Buddy suspended for Duke | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy suspended for Duke

As if Daddyball isn't bad enuff, Boeheim's attempt to excuse his son's punch was embarrassing.

Call it a day with him at year end

If Buddy played I don't think this game would have been as competitive. For 3 reasons:

- Sy would only get spot minutes
- There would be no experimentation with the triangle and 2
- Offensive movement would have bogged down with iso ball on too many possessions

Will Manek be suspended for next game.? Same situation as Buddy except Manek retaliated with an elbow to the head instead a fist to the tummy

Will Manek be suspended for next game.? Same situation as Buddy except Manek retaliated with an elbow to the head instead a fist to the tummy

ACC vs NCAA

Completely different priorities

He won't be

They screwed up in our game by not reviewing it completely. Buddy should have been ejected.
refs went to the monitor a couple minutes later to look at something . i remember the announcers saying maybe they got a call from the league. refs watched something and then the game progressed. i sensed a shoe would drop but was thinking maybe first half next game. JB'S flip flop testimony post game did him no favors imo.

refs went to the monitor a couple minutes later to look at something . i remember the announcers saying maybe they got a call from the league. refs watched something and then the game progressed. i sensed a shoe would drop but was thinking maybe first half next game. JB'S flip flop testimony post game did him no favors imo.

JB didn’t impact anything. There had to be punishment. When the refs choked, the conference was left with no recourse.

Buddy should have used his head. First of all, you wait because the second guy usually gets caught by the official. Secondly don't hit him with a closed fist when there are cameras all over the place. There are plenty of ways to retaliate that are a little less obvious .

Buddy should have used his head. First of all, you wait because the second guy usually gets caught by the official. Secondly don't hit him with a closed fist when there are cameras all over the place. There are plenty of ways to retaliate that are a little less obvious .
Seriously grab and twist the guys nutsack during a 1 and 1 like a normal person for Pete’s sake

Probably. They could still suspend just like manek could still be suspended. But it wouldn’t happen.
What's the threshold tho? If it happened in the last minute and he misses one minute of play? Is that enough?
What about 10 minutes?

JB didn’t impact anything. There had to be punishment. When the refs choked, the conference was left with no recourse.
I’ve been thinking about this for weeks now and I’ve determined that because the refs missed it, the league should’ve suspended buddy for the first half. It doesn’t matter that there’s no precedent for only a half. They are they the sole judge and there is nothing that states you can’t suspend for a half. That would’ve been the appropriate punishment. It would’ve been outside the box for the league, but the whole situation was outside the box based on the refs not even looking at the replay when it happened.

I’ve been thinking about this for weeks now and I’ve determined that because the refs missed it, the league should’ve suspended buddy for the first half. It doesn’t matter that there’s no precedent for only a half. They are they the sole judge and there is nothing that states you can’t suspend for a half. That would’ve been the appropriate punishment. It would’ve been outside the box for the league, but the whole situation was outside the box based on the refs not even looking at the replay when it happened.
That would have been a great, fair way of working around the huge fail on the part of the lazy and incompetent crew that was supposed to be working the game.

Add in suspending Ted Valentine, Brian Dorsey and Mark Schnur for the rest of the season, and I think you cover all bases properly. When the refs screw up like this, there have to be ramifications. The refs need to care about doing a good job. Completely ignoring massive screwups like this sends a message that refs can do whatever they want.

One thing that cannot be debated. Refs cannot be allowed to do what they want. The more they are given free reign, the worse they will perform.

Last edited:
What's the threshold tho? If it happened in the last minute and he misses one minute of play? Is that enough?
What about 10 minutes?

Good question, to which I don’t know the answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom