Bob Chesney | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Bob Chesney

So you would put a proven head coach who has won at every level he has coached at and have him underneath a guy who has never been a head coach at any level and the risk hire here is Chesney? Just making sure I understand how a career position coach puts his staff together.
It's like I'm taking crazy pills

people got worked up over Mullin without thinking maybe he doesn't have the fire to coach. 2 weeeks ago he said he just wanted to stay on the sidelines and mayve he does. lets see if he goes anyplace. he might never have been an option anyway. the HC guy has played enough D1 P5 to know what it takes and recruiting at SU hasnt been easy for anyone in 25 yrs. better coaching is Worthva game or 2 people keep saying. if he is better game coach than dino just the same level talent gets us to 8 9 win team
Charisma and coaching chops certainly help. But SU has other means of boosting recruiting ... travel budget, personnel, facilities, etc.

At this point my tiebreaker between Chesney and Brown is who will be the coaches they bring in / retain.

https://twitter.com/PeteNakos_

Source: Holy Cross OT Luke Newman plans to enter the transfer portal. The 6-foot-4, 310-pound senior was tabbed by multiple outlets as an FCS Preseason All-American. The Bloomfield, Mich., native is a three-time All-Patriot League selection.

oh ffs we are always at that one perilous moment, we're on the precipice at all times

meanwhile we're right where we were in 2004
No way man, this is the most important hire in the history of SU!!! Not just football, but for the entire school!

Or… it’s just a football coach. And if whomever we hire stinks, we try again in a few years.

Or that.

No way man, this is the most important hire in the history of SU!!! Not just football, but for the entire school!

Or… it’s just a football coach. And if whomever we hire stinks, we try again in a few years.

Or that.
yep and take a home run swing as opposed to choking up with 2 strikes and trying to just get on base. Huge upside, low floor. Who cares? we have pretty much stunk for 22 years

Unrelated, but I am still fascinated about the CNY FLYING CARDIAC SERVICES plane and how it goes back and forth to Bedford a lot. Is he a flying surgeon and works out of there? Just likes to fly? The world of private aviation is intriguing. And yes, I know this isn't related to Chesney as he wouldnt be flying out there but figured, why not...

Or that.
This! If we don’t get the right guy the city is doomed. No Micron! Don’t people get it?

Unrelated, but I am still fascinated about the CNY FLYING CARDIAC SERVICES plane and how it goes back and forth to Bedford a lot. Is he a flying surgeon and works out of there? Just likes to fly? The world of private aviation is intriguing. And yes, I know this isn't related to Chesney as he wouldnt be flying out there but figured, why not...
Also not the first time Dr. Lutz has made a random appearance on the board. His son was/is friends with Jimmy Junior per CTO in the below thread. Small world. Maybe he's on the board and can explain his love of flying and/or why bedford. Does he moonlight there? (though today's flight was a quick stop in bedford and immediately came back). So perhaps something else...he's obviously not transporting hearts. But it's a random airport for a joy ride.

I was saying the kid had the raw talent - that is indisputable at this point. Dino got nothing out of him and Bret Bielma did. He got good enough at Illinois to be an NFL UFA. We will never know what he would have been under a different coach with a different system. What was so different at Illinois than SU?
I think Devito could have done at SU what he did at Illinois with a comparable O line. They didn’t ask him to do too much. Dino chose to go in a different direction.

Also not the first time Dr. Lutz has made a random appearance on the board. His son was/is friends with Jimmy Junior per CTO in the below thread. Small world. Maybe he's on the board and can explain his love of flying and/or why bedford. Does he moonlight there? (though today's flight was a quick stop in bedford and immediately came back). So perhaps something else...he's obviously not transporting hearts. But it's a random airport for a joy ride.

I love your commitment to the flight tracker!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom