Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

Tyrod with a QB rating of 35.

Bad day for me to forget to switch out my QBs. I started Tyrod last week when Roethlisberger was on bye. But Ben is hardly tearing it up. He just a few minutes ago managed to take the lead in points.

Bills still look good got the playoffs IMO.
The AFC is trash.

I can’t find 6 playoff teams.
Patriots/Steelers/Chiefs/Titans.
Then Jags/Bills/Raiders/Dolphins/ Broncos/Ravens.

The AFC is trash.

The Bills suck

The AFC is trash.

It's not about standings - this team has gotten their ass handed to them in 2 consecutive weeks. Both sides of the ball manhandled without a shred of competitiveness.

This team couldn't beat anyone playing like this.

The AFC is trash.

Bilks will win one more game, there done. I have seen this movie way to many times before, they have zero chance of making the playoffs.

To win a title (or reach the playoffs) one has to be able to regularly complete 15-18 yard passes downfield.

To win a title (or reach the playoffs) one has to be able to regularly complete 15-18 yard passes downfield.

I mean I agree that Tyrod isn’t great, but the defense was giving up ten yard runs every play. It was a complete domination at the LOS.

I mean I agree that Tyrod isn’t great, but the defense was giving up ten yard runs every play. It was a complete domination at the LOS.
It is rare to see run gashing like that in the NFL.

The Saints ran the ball 22 plays in a row.
I said before the Bills DL just gave up. That 10 play 80 yard drive where the Saints got first down run after first down run was pure dominance.

- two of their top three receivers out
- oline really hasn't been good all year, the right side has been a disaster in fact and Glenn was out
- no backup RB of note
- their QB gets way too scared at times to push the ball downfield and he he holds on to the ball way too long for as bad as the oline is
- the dline has been getting ZERO pressure on the QB

Is anyone actually surprised at this outcome? The run D has been the one bright spot so far this year and it looks like other teams have solved that.. not sure what's changed. Its not Dareus either... he's a fat blob who had very little impact on the game.

This team is what we thought it was... completely lacking in depth and top end talent. It looks like other teams have caught on to their weaknesses and talent isn't there to fix it.

- two of their top three receivers out
- oline really hasn't been good all year, the right side has been a disaster in fact and Glenn was out
- no backup RB of note
- their QB gets way too scared at times to push the ball downfield and he he holds on to the ball way too long for as bad as the oline is
- the dline has been getting ZERO pressure on the QB

Is anyone actually surprised at this outcome? The run D has been the one bright spot so far this year and it looks like other teams have solved that.. not sure what's changed. Its not Dareus either... he's a fat blob who had very little impact on the game.

This team is what we thought it was... completely lacking in depth and top end talent. It looks like other teams have caught on to their weaknesses and talent isn't there to fix it.
I'm a bit surprised. At 5-2 we could tackle, didn't commit stupid penalties, could stop the run and looked like a competent football team.

This, these past 2 weeks is not a football team. It's a dumpster fire that body snatched the Buffalo Bills. You can be not good and lose, the Browns do that. This is epic blowouts in which we can't do anything on either side of the ball and have the discipline of a Rex Ryan coached team. It's bizarre.

I'm a bit surprised. At 5-2 we could tackle, didn't commit stupid penalties, could stop the run and looked like a competent football team.

This, these past 2 weeks is not a football team. It's a dumpster fire that body snatched the Buffalo Bills. You can be not good and lose, the Browns do that. This is epic blowouts in which we can't do anything on either side of the ball and have the discipline of a Rex Ryan coached team. It's bizarre.

All fair, but only point I'd disagree with is the discipline...

It just wasn't a fairly called game, and I don't mean to say it affected the outcome, but Bills grab a facemask in the pile, 15 yards...they tackle McCoy by the facemask out in the open in the backfield with two officials right there, no call. You can extrapolate that across the various calls -- illegal man downfield on a screen pass was the wrong call, but the good news is they also called a BS holding penalty for good measure so it wasn't noticed.

I would like to know what the referees' ear-pieces are there for? They still run up to each other and talk to each other...maybe they should be more communicative...for example, right after they botched two calls including that facemask they followed it up with a bad holding call. This was when the game was still in doubt...so first down at mid-field down two TDs becomes 2nd and 35 at your own 10, literally just because of 4 bad flags from the officials (one of which was a non-flag on the facemask).

Major problems on this team, no doubt, but footballs are narratives, and let's say they get points on that drive and it's 17-6 or 17-10, then maybe the team doesn't quit.

There shouldn't be excuses, but when there receviers are grabbing your guy on the edge and turning 5 yard losses into TDs, then it impacts the game. The arbitrary nature of these calls makes it hard to say discipline: our guy faceguarded and arrived early in the End Zone -- bad defense PI ball at the one. Their guy never turns and is slapping our guy 35 yards downfield, got there 1.5 seconds too early and never saw the ball -- "Good Defense" says Ronde Barber! Okaaaayyyyy...he also correctly called that hold on the edge with the receiver but then changed his mind when the producer form the NFL spoke in his ear about the agenda.

Doesn't change the Bills didn't play or coach well and the roster is still missing some key components. But the discipline doesn't just come/go...there is a variable there.