Buddy suspended for Duke | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy suspended for Duke

So you think they lose tomorrows game 19x out of 20 but are outraged at the idiots who think they lose all 20?
I am so glad we both think they’re idiots.

FYI , most of my comments are silly. I have no idea what I’m talking about 90% of the time

Interesting- the big thing is if the ACC has the right to intervene then technically their decision is still within the rules. Arguing whether it is disproportionate or not is separate but still a one game suspension is a standard thing for a punch.

Also what if it was someone weaker than Duke we were playing? The fact it ends a career possibly is the circumstance of the SU team not something that the ACC had control of.

If the situation was reversed and we were waiting on Duke and it was Banchero who punched someone, we would be livid if he wasn't suspended.

To attack one of good people on this board MSOrange is just low class.
You really are lucky you didn’t get a timeout for that comment.
The evening is still young...

It's great to have Jay in your corner, but he has such a reputation of ruffling the feathers of administration, I wonder how many people even take him seriously on stuff like this.

He repeats himself several times in this and he has a few different points that don't relate.

The one that interests me is what he said about the game being over and it not being reviewable. Does SU have any chance to put in an emergency appeal on this? Assume they would have already done so.

So that's what CousCuse looks like behind that fighter helmet...
Gotta disagree with his “disproportionate” rationale. A one game suspension for a punch is not unreasonable. His parallels about stepping out of bounds, etc. — also not logical. This was an infraction of a different sort. A shot clock violation is one thing. Sure, you shouldn’t be able to revisit gameplay incidents and make changes retroactively. This was a matter of ‘violence’ and sportsmanship, and making a judgment now doesn’t affect the game outcome.

If this isn’t provided for in the rules, it should be. ‘Justice’ is being done. That’s what we should all want, not an escape because of a mistake or a loophole.

FNcgDkpXoAIlnCT

How about we refuse to take the court tomorrow.

What in God’s name is going on. Did she mean to write “most likely over”? Winning tomorrow wouldn’t even be in the top 10 upsets of the college season all year. I’m just dumbfounded at people thinking we’re playing the Bucks tomorrow. It’s about 5-7% that we win tomorrow. The “zero chance” people are embarrassing themselves.
0% chance we win tomorrow.

He infers that the refs did review the play, but couldn’t act upon it because they got there too late.

His point isn’t that Buddy shouldn’t be suspended, it’s that he’s being over suspended due to lack of competence of the crew and a somewhat arbitrary rule that you can’t go back to review the punch.

If the play is reviewed and acted upon, his punishment is equivalent to any other player who does the same (gone for the rest off the game and FTs).

But because the refs did not bother to investigate why a player was doubled over in pain…and once they realized what happened they could not act, the league steps in and Buddy ends up getting suspended for an entire game.

Those punishments aren’t equal…and in his mind, unfair.

The ACC could have come out and said, due to the circumstances of the game,Buddy should have been thrown out at that point…as such. we are suspending him for the first half of the next game.

Last edited:
The Sports Information Director. Show him the video from a phone and tell him I can't comment because I haven't reviewed the tape yet. This is Soo simple and easy. Yet there was probably no prep for the presser and he tried justifying it or whatever that was. It's embarrassing.
You really think Jim Boeheim is going to listen to Pete Moore?

Do you know Jim Boeheim? No disrespect at all to Pete Moore.

I am so glad we both think they’re idiots.

FYI , most of my comments are silly. I have no idea what I’m talking about 90% of the time
Lol. I don’t think they had a chance with buddy so I’m a special kind of idiot

He infers that the refs did review the play, but couldn’t act upon it because they got there too late.

His point isn’t that Buddy shouldn’t be suspended, it’s that he’s being over suspended due to lack of competence of the crew and a somewhat arbitrary rule that you can’t go back to review the punch.

If the play is reviewed and acted upon, his punishment is equivalent to any other player who does the same (gone for the rest off the game and FTs).

But because the refs did not bother to investigate why a player was doubled over in pain…and once they realized what happened they could not act, the league steps in and Buddy ends up getting suspended for an entire game.

The ACC could have come out and said, due to the circumstances of the game,Buddy should have been thrown out at that point…as such. we are suspending him for the first half of the next game.
I love the support. I also don’t think the ACC did anything wrong.

I “think” if they had given buddy a flagrant 2 and ejected him, the ACC could still give him an additional punishment such as a 1 game suspension but they don’t have too. Imo they probably wouldn’t have if he had been tossed.

Technically, buddy hit him with the inside of his fist. Not a punch.
Agree here. It looked like a "clothesline" sort of swing. Not a real punch but it was out in frustration and anger and hit the guy's solar plexus hard. Knocked the wind out of my dad when I was young play fighting, hit him in the same spot. We were all in shock for a second.

Well JB can always put four players on the floor, minus buddy.

"My team is on the floor"

Coach K will have no choice but to pull one player off his to make it a fair game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom