Big announcement at 1 pm today: Hop to Washington | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Big announcement at 1 pm today: Hop to Washington

I understand the consternation given the uncertainty created but in the intermediate to long term this doesn't have to be a negative. Hopkins is a first class guy who we all wish well but there are other fish in the sea, some of whom are better catches than Hop.

I posted back in the middle of the season: a guy I know was at the UConn game at the Garden with one of the biggest boosters at SU. The booster said with certainty that Hopkins was no longer the coach-in-waiting and that SU would be getting a big name coach when JB is done. I guess that booster was right.
Well half right. Hopefully the other half comes to fruition too.

The next chapter is really a continuation of the current one really. Jim's going to coach another 3 years at minimum. He wants another 5. What this chapter will consist of is who replaces Hop on the recruiting trail. GMAC going to Washington is not a forgone conclusion. In fact, from what I gather, as of right now, he's staying.

Yep. I posted early in the thread that JB had requested 5. It's what created uneasiness with Hop as well.

Hmmm.
Everybody's favorite...Jay Wright...isn't doing anything right now.

Thamels lost it, he must still be really torqued.

I love this beauty

"Following Boeheim and living in central New York aren’t huge draws for hot young coaches. Would an established coach like Dayton’s Archie Miller or Xavier’s Chris Mack leave the comforts of their current jobs for Syracuse? Probably not."

ThiS is just laughable
Thamel has been jaded against JB and Syracuse for years, nothing new here. Something must have soured the relationship after he moved out of CNY.

I love this beauty

"Following Boeheim and living in central New York aren’t huge draws for hot young coaches. Would an established coach like Dayton’s Archie Miller or Xavier’s Chris Mack leave the comforts of their current jobs for Syracuse? Probably not."

ThiS is just laughable

Agree but this is why you don't on student reporters. Schonbrun is a former Daily Orange guy too.

I love this beauty

ThiS is just laughable
Good ol' Thamhole still holding a grudge. Grow up already

I love this beauty

ThiS is just laughable
Exactly. Cincinnati and Dayton are far superior to Cuse for those guys to give up a chance to coach in ACC and much bigger money. Screw Thamel. Let's strip him of his degree. One thing to be impartial, another to take shot after shot.

I love this beauty

ThiS is just laughable
This one was also a gem. He sounds like somebody who posts here lol
. The news was so devastating that it ended up on the page A-1 of The New York Times with a summary of “some of the most widespread and damning transgressions in college basketball in years.”

. The news was so devastating that it ended up on the page A-1 of The New York Times with a summary of “some of the most widespread and damning transgressions in college basketball in years.”

My other favorite was that Syracuse cares more about filling the dome than academic integrity. Lol

My thoughts exactly. Only Thamel would take this opportunity to attack the program with the NCAA infractions making them seem bigger than they were. Why was that needed? He's an ass

As well as throwing his completely baseless and worthless opinion in about how the Dayton and Xavier coaches wouldn't be interested in the job because they wouldn't want to live in Syracuse.

You don't get to just make things up, Thamel.

Congrats to Hop and his family. Gets to finally be the head man and is going to make at least 2-3 million a year at a great university. Do not blame him. This is great news for Syracuse, hopefully Boeheim sticks to his 1 more year and we open a national search and get a great candidate who is fully qualified. Thank Boeheim for making this job such an attractive spot and build a damn statue of him for all I care. But it's definitely time for him to go and someone new to be coaching this program. I trust Wildhack to make a great hire and please Wildhack, focus on a coach who understands the PnR offensively and defensively.

As well as throwing his completely baseless and worthless opinion in about how the Dayton and Xavier coaches wouldn't be interested in the job because they wouldn't want to live in Syracuse.

It's the same stock insults year after year. So dumb

And what's so "comfortable" about being the head coach of Dayton?

Also, Syracuse, NY > Dayton, OH

I love this beauty

ThiS is just laughable

Archie Miller or Chris Mack would knock their grandmother out of the way to take this job.

Yup, because Dayton and Cinci Ohio are really that different. You know they have the sun, beaches, burgeoning art & music scene....

They're definitely not similar rust belt cities. Not similar at all...

Congrats to Hop and his family. Gets to finally be the head man and is going to make at least 2-3 million a year at a great university. Do not blame him. This is great news for Syracuse, hopefully Boeheim sticks to his 1 more year and we open a national search and get a great candidate who is fully qualified. Thank Boeheim for making this job such an attractive spot and build a damn statue of him for all I care. But it's definitely time for him to go and someone new to be coaching this program. I trust Wildhack to make a great hire and please Wildhack, focus on a coach who understands the PnR offensively and defensively.
Thanks, that was quite a moving ode to JB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom