Boeheim just on SC | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim just on SC

The Deadspine article is a pos. There is this whole contingent out there that wants to rail against JB making him out to be the Mr. Burns / Simpson's boss of college basketball. Let me guess, Dreadspin is going to lead the charge of the crusade to empower college basketball players to be given what they truly deserve. I busted my a$$ to get through college and had to work part of the time to make sure I could have money to eat. Granted the kids at this level of college ball have worked hard to get where they are but they were also blessed with the genes and athletic prowess that others like us can only dream of.

Ennis is going to get hammered physically if he ever sees any court time in the NBA. JB is being honest in his assessment of Tyler benefiting from one more year of college ball. If that seems like a self serving statement its only because you are predisposed to hating on JB. Screw Deadspin. They are devoid of anything containing intellectual merit.

Wilbon just defended JB on PTI saying that he has the right to criticize any players. Said that athletes are coddled enough as it is. He gets pretty angry...

If that seems like a self serving statement its only because you are predisposed to hating on JB. .

I'm not predisposed to hating JB; indeed, I am usually one of his most vocal supporters.

It's his opinion and he probably comes by it honestly. But it is clearly a self serving statement - both can be true.

Also, I watch a lot of NBA games, and Tyler right now is at least as good as half the point guards in the Association. And the average height/weight of NBA pt. guards is 6-2, 189. Tyler is 6-2, 180. He spends the offseason in an NBA weight program and he is within spitting distance of the average by opening night.

you guys saying he (and Grant) are going to get "hammered" are coming across like you want them to fail.

I'm not predisposed to hating JB; indeed, I am usually one of his most vocal supporters.

It's his opinion and he probably comes by it honestly. But it is clearly a self serving statement - both can be true.

Also, I watch a lot of NBA games, and Tyler right now is at least as good as half the point guards in the Association. And the average height/weight of NBA pt. guards is 6-2, 189. Tyler is 6-2, 180. He spends the offseason in an NBA weight program and he is within spitting distance of the average by opening night.

you guys saying he (and Grant) are going to get "hammered" are coming across like you want them to fail.
I don't want him to fail. I want all Syracuse players to succeed in both life and the next level in basketball if that is in the cards for them. But... I also perceive that some of these kids are clearly as self serving as any coach might be in that they are willing at times to put themselves ahead of all else including, game, team, school toward the purpose of advancing their pursuit of playing in the NBA.

I would never fault any kid for pursuing the dream of playing in the NBA but it's difficult to serve 2 masters. And some people look towards them a bit more callously because they value money and fame by way of the NBA over all else. Some players are criticized because they appear to play in a fashion which appears to be a demonstration or a try out for the NBA rather than playing in a manner which promotes the success of the teams objective of winning the game. Some could argue that Tyler Ennis appeared to do so toward the end of the season and at the close of the last game. Did he? I don't really know. But it has become abundantly clear that his focus is on playing in the NBA and not for Syracuse University. And that's certainly his own prerogative.

I hope he does well in the NBA. I hope he has a long and prosperous career and represents for Syracuse as he does so. But truth be known, I would much rather have him come back and help Syracuse make a run toward a chip next year. We as fans can be selfish and self serving just as easily as a coach or a player and damn it, I want him and Grant back next year!;)

Very rarely do PGs that aren't great athletes and can't shoot consistently from 3-pt. range succeed in the NBA. Just calling it like I see it - sorry for sounding self-serving or like I hope he fails.

I hope Ennis is the best PG in NBA history. But I'm also realistic, and have an ocean front property to sell you in Montana.

Because very few of the people on this board know how to move on.

exactly.gif

Again, you guys saying we should move on and we can't let go are totally out in left field. The debate (at least that I am engaged in) is about Ennis failing to attend classes. You guys clearly don't understand that Ennis leaving early for the pros and Ennis bailing on the remainder of the semester are two very different things. Like I have said - if he wants to take his chances in the draft I am ok with that - he is fully entitled to do that. But if he bails on the Spring semester it imparts lasting damage to Syracuse's APR score. When that score gets too low, Syracuse gets penalties - you know minor stuff like being banned from the NCAA Tournament. You know that's a fairly important event in college basketball circles. Funny factoid: did you know that you can't win the National Championship if you aren't in the NCAA Tournament? Another crazy tidbit: did you know that top recruits won't go to your school if they know you are banned from said tournament? It's just nutty and we in "can't move on crowd" are just kooky about these little foibles!

Anyway, you are either completely clueless or don't care about Syracuse basketball.

Soooo you're saying you cant move on, gotcha

:)

Last edited:
moqui said:
I'm not predisposed to hating JB; indeed, I am usually one of his most vocal supporters. It's his opinion and he probably comes by it honestly. But it is clearly a self serving statement - both can be true. Also, I watch a lot of NBA games, and Tyler right now is at least as good as half the point guards in the Association. And the average height/weight of NBA pt. guards is 6-2, 189. Tyler is 6-2, 180. He spends the offseason in an NBA weight program and he is within spitting distance of the average by opening night. you guys saying he (and Grant) are going to get "hammered" are coming across like you want them to fail.

I watch quite a bit of the NBA as well. I have to disagree that he is as good as half the point guards.

If you need a guy capable of dribbling the ball up the court and passing it to a guy to run an ISO play, Tyler is your man. Well, anybody who can dribble the ball past half court would be your man. He doesn't create for his teammates very well and he can't push the ball. He has trouble finishing and isn't a good shooter. I don't know what he does that would make him better than half the guards in the league.

I watch quite a bit of the NBA as well. I have to disagree that he is as good as half the point guards.

If you need a guy capable of dribbling the ball up the court and passing it to a guy to run an ISO play, Tyler is your man. Well, anybody who can dribble the ball past half court would be your man. He doesn't create for his teammates very well and he can't push the ball. He has trouble finishing and isn't a good shooter. I don't know what he does that would make him better than half the guards in the league.

I'm not talking about half the starters, I am talking about half the point guards. Every team in the Association carries at least two, most of them carry three, and some of them carry four points. Right now, there are 89 point guards listed on the official rosters of NBA teams. I am convinced the Ennis, right now, is better than a lot of them and at least as good as half of them - and maybe more than half.

I'm not talking about half the starters, I am talking about half the point guards. Every team in the Association carries at least two, most of them carry three, and some of them carry four points. Right now, there are 89 point guards listed on the official rosters of NBA teams. I am convinced the Ennis, right now, is better than a lot of them and at least as good as half of them - and maybe more than half.

I'm intrigued, can you list them? Maybe take a screen shot and post it? I'm not disagreeing with you, in fact, I think you are right. I would love to generate some NBA discussion though, as many here don't follow it.

I'm intrigued, can you list them? Maybe take a screen shot and post it? I'm not disagreeing with you, in fact, I think you are right. I would love to generate some NBA discussion though, as many here don't follow it.

I don't think there is a master list . . . I just went through team by team and looked at the names designated PG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom