Breaking News... | Syracusefan.com

Breaking News...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Geoff Herbert ‏@deafgeoff
Temperatures in #Syracuse are above freezing for first time since Jan. 29!

B_Q8BUsWkAE4gh2.jpg

Man, that is one thing I do not miss about CNY. It was only 77 here in Alabama yesterday and about same today before another lovely cold front comes through.

But the weird thing is... I have more snow on my property in southern Connecticut than I saw in Syracuse on Monday.

Man, that is one thing I do not miss about CNY. It was only 77 here in Alabama yesterday and about same today before another lovely cold front comes through.

I can't tell you how much I miss living in Georgia this time of year.

But the weird thing is... I have more snow on my property in southern Connecticut than I saw in Syracuse on Monday.

Seriously? My younger brother lives in West Monroe and he can't throw the snow any higher. I saw the photo, too!

I can't tell you how much I miss living in Georgia this time of year.
Depending on if you lived in northern GA or southern GA this past year would make a difference. Northern been getting lousy weather off and on (snow and freezing rain).

And get ready for even more tonight!

Seriously? My younger brother lives in West Monroe and he can't throw the snow any higher. I saw the photo, too!
Yes, Seriously. There is definitely more snow at my house in Southport, CT, than there is at Manley Fieldhouse. And as Upstate just said, we are forecast to get another six inches tonight. The darned stuff has not melted since the first week of January!

Yes, Seriously. There is definitely more snow at my house in Southport, CT, than there is at Manley Fieldhouse. And as Upstate just said, we are forecast to get another six inches tonight. The darned stuff has not melted since the first week of January!

I'm sorry you've taken the brunt of North America's winter this year. My cousin in Boston and my aunt in New London are indeed weary of it as well. It's been so mild around here that I haven't had to plug in the car even once (usually around minus 10-15 F). A month ago my wife's snow-shoeing/XC ski club cancelled some trips over low numbers due to not enough snow up in the mountains. :oops:

Golden snowball competition...

Syracuse 110.1 (and we're below average)
Buffalo 108.2
Rochester 90.1
Binghamton 80.9
Albany 72.2

Boston 104.1

@PeteWeatherBeat: BREAKING: For the 1st time in 50 DAYS, Syracuse has hit 40°. Today's high: 42°. Last time warmer: January 4 (55°)

There a rea lot of things I miss about Syracuse/the N-East----50 straight days of highs below 40° does not make the list!

West Coast FTW!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom