Class of 2022 - BOOM coming? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 BOOM coming?

Wish the staff would just save it for the day of the announcement. I just don’t see the point of a multi day build up. What does it benefit?

True but it’s getting a bit tiresome and recruiting’s fluid as demonstrated by the supposed whiff last week. I just don’t think the staff’s covering their own behinds by announcing this stuff a week early

It's called marketing. Keeping fans engaged. Not sure I understand what the big deal is. You don't find it funny that a bunch of grown men are now getting upset that a coach put up an orange emoji with some eyeballs and a 16 year old kid hasn't announced yet?

The 'whiff' might be just people creating a story where there is none.

Last edited:
If a kid committed to the staff last week, and wasn't going to publicly announce until July 4th, is that a whiff?
Is that what’s happening? It seemed like consensus we were expecting the OL who chose SDSU. I may be wrong, but in either case two weeks of trying to generate hype? It’s still a bit much but that’s just my opinion.

It's called marketing. Keeping fans engaged. Not sure I understand what the big deal is. You don't find it funny that a bunch of grown men are now getting upset that a coach put up an orange emoji with some eyeballs and 16 year old kid hasn't announced yet?

The 'whiff' might be just people creating a story where there is none.
I don’t see anyone making a big deal about it, I just thought it was tiresome. But hey, I’ll forget all about it when they announce the actual commit.

Is that what’s happening? It seemed like consensus we were expecting the OL who chose SDSU. I may be wrong, but in either case two weeks of trying to generate hype? It’s still a bit much but that’s just my opinion.

I agree, only because last week they said the same thing and nothing happened.

It makes it seem like they are just saying it, even though they don’t have anything.

Its like the boy who cried wolf.

I mean whatever, they can do what they want, but I understand what my guy trueblue is saying here and I don’t disagree

I don’t see anyone making a big deal about it, I just thought it was tiresome. But hey, I’ll forget all about it when they announce the actual commit.

It's tiresome the staff teases a commit? Can't please everyone I guess.

I agree, only because last week they said the same thing and nothing happened.

It makes it seem like they are just saying it, even though they don’t have anything.

Its like the boy who cried wolf.

I mean whatever, they can do what they want, but I understand what my guy trueblue is saying here and I don’t disagree

Who said there was a timeline? You guys all just want to open up your presents on ChristmasEve. Darn Grandparents delivering a few wrapped gifts that you can't open. ;-)

I guess those complaining don't like a little foreplay before the BOOM.

TBH - Feel kinda bad for their wives and/or GF's. ;)
Just agreeing with the hall of famer, premature anything is never good.

d605ee8b94077b1a180795a1152da0dd.jpg

Its about the kids, plus the coaches can celebrate and show their excitement when they want to. (normally right after a verbal) This is not exclusive to SU. Most teams alert their fans of a verbal. Selfishly we would like to know who it is but we dont find out until the kid wants to annouce it. I go on other boards and its the same thing. Posts about possible commitments and speculation of who it is.

Last edited:
Its about the kids, plus the coaches can celebrate and show their excitement when they want to. (normally right after a verbal) This is not exclusive to SU. Most teams alert their fans of a verbal. Selfishly we would like to know who it is but we dont find out until the kid wants to annouce it. I go on other boards and its the same thing. Posts about possible commitments and speculation of who it is.
wait a minute, it isn't about a bunch of morons on a fan site? ;)

Thats fine, Im certainly not suggesting we take anything away from optimizing the recruit’s experience. Just me speaking out from my glass case of emotion

Thats fine, Im certainly not suggesting we take anything away from optimizing the recruit’s experience. Just me speaking out from my glass case of emotion
I get it though. It’s frustrating because we get excited and we want to know. We want to have something to talk about and be hopeful for.

It’s a big decision for the player and his family so he should not commit publicly until he is ready.
I do not mind the staff hyping the potential commitment.
I can see the frustration from an su fan stand point. We have not had a commitment since April. A number of kids are committing to other schools. And after last years season we are looking for any excitement or hope.
However it will eventually happen and then we can spend days discussing the recruit.

1624905967480.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom