BJ Johnson | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

BJ Johnson

game highlights
BJ looked great, nice deep three, perfect outlet pass for easy deuce, another great pass in the halfcourt, couple of nice finishes in the paint. Made it look easy :)

Let's Go La Salle!

swansondance.gif

Curious question, did LaSalle offer BJ or was ever involved in his recruitment?
Yes, of course but he did not have them in his radar. All of the city schools offered him. I think that my ties to LaSalle were somewhat of a pressure to him. I think that many people thought that he was going to go to LaSalle or assume it anyway. But I explained to him early in this process that he did not have to go to LaSalle because I went there. I told him that he was playing, not me and that whatever school he thought would be the best fit for him would be his choice. I would only be there to advise and support his decision to commit to a school.

Yes, of course but he did not have them in his radar. All of the city schools offered him. I think that my ties to LaSalle were somewhat of a pressure to him. I think that many people thought that he was going to go to LaSalle or assume it anyway. But I explained to him early in this process that he did not have to go to LaSalle because I went there. I told him that he was playing, not me and that whatever school he thought would be the best fit for him would be his choice. I would only be there to advise and support his decision to commit to a school.
Besides I did not want BJ to break all of my prestigious records especially my 970pt total as a 6th man. :rolling:

Lower Merion is about to take the rematch with Chester. They are up 10 with about a minute to go. Continue to make their free throws and they are Champs.

Congrats to BJ and the Aces!

BJ also added 11rebs
Awesome.. stoked he's coming to the 'Cuse. I have to admits I was upset when Rondae spurned Syracuse for Arizona. Now I know that was a blessing in disguise.

By the way, has BJ been watching the tournament? i.e. 'cuse?

Southern 74, Franklin 73 Qtr finals in the Public League 1985 Will Crandall hit eighth man Bob Johnson for a vicious dunk and a 72-67 lead with 0:16 left. Johnson finished 6-for-7 and 9-for-10 for 21 points. Lionel Simmons added 19 points. Paul “Snoop” Graham (25) and Jerome “Pooh” Richardson (24) led the losers. Thinking back to when Basketball was the best in Philly. Only played 2nd and 4th quarters.:mad:
Southern 70, Gratz 69 Semi-Finals After blowing a 10-point, fourth-quarter lead, Southern survived when John Erby converted a layup off a fastbreak pass from Will Crandall with 0:08 left. The Rams advanced to the final for the first time since 1969; they’d lost five times in the semis since. Lionel Simmons (20), Irv Hutcherson and sub Bob Johnson (18 apiece) paced the scoring. Gratz’s Walt Dozier had 20 points, 11 rebounds. Another war with great team who also had Brian Shorter on that team.:mad:

Would that be the same Pooh Richardson that used to play for the Clippers? I remember having his basketball card as a kid and thinking "why would you want to be called pooh?".

Would that be the same Pooh Richardson that used to play for the Clippers? I remember having his basketball card as a kid and thinking "why would you want to be called pooh?".
Hey now, we were going to name my son Pooh. We also thought of giving him the middle name of Paul.
But decided against it when we said his first name, middle initial out loud.
:)

Kid broke my heart going to UCLA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom