Bishop Grimes- OT | Syracusefan.com

Bishop Grimes- OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a guidance counselor becomes the coach?

Do all the people at a school have to pass the tests to be allowed to coach? In NY you have to take the life safety courses don't you?

Maybe they can take one of the 15 assistants they had on the boy's team last season when I watched New Hartford stomp them in sectionals and let them coach the girl's team. They had multiple assistants grilling the refs every timeout. Was embarrassing.

so here is what i was wondering. you need to be a certified teacher and have passed CPR/concussion training to coach in NY.. without that you can only be a temp coach of no one is qualified. and still you mus have the health training.

maybe the person is a teacher who just doesnt teach? But then not everyone has passed the health safety course either.

Temporary Coaching License (TCL). A person who does not hold a current New York State teaching certificate (e.g. physical education, English, mathematics) may be appointed as a temporary coach only if there are no certified teachers available with experience and qualifications to coach the team. The non-teacher coach must obtain a Temporary Coaching license by applying on-line through the NYSED TEACH system and meet all of the same course requirements for coaching as does the certified individuals listed above within the same time lines and extensions. To gain the temporary coaching license the applicant must submit evidence of acceptable first aid and CPR courses; Child Abuse Identification workshop, School Violence Prevention and Intervention (SAVE) workshop and the Training in Harassment, Bullying, Cyber bullying, and Discrimination in Schools: Prevention and Intervention (DASA Training) workshop and fingerprint clearance. ▪ Applications for a 1st renewal of a Temporary Coaching License must submit evidence of completion of the Principles, Philosophy and Organization of Athletics in Education course. ▪ Evidence of completion of the remaining required courses must meet the same time line followed by certified teachers (see item #2 above). ▪ NFHS Pathway option: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/ciai/pe/do...NFHSSecond-PathwayGuideline-1-6-17-FDraft.pdf or nfhslearn.com ▪ Concussion training course (Every 2 years) o Heads Up, Concussion in Youth Sports, available at: http://www.cdc.gov/concussion/HeadsUp/online_training.html (Filed at local level) o NFHS Concussion course available at: NFHS Learn | Interscholastic Education, Made Easy (Filed at local level

Lack of due process. I’m so glad I’m not coaching today’s players and dealing with their parents. Money talks at private schools. It’s disgusting. McKinney should know better.
No process at all! He’s in their hall of fame! Won 360 games. Too many School administrators at every level are incompetent cowards. My son coaches hockey at a private school, 2x coach of year, and I fear something like this every day. Have to be ready to litigate to clear your name. Your name is all u have.

So 20 some odd years of coaching is ended by one reaction to probably hundreds of abusive outbursts over the years from parents. That's a shame.
That’s worthy of a sincere apology, confession at school chapel, and a note in his file. Then play on.

wow... didnt realize mckinney was the AD as well there... yeesh. not a great look.

Seems to me to be a play by the AD to let his daughter have the job next year.
Is it that important that you would fire a coach? Being head coach of a section 3 class c(?) Team?

God forbid you yell at a player!!! These kids are soft as Charmin sometimes imo.

You old guys are never going to realize the old ways will never work again. There’s a reason knight was fired.
And you young guys will never realize how soft you are and how unprepared you are for the real world. I agree that profanity and putting kids down is uncalled for but accountability and discipline actually works and I welcome it from the coaches of my children.

Knight crossed some lines and got what he deserved but one thing he never did was give every kid a trophy.

And you young guys will never realize how soft you are and how unprepared you are for the real world. I agree that profanity and putting kids down is uncalled for but accountability and discipline actually works and I welcome it from the coaches of my children.

Knight crossed some lines and got what he deserved but one thing he never did was give every kid a trophy.
I’m going to be 55 in 2 months numbnuts. I feel pretty confident in my role in the world.

And if a coach called your daughter and (edit) you a bytche in public and you didn’t call for his balls in a sling, you’d be the actual bytche

Last edited:

I love when older guys/gals think they’re so special because their teacher beat them with a ruler, meanwhile they’re out there crying about how unfair it is that young people are taking their jobs and becoming more successful than them. Accountability never disappeared, you just listen to the boomer news and they know it gets the elderly people all riled

I’m going to be 55 in 2 months numbnuts. I feel pretty confident in my role in the world.

And if a coach called your daughter and (edit) you a bytche in public and you didn’t call for his balls in a sling, you’d be the actual bytche
Good for you for being almost 55, guess what you are old just like us “old Guys”.
Anyways if you read my post I did say that there is no room for profanity and putting kids down. All I was saying is that the old ways DO work, which is discipline and accountability.

Status
Not open for further replies.