best offense in the ACC | Syracusefan.com

best offense in the ACC

Oráiste

2017 Iggy Award Winner
through 5 conference games, the top team in offensive efficiency with 1.151 points per possession . . . is Syracuse.

Carolina is 3rd at 1.115.

Unfortunately, this is our worst defense in years, giving up 1.078 ppp, 9th best in the league. Carolina is 2nd at 0.962 ppg

We've played much better the past 4 games. Hopefully it is the new trend and not due to our easier schedule thus far.

We can definitely shoot. There are good pieces we are just missing a consistent engine to run this ship (PG).

I don't care what the stats say, Notre Dame has the best offense of any Acc team I have seen this year.

UNC is certainly a team you can score on too - it's a matter of slowing them down and keeping them off the glass. Once the point total goes over 75 for UNC, I don't like our chances. We need to keep this in the low 70's at worst to have a chance. We can score fine, but I don't know if we can score in the 80s with Carolina

last night's effort moved us from 1st to 3rd in offense (and UNC went from 3rd to 1st) and from 9th to 10th in defense

again, conference games only

We've actually lead the ACC in FT shooting and shot well enough from the field to help those efficiency #'s. However, the eye test shows that we are mostly a mess in the half court. Getting easy buckets has not been easy...

And playing bad D's like BC, Pitt, VT and UNC has been the biggest help for our O. It'll be interesting to see where the efficiency goes against ND, UVa, Lville, GTech...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom