Bracketology | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bracketology

Personally I would love to see them be an 8/9 and have a chance at taking out a potential less than formidable 1 seed. Last time we were an 8 or 9 we lost to Gottlieb and the Pokes I think.
Weren't we an 8 or 9 in 2001? Got blitzed by Kansas in 2nd round

Edit: Nevermind. We were a 5 seed and got blitzed by Kansas was the 4 seed. Thought as bad as they beat us it must have been a 1-8 game

In today's J Palm Valentine's Day update, we are the 8 seed in the East, playing Monmouth for the right to (likely) play Villanova.

In Brooklyn.

The 4 and 5 seeds? Utah and Indiana. :cool:

In today's J Palm Valentine's Day update, we are the 8 seed in the East, playing Monmouth for the right to (likely) play Villanova.

In Brooklyn.

The 4 and 5 seeds? Utah and Indiana. :cool:
I keep seeing us in the 8/9 game in Brooklyn with Nova round 2...at this point I'd give anything for that matchup. Monmouth/IU/Utah aren't scary either. MSU is the 2.

I think we will end up a 6 or 7 seed though.

upload_2016-2-15_0-46-26.png

New Palm -- In Midwest, with Oklahoma as #1 seed.

It seems with bracket rules it was a little easier to place us in the east when we were 8/9. The majority of brackets I saw as a 8 had us in Brooklyn in the Nova Bracket against an 8. Once we are a 7 seed it may be scattered.

upload_2016-2-15_0-56-31.png

Games are in Spokane. Oklahoma is the #1 seed in this one

I wonder if Lunardi will pull us up to 9 seed today. I mean he has been 2 seed lines behind Palm and the Fox guy.

We are closer to 6 seed than we are the last 4 byes in right now.

We inched up to #37 in Sagarin, up from #39. Also up to #26 in his "Recent" rankings.

View attachment 55532
New Palm -- In Midwest, with Oklahoma as #1 seed.

It seems with bracket rules it was a little easier to place us in the east when we were 8/9. The majority of brackets I saw as a 8 had us in Brooklyn in the Nova Bracket against an 8. Once we are a 7 seed it may be scattered.

View attachment 55533
Games are in Spokane. Oklahoma is the #1 seed in this one
What bracket rules? Getting to start in Brooklyn would be amazing

Teams like Xavier, Michigan State, West Virginia, Maryland, Oregon, Kentucky are looking more and more like potential 2nd round opponents over Oklahoma, Kansas, Villanova, Iowa

I could see us bracketed with West Virginia in Providence. WVU forces a lot of turnovers and would be a team we would need to play Frank Howard more as they press, press, press.

I just want no part of Michigan State/Kansas/Oklahoma the first weekend. Those 3 are the best teams IMO.

What bracket rules? Getting to start in Brooklyn would be amazing
I would put absolute zero weight on where these "bracketologists" have any team placed. The seeding number is interesting, but the region right now is absolutely meaningless.

I hate myself for worrying about anything UConn related, but for the love of God it is simply mind-boggling that they're a seed line ahead of us. By what possible metric could someone make that argument?

I hate myself for worrying about anything UConn related, but for the love of God it is simply mind-boggling that they're a seed line ahead of us. By what possible metric could someone make that argument?
I just saw someone tweet Lunardi Team A 18-7 RPI 43 SOS 51, Team B 18-8 RPI 38 SOS 53. Team B beat Team A on neutral. Team B has more top 50 Ws A is 9 & B is 10.Why?

Lunardi legitimately sucks at his job if he thinks we are a 10 seed right now and UConn is ahead of us.

He is just trolling at this point.

He's actually starting to piss me off now. Is he legit trolling at this point?

Glad it's not just me! How can he be that far off from Palm? Even if we're the last 7 seed for Palm, that means Lunardi has us about 10 teams behind him if we are one of his top 10-seeds.

Wichita State just lost to Northern Iowa and has an RPI of 56. They have ONE top-50 win (we have 6). How in God's name can they be an 8-seed? How??????

It's inconceivable how Lunardi is so far apart with other "experts" on where we should be seeded. Palm historically is much better with actual seed predicting than Lunardi is -- so I trust him a tad more. ESPN always pumps how Lunardi is, but they usually only talk about how many team he correctly predicts in the field. I would say most posters here would correctly predict the field as well if they put the time in that Lunardi did

RPI ranking dropped to #40 today despite yesterday's win. Strength of schedule dropped to 54th.

Thanks for sucking, BC.

Lunardi is the outlier poll you just throw away. Whatever he wants to put out is fine but they guy obviously isn't good at his job if he spends time analyzing teams resumes and pumps out what he has done.
Pitt's Top 4 wins: At Notre Dame, at Florida State, Syracuse at home, Georgia Tech at home.
Syracuse' Top 4 wins: At Duke, Texas A&M-N, UConn-N, Notre Dame at home.

Pitt needs to beat us more than we need to beat them right now.

i dont know why people get all bent out of shape on what these Bracketologists say. I mean seriously. These guys are not on the committee so who really cares if we are listed as a 8 seed or a 10 seed?

Maybe its just me

i dont know why people get all bent out of shape on what these Bracketologists say. I mean seriously. These guys are not on the committee so who really cares if we are listed as a 8 seed or a 10 seed?

Maybe its just me
I look at them just for the idea of getting a feel for where the rest of the country thinks we are. I know I always have a bias when I look at SU. The other thing we have to look at is that our seed really is secondary to the matchup we have. In addition, upsets in the tourney may make a 10 seed a better draw than a 8 seed anyway.

I look at them just for the idea of getting a feel for where the rest of the country thinks we are. I know I always have a bias when I look at SU. The other thing we have to look at is that our seed really is secondary to the matchup we have. In addition, upsets in the tourney may make a 10 seed a better draw than a 8 seed anyway.
As do I. However ranting and raving over what Lunardi says is silly. Use the Bracket Matrix and you will get a really good idea of where we are

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom