Class of 2022 - BOOM coming? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 BOOM coming?

I can’t imagine having COVID seniors returning would affect the decision of a 2022 recruit.

Well it would because we only have so many roster spots.

every kid is offered a free year of eligibility. Your still allowed only 85 Kids on scholarship.

we may have offered a lot of kids, but how many of those are truly committable offers.

so yes, it will effect how many recruits we sign in a cycle

Conjuring up ‘Booms’

0BC6E96F-403F-4BD4-A990-E5520393A8D0.gif

I think the amount of kids we are returning is playing a role into how many recruits we have secured.

we aren’t going to have the roster spots to take as many as some other schools.

All our takes need to be home runs this cycle and probably next IMO
I don’t believe Covid seniors count against roster size

Well it would because we only have so many roster spots.

every kid is offered a free year of eligibility. Your still allowed only 85 Kids on scholarship.

we may have offered a lot of kids, but how many of those are truly committable offers.

so yes, it will effect how many recruits we sign in a cycle
No. From NCAA.org
For D1 fall sports, seniors who have scholarships and who will be using the extra year of eligibility will not count against the team’s scholarship limit for the 2021-22 season.

I don’t believe Covid seniors count against roster size

Covid seniors don’t

but the rest of the roster that gets a free year will, basically everyone got a free redshirt last season.

No. From NCAA.org
For D1 fall sports, seniors who have scholarships and who will be using the extra year of eligibility will not count against the team’s scholarship limit for the 2021-22 season.

For example, if you were a redshirt junior this year and next season (2021) you were going to be a redshirt senior…you will remain a redshirt junior.

so for the next 4-5 years we will have a whole extra year of kids on the roster.

So while this year it doesn’t effect anything, in future years it will

because of this I think the next 2/3 classes of recruits will be small in size compared to normal classes, if that makes sense.

For example, if you were a redshirt junior this year and next season (2021) you were going to be a redshirt senior…you will remain a redshirt junior.

so for the next 4-5 years we will have a whole extra year of kids on the roster.

So while this year it doesn’t effect anything, in future years it will

because of this I think the next 2/3 classes of recruits will be small in size compared to normal classes, if that makes sense.

By the time a player enters his Senior year (or his 1st Senior Year), the staff will have a pretty good idea if they want him back or they want him to move along.

Instead of 25 new freshmen every year, we may have 18-20 frosh and 5-7 returnees.

If HS kids know that spots are limited, they won't wait until the last minute to commit.

By the time a player enters his Senior year (or his 1st Senior Year), the staff will have a pretty good idea if they want him back or they want him to move along.

Instead of 25 new freshmen every year, we may have 18-20 frosh and 5-7 returnees.

If HS kids know that spots are limited, they won't wait until the last minute to commit.

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying.

we will see smaller recruiting/incoming classes.

with that, I would guess that the staff will be a little more selective on their takes.

this could be why we haven’t seen as many commitments as usual..or at least it seems we have seen less commitments than usual

We technically should start getting a higher level of recruit for the next several years as all teams will be in the same boat and there will be less kids getting scholarship offers. It sucks that we have missed on some early targets but that is to be expected after a 1 win season. I think the staff needs to be wise and not just jump on taking anybody this year that we consider the same level of take in previous years. We need to be selective and wait it out to see who is available as the landing spots start to get scarce.

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying.

we will see smaller recruiting/incoming classes.

with that, I would guess that the staff will be a little more selective on their takes.

this could be why we haven’t seen as many commitments as usual..or at least it seems we have seen less commitments than usual
Ha. Agreed. Pretty much what I was posting at the same time.

Patience. When we get our BOOMs it’s going to be like the grand finale at a Fourth of July fireworks show!
Is it going to be like when San Diego set all of them off at the same time?

it's more than frustrating...
Back in early April, our recruiting class was ranked in the 40s.
Today in the 60s.
Several ACC programs have added 3 to 6 recruits in the last 3 months.
CUSE zero.
You cannot turn an "ACC level program" around with recruiting classes ranked
in the high 50s year after year.
With the players that decided to come back, Cuse has the chance of being
MORE than competitive this year.
CUSE has 6 months to determine how good the program will be for the following
3 years.

Class rankings before signing day are completely fluid and based more on total number of commits than quality of said recruits.

For example Rutgers (13 commits) and BC (16 commits) are currently ranked 7th and 9th ahead of USC, Alabama, Florida State, Michigan, Florida, Clemson, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom