Broyld and Estime Out, Along With Foy and Morgan. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Broyld and Estime Out, Along With Foy and Morgan.

So banged up but huge oline, banged up wr group, young athletic QB, and an overflowing RB stable... can we at least consider running the triple option?

Curious if SU had a bye if they wouldn't have done something similar to that IO.

Curious if SU had a bye if they wouldn't have done something similar to that IO.

We've seen some option look with AJ already so it's there, at least to some degree. Speed option vs power/triple option we ran in the 90s but AJ QB/ AAM dive / PTG pitch man would be an interesting look. Sub II and run DMC for PTG as well to get them into to space on the edge where both have that one cut and go ability.

So banged up but huge oline, banged up wr group, young athletic QB, and an overflowing RB stable... can we at least consider running the triple option?

You need a lot of practice time to get even a decent handle on running the triple option, unless Syracuse has a month long bye thats not even a remote option. Not to mention the fact that Long is not exactly a physcial specimen at this point in his young career, you dont want him out there taking a beating running the triple option against elite Div 1 defenses. This isnt Syracuse circa 1997.

You need a lot of practice time to get even a decent handle on running the triple option, unless Syracuse has a month long bye thats not even a remote option. Not to mention the fact that Long is not exactly a physcial specimen at this point in his young career, you dont want him out there taking a beating running the triple option against elite Div 1 defenses. This isnt Syracuse circa 1997.

Oh how I wish it were...

We've seen some option look with AJ already so it's there, at least to some degree. Speed option vs power/triple option we ran in the 90s but AJ QB/ AAM dive / PTG pitch man would be an interesting look. Sub II and run DMC for PTG as well to get them into to space on the edge where both have that one cut and go ability.

The problem I have with that IO is that I'm not comfortable with the lines ability to seal the outside... that takes mobility and some speed (from linemen and rb's) and I don't think SU has that right now. Plus the depth at qb as well to take hits on pitches.

Lewis has dropped a couple, but he has made twice as many tough catches as any one else too.

Lewis is one of our few receivers who gets YAC in an offense that seems based on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom