Braedon Bayer a Grad Transfer | Syracusefan.com

Braedon Bayer a Grad Transfer

Somebody is going to look at what he did against MSU and he's going to get a shot somewhere to compete with a scholarship to end his career.
Cuse fans will remember what he did for an incredibly long time

This is what the grad transfer rule should be about. This kid came to SU and paid his dues, got his 5 minutes of fame (almost literally) and now he's going to be able to parlay that into an opportunity he wouldnt have had otherwise. Great story.

Hope SU finds more kids like him.

So smart of him. Im sure many coaches saw and admired what he did vs msu

So smart of him. Im sure many coaches saw and admired what he did vs msu

This sentiment is expressed a lot. He did a nice job against MSU. The reality is though, most D-3 starters for decent programs could fit into a D-1 5, if not asked to do too much. Fundamentally, they can usually shoot, handle, pass, run offense, position themselves defensively, etc. They just usually dont have the athleticism to keep up over time.

Just my opinion, i'd be surprised if a D-1 school offers him a scholly.

Regardless, I wish him well. He was a great add to the Program.

This sentiment is expressed a lot. He did a nice job against MSU. The reality is though, most D-3 starters for decent programs could fit into a D-1 5, if not asked to do too much. Fundamentally, they can usually shoot, handle, pass, run offense, position themselves defensively, etc. They just usually dont have the athleticism to keep up over time.

Just my opinion, i'd be surprised if a D-1 school offers him a scholly.

Regardless, I wish him well. He was a great add to the Program.

He'd be a fantastic add to UVM, who graduated 6 seniors this year. I'm sure there are other teams out there with similar numbers issues.

This is what the grad transfer rule should be about. This kid came to SU and paid his dues, got his 5 minutes of fame (almost literally) and now he's going to be able to parlay that into an opportunity he wouldnt have had otherwise. Great story.

Hope SU finds more kids like him.
3rd school. Some would say that's not good for college sports.

I wish him well and I think he will have a great grad season given his work ethic and positive attitude. To me Braedon is what college sports is all about.

It will be interesting to see where he ends up and I will be following him throughout next season

When Geno left Bayer got his scholarship. It’s possible that with Bayers last year of college eligibility, he wanted to play on scholarship somewhere - he wouldn’t get that scholarship here most likely

Could be. I also think it is probably more about grad school than playing. Smart.

I wish him well and I think he will have a great grad season given his work ethic and positive attitude. To me Braedon is what college sports is all about.
/QUOTE]
Going to 3 schools chasing playing time.;)

he wanted to play on scholarship somewhere - he wouldn’t get that scholarship here most likely
Maybe, I think there's a negligible non-zero chance we'll fill all 13 12 scholarships for 2018-19. They're at 10 now (+Buddy) with everyone coming back. Lose Tyus to the NBA, and that's nine. Lose another player for whatever reason, and that's 8. Maybe they pick up another PF/C type, but I don't see how they'd get to 13 12.

Bayer can probably parlay his experience into decent minutes for a D1 team and that's great for him.

Last edited:
Maybe, I think there's a negligible non-zero chance we'll fill all 13 scholarships for 2018-19. They're at 10 now (+Buddy) with everyone coming back. Lose Tyus to the NBA, and that's nine. Lose another player for whatever reason, and that's 8. Maybe they pick up another PF/C type, but I don't see how they'd get to 13.

Bayer can probably parlay his experience into decent minutes for a D1 team and that's great for him.
Syracuse only has 12 scholarships this upcoming year (the last year of NCAA penalties).

All Boeheim has to do is make a couple of phone calls and Bayer is on a full ride where he'll get to play

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom