billy owens facebook post.. | Syracusefan.com

billy owens facebook post..

cuseclappy

Winner 2016 SU Football Season Prediction Contest
"It looks like we won't have melo for the tournament. I think melo let his teammates, coaching staff and the university down. As a Scholarship athlete You must do all you can to be on the court. I don't understand some of these young athlete's, but I think our guys will come together and win the whole thing...let's go Cuse!!!!!"

billy and DC need to sit right behind the cuse bench for every tourny game.

not that he was ever ineligible, but Billy and DC for that matter were not nec. angels at the "Cuse. And yes, I know this first hand, not thru rumor or legend.

not that he was ever ineligible, but Billy and DC for that matter were not nec. angels at the "Cuse. And yes, I know this first hand, not thru rumor or legend.

"not that he was ever ineligible" is the operative part of your post

Hey Siock!! What's up??

He didn't say Fab needed to be an angel. Say what you want about Billy, DC, whoever...they did what they needed to do to keep playing.

Dear Billy Owens,
We've been trying to find you?
Signed,
The 1990s

"not that he was ever ineligible" is the operative part of your post
There was that time when it was a dicey situation going to (I think) Notre Dame when there was a call up of football players since half the team, including Billy Owens were suspended or something. It ended up working out in the end but it was hit or miss right up until game time. Anybody else remember that?

There was that time when it was a dicey situation going to (I think) Notre Dame when there was a call up of football players since half the team, including Billy Owens were suspended or something. It ended up working out in the end but it was hit or miss right up until game time. Anybody else remember that?

Maybe that was a weekend I was on a Boy Scout campout. I swear, SU always lost, regular season or tourney time, when we were on our monthly campouts. You could book it. Rhode Island and Minnesota losses, both campout weekends.

The difference is that, whatever they did or did not do, they finished each year out and did not bail on their teams.

Marvin Graves almost had to suit up.

Maybe that was a weekend I was on a Boy Scout campout. I swear, SU always lost, regular season or tourney time, when we were on our monthly campouts. You could book it. Rhode Island and Minnesota losses, both campout weekends.
Finally we know who to blame.

They were suspended in the early part of the ongoing NCAA investigation in 1991. They were reinstated after paying a small restitution fee. The suspension only lasted a day, but they didn't make the original trip to Notre Dame and showed up very late the night before.

Fab also let his teammates down freshman year by not being in shape.

This.

Seriously, it actually makes me (more than) a little angry to think about what a waste he was last year with how out of shape he was.

What has that got to do with their support for this years team? Angels, maybe not all the time, but good teammates and great supporters of Syracuse BB.

"It looks like we won't have melo for the tournament. I think melo let his teammates, coaching staff and the university down

Billy O left one important group out of that statement...Us...the fans.

Fab also let his teammates down freshman year by not being in shape.

This is by far my biggest beef with Fab. He was completely selfish with the way he approached this season. He let everyone in that program down. All the guys that worked with him to get him into shape. All the players who worked their asses off for a shot at a dream season, the same players who had his back through a tough freshman year and legal troubles. I hope he gets up tomorrow, looks in the mirror and realizes what a complete screw up he is for letting his team down.

Just a disgraceful waste...of everything.

"It looks like we won't have melo for the tournament. I think melo let his teammates, coaching staff and the university down

Billy O left one important group out of that statement...Us...the fans.

He owes nothing to the fans. He owes EVERYTHING to the guys who have been pushing themselves every single day in practice, but especially to the men who worked with him, coached him, and helped make him the player he is. He doesn't owe me anything.

He really f'ed up. If he doesn't come back next season to atone for himself, then good riddance. I don't see an NBA team forking over millions to a kid who shows a complete lack of responsibility. Talent be damned. If he brings that attitude to the pros, he'll be another broke washout in 5 years. He'll be surprised to find out that the NBA holds personal responsibility as a very important character trait. How many JR Rider's do you see in today's league? Unless he gets his act together and head on straight, he will be playing Euro ball in three years. Bank on it.

He owes nothing to the fans. He owes EVERYTHING to the guys who have been pushing themselves every single day in practice, but especially to the men who worked with him, coached him, and helped make him the player he is. He doesn't owe me anything.

He really f'ed up. If he doesn't come back next season to atone for himself, then good riddance. I don't see an NBA team forking over millions to a kid who shows a complete lack of responsibility. Talent be damned. If he brings that attitude to the pros, he'll be another broke washout in 5 years. He'll be surprised to find out that the NBA holds personal responsibility as a very important character trait. How may JR Rider's do you see in today's league? Unless he gets his act together and head on straight, he will be playing Euro ball in three years. Bank on it.

I agree. The hell with us. I would be pretty upset if I were his teammates right now. Someone at work today said he "owed" the fans an apology for supporting him. I almost kicked him in the nuts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom