Bob Chesney | Syracusefan.com

Bob Chesney

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
IMG_8936.jpeg

The Holy Cross message board thinks highly of Chesney but lowly of Syracuse.

Meh, I’m not sure about Chesney. He has no experience (playing or coaching) at the FBS level
I’m not sold on him on his own but if you combine him with seasoned P5 coordinators it could be a good fit.

We need a guy at the end of the day who can be the face of the program, who runs a disciplined program, who puts the right people in the right roles, who makes logical in game CEO decisions and that can manage a clock competently.

View attachment 233430
The Holy Cross message board thinks highly of Chesney but lowly of Syracuse.

I call BS on that story. We do pretty darn well recruiting good students. John’s always talking about the importance of academics. He’s not telling a group of alumni that stuff.

We recruit athlete students and not student athletes?

Welcome to college athletics, buddy.

Gosh I wish that was the case and it would then lead to more wins and draft picks in football and basketball if it was really true.

I’m not sold on him on his own but if you combine him with seasoned P5 coordinators it could be a good fit.
Does he have a history with any of these types of coordinators? Would prefer that he forms a staff he's already got a comfort level with than bring on a stranger and hope they mesh.

His current OC came from UFla where he was asst QB coach. He has local (former U of Rochester QB) and Florida/Georgia ties, but little experience. If he's a key to their high scoring offense, he might be the kind of up and comer to join the staff. But we'd then need to look somewhere else on the staff for experience.

His current DC has a little more experience, but all at smaller New England Schools. Based on a quick peek at his bio, I could see him replacing Chesney as HCHC rather than following him.

I call BS on that story. We do pretty darn well recruiting good students. John’s always talking about the importance of academics. He’s not telling a group of alumni that stuff.
Agree. No way that story is accurate. Everything posted in that thread was uninformed and inaccurate.

No wonder Holy Cross and Worcester are so crappy.

Agree. No way that story is accurate. Everything posted in that thread was uninformed and inaccurate.

No wonder Holy Cross and Worcester are so crappy.
Holy Cross is a beautiful school, probably the nicest part of Worcester. Obviously a lot smaller than an SU but definitely not crappy.

It's just people upset that we might poach a coach they think highly of. No different to how this board acts when trying to justify a coach leaving or player transferring.

I have said this multiple times. Chesney is the best option. Offensive minded and he has been highly successful at 3 schools and he has recruited at the schools in Syracuse's former recruiting base. Don't bring in a Babers or a Greg Robinson who both totally ignored the recruiting base and the results show it.

The real question is would he come to Syracuse? He would have been the top candidate for the BC job, but Hafley is going to go 6-6 or so, so he lives for another season, but the job should open up in the near future and I think Chesney would prefer BC.

I have said this multiple times. Chesney is the best option. Offensive minded and he has been highly successful at 3 schools and he has recruited at the schools in Syracuse's former recruiting base. Don't bring in a Babers or a Greg Robinson who both totally ignored the recruiting base and the results show it.

The real question is would he come to Syracuse? He would have been the top candidate for the BC job, but Hafley is going to go 6-6 or so, so he lives for another season, but the job should open up in the near future and I think Chesney would prefer BC.

If Chip is let go then BC might not even be interested in Chesney.

I have a couple relatives who live in Worcester so I’ve been there several times. What a chithole.
Not to mention don’t we have one or two horrific NCAA upsets in that town?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom