Bubble Tracking -- Week from Feb 13 to Feb 19 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Tracking -- Week from Feb 13 to Feb 19

Wiscy definitely in for now... I would have to think Wich St's resume is just not good enough, they'll have to win that MVC tourney... I think GW is now out and Bonnies in... Alabama is getting very close... ugh A&M

I agree with most everything. I think the Bonnies still have some work to do. Alabama over them,

Wichita St doesn't deserve it as of now. As the MVC is an early tournament, if they lose, they will certainly be discussed a lot by the media during tourney week.

Wisconsin is now a NCAA tourney team. They have wins at SU/UMD, neutral over VCU and beat Michigan State/Indiana at home.

Look at Maryland's resume they are ranked 2nd and their 3 best wins. 1. Iowa-home, 2. UConn-MSG, 3. @Wisconsin.

They have such a thin resume right now should be a 4 seed if the committee looks at the numbers, Syracuse has better wins than Maryland right now. Now Maryland has the talent to win it all but they don't have the resume and are all eye test right now.

#2 in the Rankings and #6 in the Matrix, so there is certainly some people skeptical of them. With this loss they are probably not on top 2 lines anymore. But who moves up?

upload_2016-2-13_21-35-33.png

I thought Oregon was well positioned for a top 2 seed, but they have lost 2 in a row. Michigan St, certainly has the wins. West Virginia has a very similar resume to Maryland. So I guess Michigan St to the #2 line.

They are still top 10 on the s-curve.I think.

Texas Tech had a nice win today at Baylor, still on the outside I would think.

Certainly the area right around the bubble line strengthened today with 3 teams getting top 25/50 road wins:
Wisky at Maryland
Texas Tech at Baylor
Alabama at Florida.

I would think Florida is on thin ice now - have not looked closely at their whole body of work, but the losses are piling up and I don't think they have many good wins...

Quiet Day Today -- and unfortunately the matrix has not updated since Friday night so seeds out of date

upload_2016-2-14_14-57-27.png

#9 seed per matrix, but majority of new brackets posted Friday and today have us an 8 seed. Once next update is posted expect to be #8 seed, and off the bubble watch (for now)

upload_2016-2-14_15-0-27.png

Leading the AAC which is why they have so many "ins" on the Matrix -- still out as an at large but it would be nice for them to lose a few times.

upload_2016-2-14_15-1-34.png

Big game for FSU -- right on the bubble line.

Since we are not on a bubble seed as of today . I am thinking of following the 10 teams in front of us on the matrix next week instead.

In this weeks ESPN bubble watch article I SU moves from "work to do" to "should be in". He defines a lock as a team can lose out and still make it. SU not there yet.

In this weeks ESPN bubble watch article I SU moves from "work to do" to "should be in". He defines a lock as a team can lose out and still make it. SU not there yet.
That makes total sense. Hold serve at home, and win one of the three road games and we're are 21-10. Given the resulting RPI and Top 50 record, that would make us pretty much guarantee a berth. Thing is, now I'm getting greedy ;)

Since we are not on a bubble seed as of today . I am thinking of following the 10 teams in front of us on the matrix next week instead.
I like it

Quiet Day Today -- and unfortunately the matrix has not updated since Friday night so seeds out of date

View attachment 55517
#9 seed per matrix, but majority of new brackets posted Friday and today have us an 8 seed. Once next update is posted expect to be #8 seed, and off the bubble watch (for now)

View attachment 55518

Leading the AAC which is why they have so many "ins" on the Matrix -- still out as an at large but it would be nice for them to lose a few times.

View attachment 55519

Big game for FSU -- right on the bubble line.

I've done something right and morphed my girl into a huge Orange fan. We are going to dinner tonight... to a sports bar. We will be in Tallahassee for the road game, and she wants to scout FSU tonight.

Happy Valentine's Day to me!

Torn on who to root for tonight...we play fsu twice so that helps our rpi I guess if they win? But were still kinda fighting them for a spot as well ...could make that last game huge at fsu

How romantic! ;)

She had her chance at an intimate, romantic restaurant. I did not argue. A seamless transition into the Rangers/Flyers game, too. Go Blueshirts!

Temple is going to beat the Vile this week and punch their ticket! Or so I hope!!

Syracuse should start to worry about playing for a seed imo. If they keep playing like they have a the bubble will be an afterthought. 2-0 this week would be a grea! 1-1 and the ship should remain pretty steady. I still think a 4 seed could be play. The St. John's loss is really the only true blemish. And it's really ugly one...

Temple's problem is a so-so OOC perfmance and a mediocre AAC. Three straight missed tournaments will really put the pressure on well the liked Fran Dunphy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom