Bishop Grimes- OT | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Bishop Grimes- OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AD did the coach a favor. He will thank him someday.

Makes me wonder if it was a setup. Similar to Bob Knight's final transgression where the kid who said "what's up Knight" just happened to be the kid of one of Bob's biggest alumni critics.
I’ve never once heard about this conspiracy, I did some searching and couldn’t find one mention about his parents prior to the incident.

I’ve never once heard about this conspiracy, I did some searching and couldn’t find one mention about his parents prior to the incident.

Never heard this either but just found this...

"It also didn't help that their step-father at the time, Mark Shaw, had been a former radio show host in Bloomington who had a penchant for criticizing Knight."

Catholic universities in the US were generally started by one of three groups - Jesuits, Franciscans, and Congregation of the Mission. All three of those groups have drifted over time into generally more liberal theology with universalist flavor (the idea everyone is ultimately saved). It’s not shocking Catholic universities being led by these groups today could hire a guy who aided and abetted an abortion and has never publicly repented, because within the theology they follow there’s no need to repent anyway since salvation is guaranteed.

Pitino getting hired at Iona and St John’s did lead to protests from alumni - but part of the problem is the Catholic alumni aren’t really aware Catholic universities are being led in 2023 by groups and men effectively in schism with the Catholic Church. The universities are Catholic-in-name-only.

This couldn't be further from the truth, and your biblical interpretation of the need for public repentance is not at all grounded in Catholic teaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.