Big East players you have actually admired | Syracusefan.com

Big East players you have actually admired

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
This is a real tough one for me. Three quick ones for me are Chris Mullin, Billy Donovan and Walter Berry (yeah I know). Then I go program by program and rule out a ton of names. However, here are a couple other players that I liked. Boston College-maybe Dana Barros. Yukon-Ray Allen(only after he became Jesus Shuttleworth) and Ben Gordon. Georgetown-tough one although I liked Victor Page when no one else every did.. Nova-maybe Nardi, however I like Randy Foye now. Cincy-Jason Maxiell-but I don't think he played in the BE, West Virginia-Mike Gansey, Rutgers-Quincy Douby. Seton Hall-Terry Dehere

Interesting thread. Chris Mullin is an easy one for me. Loved his game. I was also a Ryan Gomes fan, mostly because it pissed Calhoun off so much how good he was.

Quite a few Marquette players in recent years -- Crowder, DJO, Mattews

Kyle McAlarney ... Man that kid could shot the rock! Like ND's GMac

OK, are you ready?

Alonzo Mourning. I remember him being a tough but clean competitor, and even remember him being courteous to SU players. I live in Charlotte now, and he was a very good player here and a great role model.

Ok here is one... Patrick Ewing!! What can I say I'm a Knicks fan!:noidea:

Rashad Anderson, Mike Gansey, Herb Pope and Ryan Gomes.

Ed Pinkney. Smooth as butter. Such a hard worker.

Patrick Ewing. The most dominant player in BE history.

Okafor. Loved how he kept balls in lay when he blocked. Would have been amazing him anchoring the zone.

Constantine Popa.

Willie Glass, just for his dunking ability.

Ben Hansborough. He was an awesome college player. Plus, i Met him late at night after a great BET game in a random pizza store on 33rd st. I told him I was a Syracuse fan and he was very nice and respectful.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Cliff Robinson at UConn. He played for the Blazers and I saw him at a mall in Portland. I was in like 6th grade and wearing a Syracuse hat. I told him I thought he was awesome. He said I appreciate that you want me to buy you a new hat. I said as long as its Syracuse and he laughed.

Reggie Williams. Smooth as silk.
Billy Donovan. As long as he was losing to us.
Jerome Lane. How could you not admire that dunk?
Ray Allen.

This is a tough one to say something other than stars. I always had a lot of respect for Kevin Freeman at UConn. I thought he meant just as much to their big time teams as the stars did. He would have fit well with our 98 through 00 teams.

Another guy I spent his time in the Big East wishing he was in Orange was DeJuan Blair from Pitt.

I will say this... yesterday, I was really impressed with Jakarr Sampson too.