a slasher who can finish. We need to get an inside game to balance with the 3 perimeter guys can do. Possibly Marek can give of some of that as well. We are going to see Sidibe a lot - need to worry about inside defense, foul trouble, against many of the ACC teams.

“Lineup that I want to see, even though I’m not sure it’s the best, because I think Buddy belongs in it, but the upside/potential is very intriguing”:

Girard
Goodine
Hughes
Guerrier
Edwards

Or

Girard
Hughes
Guerrier
Braswell
Edwards

Can Braswell play some 2? In terms of posting up, its a no brainer. Interested in seeing a one guard lineup for five minutes, with Guerrier Dolezaj and Elijah in the backline.

Did you notice Marek fouled out last night playing center and that was against Colgate? He gets abused inside. Sidebe is by far our best rebounder. If Guerrier needs more time then Hughes needs to slide to the off guard giving Buddy a rest or Hughes or Marek get a rest. Marek can’t play the middle against ACC competition.

Guerrier is averaging 24 points, 12 boards, and 18(lol) foul shots per 34 minutes the last two games, but only playing 16.5 mpg.

Question is will we see a one guard lineup (plus Hughes)? We already have a three forward lineup.

Guerrier deserves another 10-15 minutes. Either Sidibe loses 10 minutes, or we go with a one guard lineup (plus Hughes).

It’s just our overall lack of athleticism. I watched last night and noticed there wasn’t a determinable difference in athleticism. that should really worry people.

It’s why I really wanted Carey to improve.

I like that it seems Q has gotten the message. He flexed a bit last night. Good to see, but he’s gotta do the same against better athletes.

We are going to have to rely on ball movement and spacing. That traditionally hasn’t been our forte.

All of these lineups are interesting and all have their shortcomings. I agree with Jake about the overall athleticism.

I think our forwards can mitigate this by being more aggressive like they did in the second half. Hughes, imo, settles for jump shots a little bit and could drive more. Marek and Q had showed some really nice moves and dishes in the paint.

Even Sid has shown the ability to work in traffic even though he’s not overpowering anyone. We might have an interior game if they continue to perform and work as a team.

The line up I am interested in seeing is:

Hughes
Buddy
Guerrier
Braswell
Marek

Size in the zone and scoring/shooting.
I agree that this lineup is really intriguing... unfortunately, I just don't think we're going to see it (unless Sidibe's knees start acting up again).

Can anyone recall a recent example of someone who was outside of the 7-8 man rotation early in the season, but then played their way into it (without an injury factoring into things and opening up a spot)?

It’s just our overall lack of athleticism. I watched last night and noticed there wasn’t a determinable difference in athleticism. that should really worry people.

It’s why I really wanted Carey to improve.

I like that it seems Q has gotten the message. He flexed a bit last night. Good to see, but he’s gotta do the same against better athletes.

We are going to have to rely on ball movement and spacing. That traditionally hasn’t been our forte.

This. Exactly this. All of this, start to finish.

Dolezaj at point. Hughes at the 2. Sidibe. Edwards. Dolezaj. Biggest zone ever!!!!

Had to get it in before someone else did!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom