BMK | Syracusefan.com

BMK

cpatrocks

Starter
Can we talk a little about how good BMK has been? Hands down the most improved player since tournament time started. I'm even feeling confident when he steps to the foul line. If he keeps this up we are going to be a real tough team to beat.

Agreed--he has been quite good, adding that post presence we have wanted all season. I'll take 11 points and seven boards from him every night, especially when he's hitting free throws. If he keeps playing this way, we'll give Indiana or Temple a great run.

Baye's emergence is built off of his fundamentals. His footwork on both ends is usually solid--has been all year. However, it looked like he was still trying to put it all together throughout the season. It takes time to make the proper moves "natural" to a point that a player has mastery of them and can just "play" using them. It appears that Baye is getting to that point now.

He sealed his defender perfectly last night several times, allowing MCW a target to pass to when he was penetrating the lane. On defense, Baye was a human ping-pong ball, rotating decisively to protect the paint when the perimeter players allowed dribble penetration.

Some pushups, some squats, and some milkshakes would really do him some good for next season as he works to continue his progression, especially since he is demonstrating proficiency in the fundamental skills. Of course, there is still (hopefully) plenty of basketball to play this season before that. :)

not really suprising though . if memory serves the mooseman was our best center in last years tourney.

whoa johnny!!! we have talent but our bigs still have a LOT to learn and i'm not sold HOP is the answer.

Can we talk a little about how good BMK has been? Hands down the most improved player since tournament time started. I'm even feeling confident when he steps to the foul line. If he keeps this up we are going to be a real tough team to beat.

I may be alone on this, but I thought he was pretty bad last night. Got abused inside by Solomon and Thurman, and he has developed a terrible habit of double-clutching the ball every time he touches it; he completely blew a wide-open dunk attempt by bringing the ball down, anticipating contact.

On the bright side, he may be our best ft shooter...sad.

He is certainly improved, and I feel like our best lineup has him in it (with MCW, Triche, Fair, & Southerland).
BUT...

Does he forget how tall he is sometimes?
He almost always brings the ball down when he grabs an offensive board instead of just putting it back up - though I guess we should be happy that he catches the ball at all on a rebound.
He misses dunks like crazy. Lately he really has been missing more dunks than free throws!
And it seems like too often he leaves his feet too early on defense.

Someone needs to constantly remind him that he is almost 7 feet tall, and one of the tallest guys on the court, if not the tallest, at all times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom