Big East players you have actually admired | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Big East players you have actually admired

Ryan Gomes & despite him playing for Georgetown, Dikembe Mutombo for all that he has given back to the sport and his country.

This is a tough one to say something other than stars. I always had a lot of respect for Kevin Freeman at UConn. I thought he meant just as much to their big time teams as the stars did. He would have fit well with our 98 through 00 teams.

Another guy I spent his time in the Big East wishing he was in Orange was DeJuan Blair from Pitt.

I will say this... yesterday, I was really impressed with Jakarr Sampson too.
The like is for Sampson. He'll be an NBA player.

Tim James, Bootsy Thornton, Kerry Kittles, Ray Allen, Troy Bell, Felipe Lopez, Rudy Gay, Randy Foye and now Fuquan Edwin

Ed Pinckney and John Bagley (he could dribble in a phone booth). But mostly I admired the way Billy Edelin use to hand Chris Thomas his lunch.
Billy used to post up Thomas at will. One game Billy Edelin even pulled the inbounds pass off the back of Thomas to himself for a layup.

I have to say that I loved a lot of those 80's SJU and Nova teams. Mark Jackson was my second favorite PG next to Dwayne Pearl Washington. Their match-ups were fun to watch.

I can honestly say that I NEVER liked a GTown, UConn or BC team. Ever. I did like some of PJ's Seton Hall teams, but they were dead to me after he left.

I have to say that I loved a lot of those 80's SJU and Nova teams. Mark Jackson was my second favorite PG next to Dwayne Pearl Washington. Their match-ups were fun to watch.

I can honestly say that I NEVER liked a GTown, UConn or BC team. Ever. I did like some of PJ's Seton Hall teams, but they were dead to me after he left.

I actually liked the 89 Hall team that went to he finals and was a big Hall fan during the final four.

Harold Pressley of Villanova. He was Nova's version of Walter Berry, who I also loved watching as a kid.
The 1985 Villanova Wildcats for beating the Hoyas for the NCAA title, in what still ranks with me as the best team effort of all time in a title game.

Ed Pinckney
Dwayne McClain
Harold Pressley
GaryMcLain
Harold Jensen

As mentioned previously:

Patrick Ewing
Dikembe Mutombo
Reggie Williams
Dana Barros
John Bagley
Mark Jackson
Chris Mullin
Walter Berry
Emeka Okafor
Constantine Popa
Ed Pinckney
Harold Pressley
Kerry Kittles
Billy Donovan
Austin Croshere
Mike Gansey
Kevin Jones
Charles Smith (Pitt)

And I'll add:

Craig Shelton
David Wingate
Jerome Williams
Michael Adams
Marty Conlon
Kevin Pittsnogle
Pookie Wiggington

Pittsnoggle! I love that name. Saw an article on him a few years ater WV. He was an elemetary scchool teacher-the kids must have looked at him like he was Big Bird.

This is a real tough one for me. Three quick ones for me are Chris Mullin, Billy Donovan and Walter Berry (yeah I know). Then I go program by program and rule out a ton of names. However, here are a couple other players that I liked. Boston College-maybe Dana Barros. Yukon-Ray Allen(only after he became Jesus Shuttleworth) and Ben Gordon. Georgetown-tough one although I liked Victor Page when no one else every did.. Nova-maybe Nardi, however I like Randy Foye now. Cincy-Jason Maxiell-but I don't think he played in the BE, West Virginia-Mike Gansey, Rutgers-Quincy Douby. Seton Hall-Terry Dehere

Chris Mullin
Mark Jackson
Walter Berry
Malik Sealy
Bill Wennington

Will give an honorable mention to Dwayne McClain and Easy Ed Pickney.

Chris Mullin
Mark Jackson
Walter Berry
Malik Sealy
Bill Wennington

By default, throw in Louie Carnesseca and you've got a winner.

Marcus Hatten. Big time scorer for the Johnnies when I was a wee lad.

Chris Mullin
Mark Jackson
Walter Berry
Malik Sealy
Bill Wennington

I'll jump in as a uconn fan...

Stevie Thompson best dunker his size and could only shoot in practice

Sherman Douglas best alley oop guy ever

Lawrence motem scored a ton