Brandon's final drive was uncalled for... | Syracusefan.com

Brandon's final drive was uncalled for...

PeteCalvin

Hall of Fame
That was a freshman mistake, not something you expect from a senior. I'm speechless. We had our chance on that possession. Should have drove and kicked for a three to take a lead.

bad back

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That was a freshman mistake, not something you expect from a senior. I'm speechless. We had our chance on that possession. Should have drove and kicked for a three to take a lead.

But that was never a foul. Can't charge if a defender is moving their feet.

That was a block. Terrible call. And I'm far from a BT cheerleader.

There is simply no way you can put this on the shoulders of the kid who did exactly what the commentators were saying - take it to the rim. It was a good play with a bad call at the end.

He had 11 points and 8 assists with only 2 TOs. Look elsewhere for blame on this one.

And I am a BT cheerleader.

it was a block... had he got the correct call he'd be a hero.

Ended his career with a stupid foul that he always gets called for. Can't blame the ol' gunslinger there for trying to do what worked the past couple times.

He went to what was working, if he launched a contested 3 and missed everyone would bellyache that he should've driven.

I'll give this team a lot of credit, they couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat, withstood a barrage of insane 3s, and just about stole it at the end.

I hear what you guys are saying, but if you don't give the refs the opportunity to make that 50-50 call, you're better off.

I hear what you guys are saying, but if you don't give the refs the opportunity to make that 50-50 call, you're better off.

no, it was a basketball play that he executed correctly. he was screwed. so were we.

It was a bad call. Absolutely. But we gave them the chance to blow the whistle when we didn't have to make that play. Brandon took over when MCW went out and gave us our chance to pull it out. I just didn't agree with that decision at that point of the game.

Yeah, Bt and Southerland are losers right? Sad.
cj fair almost bailed them out but they stopped giving him the ball

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Triche was fouled. The ref mad the wrong call and you're wrong. So just drop it.

You don't give the ref the chance to blow that whistle, though. You just can't risk it. That one play killed us.
You don't get it. Did you see the BS call they called in the 1st half on MCW, which was almost the same EXACT play except MCW was set, they called a block. The dude made the shot and hit the FT - that's 3 points they shouldn't have had.

Apparently you and Vitale are the only ones who thought it was a charge.

bad call still BT and James didnt play like we need our seniors to play. If james goes even 30% we win. If BT makes a foul shot doesnt throw the ball away and gets the call we win. At the end of the day our Seniors didnt step up.

James killed us this game. Not BT. Again, I'm far from a BT cheerleader, but those "who is better - James or CJ" threads are looking pretty dumb now.

Yeah, James' shooting and MCW's overall play killed us - but James has played so well until tonight and while MCW has been shaky all season he really helped us in other games - their offensive boards killed too

You cannot get bent outta shape on 50 / 50 bang bang calls. We couldn't put the ball in the basket for large stretches of the game, and made some questionable (Triche over the top to Rak?) decisions with the ball.

I hate the block / charge thing as much as anyone, but that's the game in 2013. JB was right at half, we needed to score. The Bayside Bomber gave us 5. That ain't gonna do it.

bad call still BT and James didnt play like we need our seniors to play. If james goes even 30% we win. If BT makes a foul shot doesnt throw the ball away and gets the call we win. At the end of the day our Seniors didnt step up.

BT had 11 points, 8 assists, 3 rebounds and only 2 TOs. And missed only 1 free throw. He wasn't the problem tonight. Not by a long shot.

Yeah, there is that. Dirty being so cold and Triche's air mail pass after the time out stand out as things you don't want to see from 4 year players.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom