Boeheim's Army: " Lydon is a Jewel" | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army: " Lydon is a Jewel"

We also lost to UMass in the Rainbow Classic, the year we and they and UK and Miss St comprised the Final Four.
Good call. That was a December holiday tourney game (Hawaii?) in 1995 -- I think that year was Pay Pal Cal's last as a shining beacon of integrity at UMass (Marcus Camby was on the roster).

At any rate, including that one, the one in 71 (courtesy SWC75), and the two others (07, 08), are we 0-4 against UMass? Wow.

Something has to be done about this, obviously. Let's schedule the Mighty-Mites, or minutemen (or whatever their name is) in '16 and see how they feel then.

Last edited:
A "consistent outside threat" is virtually an oxymoron, especially if they are the only outside threat and the defense knows that.
three point fg attempts. i see trevor in the ncaa top 50 with 230. three point fg %... hmmm my mouse won't scroll down that far.

Good call. That was a December holiday tourney game (Hawaii?) in 1995 -- I think that year was Pay Pal Cal's last as a shining beacon of integrity at UMass (Marcus Camby was on the roster).

At any rate, including that one, the one in 71 (courtesy SWC75), and the two others (07, 08), are we 0-4 against UMass? Wow.

Something has to be done about this, obviously. Let's schedule the Mighty-Mites, or minutemen (or whatever their name is) in '16 and see how they feel then.
Actually, there are 4 losses in the JB Era--2 in the Season of No Defense (ending our NIT), the Rainbow Classic game, and the Hop-Bloody-Head game in the NCAA tournament in Worcester.

We beat them some back in the day, including when Rick Pitino was their star guard.

In the pre-JB era (before 1976), I think we beat them in 61 and 66. They beat us in '69 and '71, Petino's first year. So we do have some wins against them, but none recently. I still think pay-back's in order.

2/22/71 . 32 freekin' rebounds .

001drj.jpg

Last edited:
Not to take away from the Dr as he would be a good rebounder in any era, but the pace of play back in the day was much quicker so all numbers are a bit inflated.

Not to take away from the Dr as he would be a good rebounder in any era, but the pace of play back in the day was much quicker so all numbers are a bit inflated.

Jack Leaman's teams were noted for being deliberate. A bigger factor was that shooting percentages were lower back then. But still, 32 rebounds is an awful loot of rebounds in any era.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom