Boeheim's Army: " Lydon is a Jewel" | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army: " Lydon is a Jewel"

Defense up top in the zone is a big worry for me this year no matter who is playing there. TC was steady until last year where I thought he struggled. KJ was bad. FH and MR are freshman and MG was better on the wing than out top.

Agree 100%. It was a collective breakdown. Almost like arguing who the smartest kid in the dumb class is.

The good ole days:

topOfTheZone.jpg

Hey Sheeebazz the hoop is the other direction.

They were excellent and I'd give them the nod over the Rautins/Triche backcourt defensively. I can only imagine what destruction a MCW/Rautins backcourt would have done.

Well, I was looking for a picture of Triche playing defense at the top of the zone. That one looked like it qualified. We just need more tenacious D at the top of the zone than previous season.

I still remember the way the top of the zone would shift back and forth to cover 3s during Triche's era. I don't think last year's team had that capability.

Well, I was looking for a picture of Triche playing defense at the top of the zone. That one looked like it qualified. We just need more tenacious D at the top of the zone than previous season.

I still remember the way the top of the zone would shift back and forth to cover 3s during Triche's era. I don't think last year's team had that capability.

MCW and Andy may have been more disruptive and better over all defenders than Triche but for my money Triche was the best positional defender we have had up top. He was basically always where he was supposed to be.

I was trying to find the TR picture from one of the articles but I was not able to find it. He looked pretty strong in the pic.

I hope these kids have trainers helping them so they do the weight training properly. We need players who can survive the season without getting hurt. Bench pressing 800 pounds may look cool but doing some squats might also be a good idea.

Is this the one?
image.jpg

MCW and Andy may have been more disruptive and better over all defenders than Triche but for my money Triche was the best positional defender we have had up top. He was basically always where he was supposed to be.
Was just thinking the same thing. BT was so reliable on D. MCW was amazing too, especially for his length. Glory days, for sure.

And that image of Sheebaz .. yah, not my favorite player (or team). Nor was boatright. But wow those guys were wrecking machines ... hit the 3 or drive by you and get the CALL.. every bloody time.

Yes. TR looks like a beast in that photo!
He does look pretty jacked in that photo (not sure if that means he's added weight though). Is that Keita behind him?

On my phone, the "el" in jewel does not show up in the headline. Makes an interesting read, at first blush.

Last edited:
People OOH and AHH about some of todays players, but Dr. J in his prime was just incredible to watch. Great athlete who jumped as smooth and well as a gazelle. Somewhere there is a promo he did for Dr. Pepper that is awesome.

Cute, but not the one he did as a player back in the day.

There are a number of other videos of the Dr. on that same Youtube page.

Last edited:
I am amazed that we hear 6-9, long, really skinny, super athletic, great shooter, likes to mix it up on the boards and not one person has mentioned Durant.

The reason I point this out is that even after a full season of college ball and a full precombine training regimine, he still couldn't bench 185 ONE FREAKIN TIME! KD had an OK freshman campaign still.

Strength is very helpful but even more important are length, athleticism and a will for the ball. Put me in the camp that Lydon will hold his own against 90% of college bigs he sees.

I am amazed that we hear 6-9, long, really skinny, super athletic, great shooter, likes to mix it up on the boards and not one person has mentioned Durant.

The reason I point this out is that even after a full season of college ball and a full precombine training regimine, he still couldn't bench 185 ONE FREAKIN TIME! KD had an OK freshman campaign still.

Strength is very helpful but even more important are length, athleticism and a will for the ball. Put me in the camp that Lydon will hold his own against 90% of college bigs he sees.
If Lydin becomes 1/50th the player KD is we are going to love watching him in the pros very soon

SUskibum said:
I am amazed that we hear 6-9, long, really skinny, super athletic, great shooter, likes to mix it up on the boards and not one person has mentioned Durant. The reason I point this out is that even after a full season of college ball and a full precombine training regimine, he still couldn't bench 185 ONE FREAKIN TIME! KD had an OK freshman campaign still. Strength is very helpful but even more important are length, athleticism and a will for the ball. Put me in the camp that Lydon will hold his own against 90% of college bigs he sees.

Durant has a handle that I doubt Lydon has. Creating your own shot too.

Chandler Parsons is prob the best comp.

I still want to see it before I am convinced. Breaking ankles and hitting 15 foot pull-up jumpers makes you seem a lot stronger than you look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom