Bronco Mendenhall stepping down at Virginia / Tony Elliott hired | Syracusefan.com

Bronco Mendenhall stepping down at Virginia / Tony Elliott hired

wow! maybe UVA will rehire Mike London and we can beat them next year? Whomever they hire, it's that much more likely the QB leaves, either for the NFL or another school for a year

wow! maybe UVA will rehire Mike London and we can beat them next year? Whomever they hire, it's that much more likely the QB leaves, either for the NFL or another school for a year
Not sorry to dash your hopes, but don't be surprised if Jason Beck, the QB coach moves up.

His departure is as much of a surprise as his hiring was.
yeah, this has gotta be a shock, Hoo. do they have someone on staff that you think could be promoted to HC, or you think they have to go outside and get a new guy?

Not sorry to dash your hopes, but don't be surprised if Jason Beck, the QB coach moves up.
whoa, I just posted a question to you about whether someone currently on staff might get the job. ok, well, how about that QB of yours go to the NFL?? ;)

I think UVA just got a commitment from a transfer a few hours ago.

Speculation on our board is that the AD told Bronco that he had to make changes and he told her he would walk rather than make any. Since 1950, we've had only 5 of 13 coaches leave of their own volition.

whoa, I just posted a question to you about whether someone currently on staff might get the job. ok, well, how about that QB of yours go to the NFL?? ;)
He might stay if Beck moves up to be HC. Armstrong's future at UVa was the biggest mystery before "Why is Bronco leaving?" became #1.

Speculation on our board is that the AD told Bronco that he had to make changes and he told her he would walk rather than make any. Since 1950, we've had only 5 of 13 coaches leave of their own volition.
If that is the case they may not promote from within.

Not ideal. One more "peer school" to battle over staff with.

Here's an idea though

@JohnCassillo
And seriously, Syracuse should try and hire Robert Anae, Virginia's offensive coordinator, if he's now available. Some Dino ties there too, which might help.
I agree to some extent but I think this year would almost guarantee a poor HC choice if we had to compete with all other falling dominos.

Next year may provide a tad less competition (at least that’s the story I’m sticking to) if we’re in the market.

If that is the case they may not promote from within.
guessing the changes were on the defensive side, so they could still promote an offensive coach.. would be happy if they go outside the program, however, bring the OC and QB coach over to SU!

What would you expect from a guy named "Bronco?"

1638486156417.jpeg

He might stay if Beck moves up to be HC. Armstrong's future at UVa was the biggest mystery before "Why is Bronco leaving?" became #1.
Giants are scooping up Armstrong , Pretty much done deal :)

Other than recruiting area, how much better of a job is that than ours?

Sounds more like a mid-life crisis to me

"I would love to say there's been this buildup and a long amount of epiphanies and thought, but clearly this week there was a sense of clarity to me that I needed to step back from college football and reassess, renew, reframe and reinvent -- with my wife as a partner -- our future and the next chapter of our lives," he said. "I was requested to stay by our athletic director. I was requested to stay by our president. It's my decision only."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom