Boeheim says "tremendous changes" this offseason. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim says "tremendous changes" this offseason.

My theory is that his statements were a roundabout way of encouraging a transfer or two without having to have a direct conversation.
I have to believe that conversation has already been had by himself and maybe Hopkins and players involvedThe big surprise could be a kid like Joseph. Maybe jim thinks that despite his screaming Kaleb doesn't "get it" Kaleb leaving would open the door for another top of the line PG.Aside from Paterson I can't think of anyone else being shown the door.

I think he simply means that, after the stink fest this season was, and all the new blood slated to come in, playing time is wide open. Guys are going to have to decide if they can work hard enough to improve and EARN PT because he won't be forced to play guys next season. Either you get with it and become a man, or your butt gets stapled to the pine. And if you decide that you don't want to work to raise your game, we'll show ya the door. He will not accept mediocrity next season.

fBeb1HX.jpg

Any reason for the Cooney/ G omissions? Are you anticipating a ban next year?

Why try and make more of it than it is. You've got McC and Coleman coming back with a handful of quality freshman. Don't you think that translates to tremendous changes?
The board has a history of blowing things out of proportion. I completely agree with you.

I think he simply means that, after the stink fest this season was, and all the new blood slated to come in, playing time is wide open. Guys are going to have to decide if they can work hard enough to improve and EARN PT because he won't be forced to play guys next season. Either you get with it and become a man, or your butt gets stapled to the pine. And if you decide that you don't want to work to raise your game, we'll show ya the door. He will not accept mediocrity next season.
I'm with you Pete. Playing time is wide open. The main rotation spots are up for grabs and will likely be different than this year. I think this is getting overblown.

If G, Cooney, Chris Mac are here, they will play. Fill in the blanks from there.

Lots of interesting theories of what JB meant, but I think more along the lines of what PeteCalvin wrote - that next year has to be very different from the way we played this year. Doesn't matter what that change will be but it can not be the way our team played this year. There must be changes, whatever they may be, because we did not progress as much as we could have, we lost games we could have won and players made recurring mistakes. I think his use of words was to emphasize that what occurred this season was unacceptable.

And that is my theory to add to all the others :)

Tremendous changes.
10 man rotation
Man D + a little pressure
Sit the cold kid
Make free throws
Recruit short armed kids
Beat Pitt

Last edited:
an early entry or 2?

G would be an "early entry" the same way Devo and PH were "early entries"

There is no option for a 2nd "early entry"
I dont know how you would equate G with those two. Those two were clearly going to have reduced roles in 2010 w Wes and Triche showing up, KJ a soph and Andy fully healthy. If G were to come back i would think he would be very integral to what JB was trying to accomplish, esp since we are thin at PG? JB loves seniors , just cant see how he wouldnt want G and TC back given the present state of things

Anyone think Kaleb bails? I do. I think it's him and BJ.

PhatOrange said:

Then that guarantees G is back.

I dont want him to, we are thin at pg, unless JB is bringing in transfer or juco. Malachi is not a pg and Howard would be even less proven and more of a ? Mark than Kaleb was this year. Unless JB is just trying to clear the deck for Battle. But this late in JBs career no way he gambles huge on one 2016 recruit. Makes no sense

I dont know how you would equate G with those two. Those two were clearly going to have reduced roles in 2010 w Wes and Triche showing up, KJ a soph and Andy fully healthy. If G were to come back i would think he would be very integral to what JB was trying to accomplish, esp since we are thin at PG? JB loves seniors , just cant see how he wouldnt want G and TC back given the present state of things

a. eric devendorf was going to leave Syracuse as a top 5 scorer in school history. He was not taking a back seat to Triche.

b. The G comment was in regards to him being an "early entry" which, more in depth means, early entry for the NBA draft. G, Devo, and PH are similar in that they are not (or were not) considered NBA draft picks. Calling them "early entries" is... funny. The other 2 had overseas careers and G certainly can too. But he isnt making an NBA roster next year.