Buddy Boeheim: Signing 2-way with Pistons | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim: Signing 2-way with Pistons

The Buddy System – The Pistons wasted no time on draft night in agreeing with Syracuse sniper Buddy Boeheim on a two-way contract. That was a vote of confidence for a player who didn’t appear on most top 100 draft boards, but it speaks to the importance of the one elite tool Boeheim brings to the table: 3-point shooting.
Boeheim, whose relationship with Pistons general manager Troy Weaver and assistant GM and Cruise GM and president Rob Murphy goes back to their days as assistants to longtime Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim, Buddy’s dad, shot 36 percent over four years at Syracuse from the 3-point line while taking 56 percent of his shots from the arc against defenses dedicated to taking that shot away from him. He’ll have to show he can defend respectably and be able to make opponents pay for overaggressive closeouts to have a chance and the first hints of that ability will be of interest at Summer League.
I hope he has improved his passing.

I'm gonna try to make it to the game tonight, but might opt for Saturday instead. Will send pics if I finagle my way on to the court!
You’ll learn quickly that security around Las Vegas is full of a bunch of dudes making roughly 10 dollars an hour and don’t care about securing anything.

I was going to a Mets game in Syracuse last week and was accosted by a parking guy all because I didn’t drive the right way near their cones or something? I still don’t know why that one legged man was so angry. Then at Wegmans I got the business for waiting for my buddy to come out with something he had to run in for. This is all within a week.

Meanwhile in Vegas you can walk around anywhere if you look like you’re playing the part, “sir you can’t be back here” you turn and look at them all while not breaking pace and say “thank you” and keep walking.

You’ll learn quickly that security around Las Vegas is full of a bunch of dudes making roughly 10 dollars an hour and don’t care about securing anything.

I was going to a Mets game in Syracuse last week and was accosted by a parking guy all because I didn’t drive the right way near their cones or something? I still don’t know why that one legged man was so angry. Then at Wegmans I got the business for waiting for my buddy to come out with something he had to run in for. This is all within a week.

Meanwhile in Vegas you can walk around anywhere if you look like you’re playing the part, “sir you can’t be back here” you turn and look at them all while not breaking pace and say “thank you” and keep walking.
Game on

Lost 30lbs of straight muscle since my injury, I’ve gain 25 of straight fat. Loss of 5lbs total and gained 4 inches on my waistline. Lot of work to do in a few weeks when I’m 100% cleared lol
Sounds like you’re on top of it all and got a plan. Glad you’ll be back to 100% soon!

I was happy to hear it was a local institution’s pizza - which I don’t think I’ve ever had and now I want to try it.

Sounds like you’re on top of it all and got a plan. Glad you’ll be back to 100% soon!

I was happy to hear it was a local institution’s pizza - which I don’t think I’ve ever had and now I want to try it.
Going to go zero carb for 3 weeks, try and shed 40lbs in that time, then going to hit the gym like I used to. Should be great in 8 weeks or so.

First 2 defensive trips not so good for BB...
- had to switch and the guy he picked up scored
- came down to help and got called for a ticky-tack and-1 play.

First 2 defensive trips not so good for BB...
- had to switch and the guy he picked up scored
- came down to help and got called for a ticky-tack and-1 play.
The positive part is he recognized it. But the execution was poor. Ivey should’ve passed the ball to him when he clanked it off the left side of the basket when he was at the top of the key and buddy was wide open to his right. Outside of that I don’t think Buddys touched the ball.

Garza is lost and awful.

BB just picked up his 2nd foul and got subbed at 7:29 in the second quarter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom