Buddy Boeheim: Signing 2-way with Pistons | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim: Signing 2-way with Pistons

He is struggling with staying with the man defensively. He looses him at the end. I'm guessing it is hard to transition from 2-3 to man. He had a good screen and his fouls were kind of ticky tacky ones.

He is struggling with staying with the man defensively. He looses him at the end. I'm guessing it is hard to transition from 2-3 to man. He had a good screen and his fouls were kind of ticky tacky ones.
I didn’t think he did a bad job at all, the only guys I saw him have trouble with were guys he was rotating on from his teammates poor defense.

Looks just a tad bit slower than everyone else on the floor.

I didn’t think he did a bad job at all, the only guys I saw him have trouble with were guys he was rotating on from his teammates poor defense.
Maybe that is what I was seeing.

I would really look for how he does in Game 2 after he has had his first taste now.

I don't understand why the NBA with its limitless resources can't better subsidize the salaries of G-League players to provide a more livable income -- say $75,000 per year. The same goes with MLB with minor league players often living in border-line poverty.
They could. But you could say that about a lot of companies and their employees. The g-league guys don't generate much revenue, so they're probably viewed as an expense that they want to minimize.

I agree they could have a better salary, but I had a friend play a couple of stints in the g-league and during the season the players basically bear no living expenses on their own. Housing, meals, training, transportation etc. are all either per diem or covered by the team in different ways. He made more money playing overseas but he banked most of his g league money because all his income was discretionary.
That sounds like a decent gig for a while while a guy figures out a post basketball life.

I believe July is an open evaluation time for recruiting. I hope he’s recruiting in the area so he could make the game, otherwise he’s not doing his job.

I’ve been super hard on JB, but dude can’t go see his kids one night for their first summer league game?

Again, larger point of JB working hard on the recruiting trail. With you. But can’t carve out a night for his kids in this scenario?

Hard to tell much from any of these games. Teams carry a lot of guys - not our guy but I always liked McGusty's game for Miami. Will be interesting to see how he fits compared to our guys in the summer league for Detroit.

Hope so. Runway is getting shorter.

For sure. You really only get one mulligan if any in Summer League. Hopefully their faith in bringing him in affords that chance. If not the game of chasing begins and he will have to decide to chase the NBA or just look overseas for the near term.

Hard to tell much from any of these games. Teams carry a lot of guys - not our guy but I always liked McGusty's game for Miami. Will be interesting to see how he fits compared to our guys in the summer league for Detroit.
I'll answer... much better. He's a player.

Detroit brought there 2 best players which is unheard of for Summer League I know Bey and Cunningham didn't play but that franchise is treating this tournament like regular season.

Buddy is fine for next year but this is probably the worst team to be on in terms of open minutes/shots in the summer league.

Sort of shocked Detroit gave Buddy that two-way. After watching yesterday, the NBA looks like it’s not for him. Swider is like lightyears the better player. Buddy can’t get open in the NBA and can’t defend. Lost his guy a few times as well in his limited minutes. And looks small and slow. Really not trying to be pessimistic, but it doesn’t look promising for him

Wow, lots of harsh criticism on Buddy, I really don’t think he looked out of place at all.

Yeah I agree. It was game one. Also can't compare he and Cole as they defend and play different positions. Buddy is intelligent and has proven how he adapts since his time at Brewster growing up at SU and so forth.

Game 2 will however be really important for him ( provided he gets a fair shot and i think he will) but I would be shocked if there isn't a little progress. He is just too intelligent of a player.

Last edited:
Detroit brought there 2 best players which is unheard of for Summer League I know Bey and Cunningham didn't play but that franchise is treating this tournament like regular season.

Buddy is fine for next year but this is probably the worst team to be on in terms of open minutes/shots in the summer league.
Think it is not totally unheard of for young players like those two. OKC brought Josh Giddey for example.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom