Bowl projections | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Bowl projections

Blasphemy.

On game days (when not at the dome) I mainly have Cape Cod kettle chips. I use to always have French onion dip with it but I can’t have dairy anymore.

I think Pinstripe vs Penn St would be fantastic. I still think we end up at Fenway if BC gets bowl eligible (feel like they end up at Pinstripe instead).
That was my thought but I've sort of shifted. I think Fenway would rather have UNC/UVA fanbase. And I think we end up the school determined most likely to have a lot of people book flights to El Paso or San Diego so we get Sun/Holiday.

Only catch is, Penn State still has both Michigan and Michigan State to play. They beat either of those teams and they may leap frog way over where we will land bowl wise. Their SOS this season was insane.

That was my thought but I've sort of shifted. I think Fenway would rather have UNC/UVA fanbase. And I think we end up the school determined most likely to have a lot of people book flights to El Paso or San Diego so we get Sun/Holiday.

I'm intrigued by the Sun Bowl. I believe it's still the lone holdout from the ESPN borg, being shown on CBS New Year's Eve day.

The Holiday Bowl in San Diego could be really good for us.

Isn’t one of our top recruiting targets a QB from a high school in the San Diego area? I believe we also offered a DB from the same area (the player ultimately committed to Oregon).

Some of our coaches also have backgrounds in San Diego;

• Dino Babers played hs football in San Diego. He was in San Diego recruiting during the bye week.
  • Tony White was at San Diego State for nine years.
  • Mike Schmidt played at San Diego State then coached there for 12 years.
  • Josh Bringuel, Defense GA, played and coached at San Diego State.
  • David Gettis, quality control, played HS ball in Los Angeles
  • Kevin McGarry, analyst, played and coached in San Diego for more than 40 years before coming to Syracuse.

This could be an opportunity to expose kids in San Diego to Syracuse football.

I recall reading once that the alumni base in Southern California was only second the the alumni in the NYC area. If that true, will the Syracuse alumni support this football team for a game in San Diego? Bowl game reps wants schools that can sell tickets.

Let’s go and win this week. Go Orange!

The Holiday Bowl in San Diego could be really good for us.

Isn’t one of our top recruiting targets a QB from a high school in the San Diego area? I believe we also offered a DB from the same area (the player ultimately committed to Oregon).

Some of our coaches also have backgrounds in San Diego;

• Dino Babers played hs football in San Diego. He was in San Diego recruiting during the bye week.
  • Tony White was at San Diego State for nine years.
  • Mike Schmidt played at San Diego State then coached there for 12 years.
  • Josh Bringuel, Defense GA, played and coached at San Diego State.
  • David Gettis, quality control, played HS ball in Los Angeles
  • Kevin McGarry, analyst, played and coached in San Diego for more than 40 years before coming to Syracuse.

This could be an opportunity to expose kids in San Diego to Syracuse football.

I recall reading once that the alumni base in Southern California was only second the the alumni in the NYC area. If that true, will the Syracuse alumni support this football team for a game in San Diego? Bowl game reps wants schools that can sell tickets.

Let’s go and win this week. Go Orange!

Lots of Cuse alum (and CNY transplants) in SoCal these days.

I'm intrigued by the Sun Bowl. I believe it's still the lone holdout from the ESPN borg, being shown on CBS New Year's Eve day.
Sun Bowl always brings Lindsey Nelson and CBS to mind.Not sure why, but I’ve always thought of the Sun Bowl as more of a bigger and better bowl than some of the others. It’s no Sugar or Orange of course but maybe because it has been a CBS staple the nostalgia part makes me like it better than some of the others.

Pesto is an underrated sandwich condiment.

And I sure as Hell don't mean pesto adulterated with mayo, you barbarians.
oh you mean the ubiquitous catchall condiment for pseudo yuppie restaurants called "aioli". Keep that crap and your "artisan" bread (whatever the hell that is), away from my sandwich!

Listen, there’s lots of different condiments. We shouldn’t ridicule anyone for their choice in what they like. I’m pretty sure Chip said, “The white stuff comes in all different flavors”.

Would it be fair to say that the Holiday Bowl is the most prestigious, ACC tie in that is non NY6?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom