Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

You Bills fans take this stuff way too hard. Their performance isn't a personal insult and not sure why fans should be embarrassed. It's a rival NFL road game, games like that happen.

When you haven't made the playoffs in nearly 20 years, have a career record of 5-29 against Brady with 2 of those wins coming when he was suspended and only played a half, lost dozens of games over that stretch in absolutely bizarre and heartbreaking fashion, and when you have started out like this (5-2) or better only to finish under .500 both times it happened in the last decade, don't be surprised that the fanbase isn't exactly pumped up after last night's debacle. The fact there are fans at all is a miracle. Buffalo's run the past twenty years makes Syracuse look like Alabama.

You Bills fans take this stuff way too hard. Their performance isn't a personal insult and not sure why fans should be embarrassed. It's a rival NFL road game, games like that happen.
Did you watch the game? Also, do you root for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 100 years?

Richie Incognito says after the game "Thursday Night Games are bull**** and completely unfair"

Ok... I'll give the team that. TNF is a joke and the play on the field is typically pretty poor compared Sunday/Monday games.

That being said. They played epically bad. It wasn't just a loss, it was an utter embarrassment on every level. I've never seen a team so unprepared to play a football game in my life.

You want to say TNF is "bull***"? Ok... We better see much different team next Sunday or all this "culture change" and "the process" talk can shut up until next season and we can go back to what everyone thought they were... the same old Bills.

The Bills were a complete joke last night, but I think you forgot about the Dolphins just one week ago when they were utterly embarassed by Baltimore. Lost 40-0 and had 250 yards of total offense. They looked every bit as unprepared as the Bills last night, if not more.

No, Leodis McKelvin coming out of the end zone and fumbling on MNF in 2008 against the Patriots was a personal insult...and that's just the first example I could think of.

As JeremyCuse said, 20 years of this BS have a tendency to wear you out..

Its one thing to lose a close game a la the Cincy and Carolina games but that was as you noted an absolute embarrassment for 3+ quarters. Team needs to make major moves over the following 9 days before the Saints game.

Need to sign a legit RB to be the #2 guy with Jones probably out for the year and the Tolbert experience finally getting exposed. Blitz packages need to be worked on, zero pressure on McCown last night and Shaq Lawson looks awful.

Get the right side of the O line worked out. Get Miller back in there plus Groy and or Sentreal. Really hope this team responds and were not looking at 2011 again where we will be 5-6 in a few weeks.
Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?

Its one thing to lose a close game a la the Cincy and Carolina games but that was as you noted an absolute embarrassment for 3+ quarters. Team needs to make major moves over the following 9 days before the Saints game.

Need to sign a legit RB to be the #2 guy with Jones probably out for the year and the Tolbert experience finally getting exposed. Blitz packages need to be worked on, zero pressure on McCown last night and Shaq Lawson looks awful.

Get the right side of the O line worked out. Get Miller back in there plus Groy and or Sentreal. Really hope this team responds and were not looking at 2011 again where we will be 5-6 in a few weeks.
There should be RBs a plenty sitting at home watching Tolbert going - really?

Bills fans you guys are okay.
It was a tough night but the Jets aren’t a dumpster fire. They are a 6 win team.
To win the AFC East you guys had to go atleast 12-4.

The AFC playoff situation is pretty easy now with Houston out.

The West is Kansas City
The North is Pittsburgh
The East is New England
The South is Jacksonville or Tennessee.

Wildcard looks good for Buffalo as the Raiders and Broncos are 1 game behind and lose the head to head which makes it a 2 game lead.

Cincinnati, Chargers and Baltimore will lose stupid games and are 8-8 teams.

Miami is a house of cards.

I think the Bills will finish 9-7 or 10-6 and be a wild card.

Taylor is having a good year.

Bills fans need to chill out. Your team is "good" this year. Good not "GREAT" and they are far from great (like most of the NFL.) There are only about 4 or 5 "GREAT" teams in this league and the Bills aren't close to being one of them.

Bills fans need to...

1) Just wait for the Jets season to fall apart (it will they have a touch schedule from here on out) and the wheels to come off their season
2) Hope Miami's offense never gets on track this year
3) Hope Miami beats Oakland on Sunday cause at 3-6 the Raiders season is pretty much over as they would have to run the table to get to 10 wins (not happening)
4) Hope Pittsburgh beats up on Cincy and Baltimore and puts a bunch of loses on them
5) Hope the Denver QB situation keeps getting worse (it will, don't worry about that)
6) Houston's season is over so just hope the loser of the AFC South between Tenn and Jax is at like 8-8 (which is likely)

The Bills are NOT a team in 2017 that should go into a game saying "we should have an easy win this week".....they aren't THAT good. They are a hot mess just like the rest of the AFC minus KC and Pitt (throw NE in but there defense is a hot mess in reality.)

The AFC Wild Card will go down to the final week and probably tiebreakers and a bunch of teams may be left in the mix. All of these teams in the hunt for those 2 spots are generally the same. Each have some strengths, each have many weakensses and you never know which team you will see week to week.

Good Grief relax... it was a brutal watch but it's only 1 game. Not one of you expected to be sitting at 5-3 at this point.

Flush it and move on to New Orleans in 10 days.

Good Grief relax... it was a brutal watch but it's only 1 game. Not one of you expected to be sitting at 5-3 at this point.

Flush it and move on to New Orleans in 10 days.

The problem is, the Bills will most likely only be favored in, at most, 3 of their remaining 8 games. Right now, I'm going to chalk up 3 guaranteed losses to KC and NE (twice). That puts the ceiling at 10-6, and we all know that the Bills will not win all 5 of NO, LA, MIA (2) and Indy. This loss was a HUGE blow to their wildcard chances, and I foresee another 8-8 season of mediocrity and missed playoffs.

The problem is, the Bills will most likely only be favored in, at most, 3 of their remaining 8 games. Right now, I'm going to chalk up 3 guaranteed losses to KC and NE (twice). That puts the ceiling at 10-6, and we all know that the Bills will not win all 5 of NO, LA, MIA (2) and Indy. This loss was a HUGE blow to their wildcard chances, and I foresee another 8-8 season of mediocrity and missed playoffs.

Don't do it to yourself man. Playing the we can win this one but not this one. Just because they are not favored does not mean they won't win.

Did you think we would beat Denver and Atlanta? I'm guessing no as did most. Every game on the schedule in winnable. We need to take at least 2 division games between Pats and Phins.

8-8 would still be way better than the Bills were predicted to finish. I'm going 9-7 or 10-6. Every game on teh schedule is winnable.

Don't do it to yourself man. Playing the we can win this one but not this one. Just because they are not favored does not mean they won't win.

Did you think we would beat Denver and Atlanta? I'm guessing no as did most. Every game on the schedule in winnable. We need to take at least 2 division games between Pats and Phins.

8-8 would still be way better than the Bills were predicted to finish. I'm going 9-7 or 10-6. Every game on teh schedule is winnable.

I didn't think we'd win those two, but both Atlanta and Denver have proven to be frauds. At the halfway point, KC and NE are at the top of the AFC again. We will not beat them. However, I'll be happy to eat crow if we pull an upset.

I'm worried about our lines moving forward. 5-3 but with two glaring weaknesses exposed last night is what has the excitement sucked out of me.

Our turnovers forced has masked how awful our pass rush is. It's comically bad with the front 4 and we rarely blitz.

Until we're not bizarrely infatuated with Ducasse and Mills, the right side of the line will be on dumpster fire lookout when we play hungry, talented defenses.

Can't win too much in this league when your lines are a bunch of little boys playing a mans game. Unless Shaq Lawson figures out how to be a good pass rusher and Jerry Hughes stops playing like Aaron Maybin, I'm going to be worried about this. Nevermind that our DT situation is wildly mediocre.

I'm worried about our lines moving forward. 5-3 but with two glaring weaknesses exposed last night is what has the excitement sucked out of me.

Our turnovers forced has masked how awful our pass rush is. It's comically bad with the front 4 and we rarely blitz.

Until we're not bizarrely infatuated with Ducasse and Mills, the right side of the line will be on dumpster fire lookout when we play hungry, talented defenses.

Can't win too much in this league when your lines are a bunch of little boys playing a mans game. Unless Shaq Lawson figures out how to be a good pass rusher and Jerry Hughes stops playing like Aaron Maybin, I'm going to be worried about this. Nevermind that our DT situation is wildly mediocre.

I totally agree that Frasier needs to dial up more blitzes. Hughes had the dumb standard Jerry Hughes personal foul last night too. Our DT situation is fine. I would like to see alot more blitzes.

Bills are two different teams really, one at home and one on the road. The big games are the winnable road games which none will be easy ( LA and Miami) ( KC and NE are losses) and have to try and defend the home turf. I still see 10-6 very attainable. Thursday night games are garbage and always will be. Tough on the road team especially. Miami lost 40-0 last week.

Put a line through it and move on. 10 days will be good

I guess if you want to keep the faith you have to go "stupid Thursday = Mulligan". But ya it is really a bad sign that they got whipped on both sides of the line by a team who isn't even good in the trenches. Even the turnovers are a bit misleading because they were only -1 when it was 24-7.

After attending last year's Baltimore gem & this one I guess I will be avoiding Bills road games for a while. 7 non-garbage time points in each game. Nice.

I didn't think we'd win those two, but both Atlanta and Denver have proven to be frauds. At the halfway point, KC and NE are at the top of the AFC again. We will not beat them. However, I'll be happy to eat crow if we pull an upset.

The beauty and curse of this NFL season is that there isn't a single great team IMO. The Patriots look more beatable this year than they have in pretty much the past decade and after a hot start, Kansas City has looked very beatable these last 3 or 4 weeks and those are probably 2 of the best 3 or 4 teams in the NFL this year. Buffalo is good enough to beat either of them, but the rest of the league is also good enough that Buffalo could lose to any of these remaining teams.

I think 4-3 down the stretch here gets them into the playoffs, so we'll see what happens.

I feel like a Thursday game on the road is probably the most likely type of game to lay an egg.

Thursday football is nuts. 3 days in between games. Lol. Ridiculous.

Weeks 1,2,3,5,6 the road team has won on Thursday night. Throw out Week 1 as they had full rest going into that game and the road team has won just as much Thursday night this year as the home team. And honestly, if the Raiders didn't have that miracle win as time expired vs KC then add another road team who would have won on Thursday night.

The road team Thursday night excuse doesn't have the facts to back it up. Buffalo and the Jets are two even and equal teams and the Jets had a better week this week. Period. End of story.

Weeks 1,2,3,5,6 the road team has won on Thursday night. Throw out Week 1 as they had full rest going into that game and the road team has won just as much Thursday night this year as the home team. And honestly, if the Raiders didn't have that miracle win as time expired vs KC then add another road team who would have won on Thursday night.

The road team Thursday night excuse doesn't have the facts to back it up. Buffalo and the Jets are two even and equal teams and the Jets had a better week this week. Period. End of story.

“Period” AND “End of story”? Wow. Well, then.

You have to take into account that a legit “good” team has been the road winner in some of those: Philly, NE, KC...and also that a legit bad team in SF was a home loser in one of them.

Also, now we’re getting into the midpoint of the season where fatigue and being beat up really starts taking a larger effect.

When you haven't made the playoffs in nearly 20 years, have a career record of 5-29 against Brady with 2 of those wins coming when he was suspended and only played a half, lost dozens of games over that stretch in absolutely bizarre and heartbreaking fashion, and when you have started out like this (5-2) or better only to finish under .500 both times it happened in the last decade, don't be surprised that the fanbase isn't exactly pumped up after last night's debacle. The fact there are fans at all is a miracle. Buffalo's run the past twenty years makes Syracuse look like Alabama.

As a Jets fan (I've known this kind of pain also - the last game of 2015 ring a bell?), I still admire and feel for you Bills fans, who are as durable a fan base as there is. And it remains today, at least to me, one of the great disappointments of the NFL that Buffalo didn't win at least one Super Bowl during that run of four consecutive appearances, with one of the greatest constellations of talent ever assembled. I still marvel at the talent on those teams. And I loved Jim Kelly like my own son. For what it's worth, the Thursday night game was less about the Jets playing up than it was the Bills playing down. You still have better upside and your remaining schedule is much more favorable than NYJ's, and I expect you guys to right the ship after this and still make the playoffs. And I'd get drunk for two days straight if you beat NE out then. :D

As a Jets fan (I've known this kind of pain also - the last game of 2015 ring a bell?), I still admire and feel for you Bills fans, who are as durable a fan base as there is. And it remains today, at least to me, one of the great disappointments of the NFL that Buffalo didn't win at least one Super Bowl during that run of four consecutive appearances, with one of the greatest constellations of talent ever assembled. I still marvel at the talent on those teams. And I loved Jim Kelly like my own son. For what it's worth, the Thursday night game was less about the Jets playing up than it was the Bills playing down. You still have better upside and your remaining schedule is much more favorable than NYJ's, and I expect you guys to right the ship after this and still make the playoffs. And I'd get drunk for two days straight if you beat NE out then. :D

Id give a lot for Buffalo to beat NE straight up this year. Appreciate the words, been a long 18 years.

New week, Saints on a 6 game win streak, with a defense playing better than they have in a long time, along with their offense which is business as usual. Not going to be easy but the bills need to try and right the ship here and they need to do it everywhere. Not an easy task, happy that McDermott should be pretty familiar with them from his time in Carolina. Tough game, looking at schedule and considering how poorly they have played on the road, this is a big one

Tough few days for the Cuse/ Bills contingent

Tough couple decades. I always like the Bills in these non-conf. home games. I haven't seen much of the Saints but supposedly Marshon Lattimore is great already & Cameron Jordan is now really good too. I will say though [I know, it's one play] one TD they gave up to Golden Tate was the single worst display of tackling I have ever seen at any level.