Boeheim's Army / TBT 2022 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army / TBT 2022

Be nice if they could have a TBT that required all teams to be made up of Alumni. Maybe one ringer per team.
It would be interesting to see how many alumni teams would be available if they did an alumni only tournament. TBT was originally set up to be kind of a free for all. The alumni thing was kind of a fun thing that just evolved.

How can I watch TBT selection show?

According to the other thread it will be aired on twitter. The only such platform I have is facebook. If it is being shown on there I have no idea how to access a live feed. Any input appreciated.

According to the other thread it will be aired on twitter. The only such platform I have is facebook. If it is being shown on there I have no idea how to access a live feed. Any input appreciated.
It will be on Facebook (The Basketball Tournament) at noon EST. Or if you go on YouTube its on the youtube channel (The basketball Tournament). My guess is it will be a live streamed event so the actual stream won't show on either site until maybe like 5-10 mins before it starts.

Thanks for the info. On their You Tube site there is a spot to "subscribe". Do you know if that is needed to watch the show?

Thanks for the info. On their You Tube site there is a spot to "subscribe". Do you know if that is needed to watch the show?

No. That's only if you want all the TBT videos to appear on your YouTube timeline.

And there will be a LOT of videos once the tournament begins.

You can subscribe just for tomorrow, and unsubscribe after the show if you like.

Wish I understood the young jargon! What do I type I computer to get access? Do I have to be a subscriber? Thank you from an old fart.

#1 seed Boeheim’s Army will take on #8 seed India Rising in the team’s first-round game Friday, July 22 at 7 pm ET. (Times subject to change).

1 Boeheim's Army
8 India Rising
July 22nd
7:00 PM EDT

4 The Nerd Team
5 Brown & White
July 22nd
5:00 PM EDT

3 Friday Beers
6 Mental Toughness
July 22nd
12:00 PM EDT

2 Blue Collar U (Buffalo)
7 NG Saints (Scoop & Rick)
July 22nd
2:00 PM EDT

BA.png

If our team comes to play the only team that should be able to run with them in our region is the UB squad.

am I the only one who thinks with the way this tourney has blown up that they should up the prize money???

or is it just me??
There must be lots of money to fund all these teams in the tournament - I would think that after a while those discretionary funds especially for perennially losing teams would decrease the # of teams eventually. With single elimination and bigger field of teams, it’s getting tougher and tougher to win that final $1M prize to make up for the expenses and time spent by so many individual teams. 6 games to win - wow!

There must be lots of money to fund all these teams in the tournament - I would think that after a while those discretionary funds especially for perennially losing teams would decrease the # of teams eventually. With single elimination and bigger field of teams, it’s getting tougher and tougher to win that final $1M prize to make up for the expenses and time spent by so many individual teams. 6 games to win - wow!
A lot of these guys would be playing basketball somewhere anyway - this is an opportunity to market themselves to get an opportunity elsewhere. Showcase their talents against high-end competition. It's worth the investment.

Look at Kiefer Sykes - he wouldn't have gotten an NBA contract, IMO, without showing what he did with BA last year. I could be wrong - but I think that helped.

I can't say for certain but I believe TBT helps the teams that make the Final Four financially with accommodations and such.

For Boeheim's Army, all of these guys are making a little bit of money to compete - I have no doubt about that. What that number is, I have no idea. There might be a few other teams that have some payment structure regardless of the $1M winning as well.

. There might be a few other teams that have some payment structure regardless of the $1M winning as well.
Yeah the more I think about it - I guess the guys probably have deals in place based on appearances etc to get paid regardless of the final outcome...though there must be a bunch of players playing for free as well.

But if theres NBA draft picks and bigger names playing...it makes sense to up the "official" stakes a bit imo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom