Bronco Mendenhall stepping down at Virginia / Tony Elliott hired | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Bronco Mendenhall stepping down at Virginia / Tony Elliott hired

Our last 2 moves - which were and will now always be our last 2 moves EVER!;
we're leaving this house toes up with a sheet over our heads ;) -
we packed ourselves, AND got a PODS container.

So the movers 'only' had to move furniture and other bulky stuff on moving day, and we could pack up and load up the PODS thing at our convenience, and likewise with unloading it and then unpacking.

Big fan of the PODS.
Yeah but PODS mean I am packing and unpacking which is probably part of the reason you are not moving again.

As lucrative as his contract is on the front end, that measly $8M buyout (that lowers $2M/yr) is a fantastic ripcord for the university. Do well, get paid well. But if after 3 years things aren't looking good, and termination is appropriate, then he'll get a few mil instead of the 12M left on his contract. Well done Virginia, it's almost as if they learned from our mistake.

Manning won’t leave the SEC. It is a win to get a visit from him though.
I would not count them out so easily. There is a deep Manning family history there. Arch’s Mom is a UVa grad. So is Peyton’s wife (Peyton spent a lot of time on the Grounds visiting her during his playing days). And Arch’s sister is currently a student there. Virginia is elite scholastically, more so (by far) than anything the SEC can offer outside of Vanderbilt.

Nothing against Tony Elliott, who I bet will be a good coach, but if there was a veteran coach there (like Bronco and Anae), it would greatly enhance their odds. Time will tell and it will be Arch’s choice.

I would not count them out so easily. There is a deep Manning family history there. Arch’s Mom is a UVa grad. So is Peyton’s wife (Peyton spent a lot of time on the Grounds visiting her during his playing days). And Arch’s sister is currently a student there. Virginia is elite scholastically, more so (by far) than anything the SEC can offer outside of Vanderbilt.

Nothing against Tony Elliott, who I bet will be a good coach, but if there was a veteran coach there (like Bronco and Anae), it would greatly enhance their odds. Time will tell and it will be Arch’s choice.
Uva is a great school and Charlottesville is amazing. He isn't going there. I would be stunned if he goes outside the sec and if he does it will be Texas.

I hope he goes there. It would be good for the conference.

It is a shame Virginia is a dumpster fire right now. If Mendenhall had only stayed and they still had Coach Anae and Coach Beck. That would have been a good situation for a promising young QB.

I hope he goes there. It would be good for the conference.

It is a shame Virginia is a dumpster fire right now. If Mendenhall had only stayed and they still had Coach Anae and Coach Beck. That would have been a good situation for a promising young QB.

Yeah, hell no.

I prefer Anae & Beck exactly where they are.

FFF UVA.
(I have nothing against UVA, but if I’m choosing between Orange & Hoos, it’s Orange 144% of the time).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom