Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

After listening to some draft geeks lately, I am starting to warm up to Josh Allen. The guy doesn't seem to have as low of a floor as I thought and his ceiling is sky high.

Also, how many defensive ends are we going to have on this roster?

Whoever they trade up for, I’m just going to trust the process.

Hoping Darnold goes 1 - so we have the chance to see who McBeane had one and/or two on our board.

Oh and also so we can finally get a freaking franchise QB. It’s only been 20+ years.

Whoever they trade up for, I’m just going to trust the process.

Hoping Darnold goes 1 - so we have the chance to see who McBeane had one and/or two on our board.

Oh and also so we can finally get a freaking franchise QB. It’s only been 20+ years.
The 5 years between Simms and Kerry Collins, felt like 20+ years.

I can only imagine...

Todd Collins
Flutie
Rob Johnson
Alex Van Pelt
Drew Bledsoe
JP Losman
Kelly Holcomb
Trent Edwards
Fitz
EJ Manuel
Kyle Orton
Tyrod

With a side of some things called Thad, Tuel, and Peterman...

Dear God it’s time!
In my best Dick Enberg, but for the wrong reason..’Oh my...’

Giants had the failed Hoss experiment, then...

Dave Brown
Kent Graham
Danny Kannel*

and a side off Tommy Maddox.

Before Hall of Good** Kerry Collins

*he did win NFC East and go to playoffs
** the order is:
-HOF
-Borderline HOF
-Hall of Very Good
-Hall of Good

Well crap, I think we all knew he didn't have many seasons left but our o-line is being decimated now with the surprise losses of Wood and now Richie.

Per PFT for the right price he will play this year, don't be suprised if they work something out.

per Incognito, there is absolutely no chance that he comes back to the NFL and he says it has nothing at all to do with the contract

This roster is so unbelievably bad for what was a playoff team a year ago. I wouldn't wish this situation upon my least favorite QB in the class.

per Incognito, there is absolutely no chance that he comes back to the NFL and he says it has nothing at all to do with the contract

Peter King is reporting Incognito is in contact with the Bills and may play for the right price

Peter King is reporting Incognito is in contact with the Bills and may play for the right price

That report was before Carucci talked to Incognito though

Edit: from two minutes ago:

Last edited:
Incognito going to turn 35 this summer. Thought he was a couple years younger.

This roster is so unbelievably bad for what was a playoff team a year ago. I wouldn't wish this situation upon my least favorite QB in the class.

“Unbelievably bad”

Gonna have to disagree with this assessment of the Bills roster

“Unbelievably bad”

Gonna have to disagree with this assessment of the Bills roster

I don't know how you can disagree that it's unbelievably bad relative to playoff teams. On paper, I'm not sure there's a worse offensive situation in the league. Defensively, the secondary should be very good once again, but the LB position in particular is basically completely neglected and I'm not sure the D-Line is much better than it was a year ago. I think as currently constructed, they're more likely to pick in the top 5 next year than to make the playoffs.

It's not "unbelievably bad".

We have one of the top secondaries in the NFL.

We bolstered our D-Line and that looks to be a strength now.

Linebacker is Milano and depth but I'll give them time because they clearly have a plan and won't be going into the season with one starter and some backups.

Our Offensive Line is definitely worrisome. Basically we have Dion Dawkins and then question marks.

I like AJ McCarron as a temporary starter with an opportunity to win the job or backup QB.

McCoy, Benjamin, Zay and Clay are the playmakers. Not great but I'd also like to see what we can do with a QB who will actually throw the ball.

With the Richie news, I would probably cap my offer to move up at 3-1sts (12/22 and '19 1st). We need those second and third rounders to grab O-Line/LB/TE/WR starters, which will all be available in those rounds. Then take a RB in the 4th and depth in later rounds.

Based on the Incognito news I think Buffalo has to almost hold tight at this point and look to take Lamar Jackson at 12 or maybe move up a few picks if one of the other QBs falls for some reason to say 8 or so. As LIC and a few others noted above it makes no sense to pay at ton to move up to get Darnold or Allen or Mayfield and then have 2 picks the rest of the draft to plug a half dozen holse. Buffalo now needs at least one if not two O linemen, a LB, a WR, and a CB and probably a young DE or DT. Buffalo has enough at TE to wait one more year and if really pressed could probably hold off at RB though I would rather grab someone in the later rounds despite the fact that I like the Cadet signing . If Buffalo does stay put at 12 it might make sense assuming someone we really covet isn' t there at 22 to maybe trade back to pick up say maybe another 1st next year or maybe say a 2nd and a 4th to add to our stockpile of picks.

Based on the Incognito news I think Buffalo has to almost hold tight at this point and look to take Lamar Jackson at 12 or maybe move up a few picks if one of the other QBs falls for some reason to say 8 or so. As LIC and a few others noted above it makes no sense to pay at ton to move up to get Darnold or Allen or Mayfield and then have 2 picks the rest of the draft to plug a half dozen holse. Buffalo now needs at least one if not two O linemen, a LB, a WR, and a CB and probably a young DE or DT. Buffalo has enough at TE to wait one more year and if really pressed could probably hold off at RB though I would rather grab someone in the later rounds despite the fact that I like the Cadet signing . If Buffalo does stay put at 12 it might make sense assuming someone we really covet isn' t there at 22 to maybe trade back to pick up say maybe another 1st next year or maybe say a 2nd and a 4th to add to our stockpile of picks.
I don't think they're worried about plugging holes though. They knew this was a "process". This year we have draft capital and next year massive cap space.

The defense should be big time, assuming they get some adequate starters alongside Milano at LB. Prob can up the offer to Dansby now that we have some cap space opened up from Incognito.

Definitely need to draft some O-Line help. We have a lot of bodies but not exactly any proven commodities. Frank Ragnow in the 2nd is a guy that makes a ton of sense if they inexplicably choose not to start Groy at Center again.

They'll put a competitive product on the field but won't hold onto picks if they covet a QB. Similar to last year, we will roll with what we have and let the chips fall where they may. Then, the final step will be the '19 offseason where we can make it rain.

John Elway is the key to your draft and those picks.

The 2 1s and a 2, might get u to 5, even throwing in next years 1 likely wouldn’t get u to 2.

That said, if John decides he wants a QB, and if reports are true (it’s my feeling they are) and the Giants only want Darnold and if the Browns take him...Gettleman picks up the phone when Elway calls to jump the jets.

Giants will go to 5 with this years 2nd and next years 1 and be happy with likely either Chubb or Nelson as the browns will take Barkley.

At that point top 3 QBs are gone and you are getting scraps.

If the scraps are Mayfield, you guys should be happy though. It’s not the ideal field and conditions for him, but I think his attitude fits like a broken table at a Bills mafia tailgate.

I don't think they're worried about plugging holes though. They knew this was a "process". This year we have draft capital and next year massive cap space.

The defense should be big time, assuming they get some adequate starters alongside Milano at LB. Prob can up the offer to Dansby now that we have some cap space opened up from Incognito.

Definitely need to draft some O-Line help. We have a lot of bodies but not exactly any proven commodities. Frank Ragnow in the 2nd is a guy that makes a ton of sense if they inexplicably choose not to start Groy at Center again.

They'll put a competitive product on the field but won't hold onto picks if they covet a QB. Similar to last year, we will roll with what we have and let the chips fall where they may. Then, the final step will be the '19 offseason where we can make it rain.

I agree about the Defense, assuming we can get a veteran like Dansby and then a young guy or two in the draft I think we will be OK. Secondary assuming good health look to be in pretty good shape. White, Davis and P. Gaines are a good trio as I think Gaines from KC really needed a change in scenery. Safety should again be good as Bush adds a nice depth piece.

Offensively I think its a bigger concern. The Bills schedule again looks pretty brutal and were going to need to get more out of everyone with Tryod's scramble ability now gone. Having a guy like Miller get back to a decent performance will help as he has been in the league a few years and started two years ago. Groy could probably play Guard and Bodine start at Center but then your depth is all but gone and the reviews on Bodine from the Cincy fanbase has not been good. I think Buffalo would be well served to get a Veteran Guard in here if at all possible to take Richie's spot so that Groy and Bodine can battle for the starting Center spot and Groy can be a swing guy if anyone gets hurt. I think Buffalo also has to draft a young guard or tackle by the 3rd round at the latest. I think they will still put a competitive team on the field like you noted but its getting harder to see how they don't take a step back from the team that got into the playoffs without at least a couple of roster upgrades.

I agree about the Defense, assuming we can get a veteran like Dansby and then a young guy or two in the draft I think we will be OK. Secondary assuming good health look to be in pretty good shape. White, Davis and P. Gaines are a good trio as I think Gaines from KC really needed a change in scenery. Safety should again be good as Bush adds a nice depth piece.

Offensively I think its a bigger concern. The Bills schedule again looks pretty brutal and were going to need to get more out of everyone with Tryod's scramble ability now gone. Having a guy like Miller get back to a decent performance will help as he has been in the league a few years and started two years ago. Groy could probably play Guard and Bodine start at Center but then your depth is all but gone and the reviews on Bodine from the Cincy fanbase has not been good. I think Buffalo would be well served to get a Veteran Guard in here if at all possible to take Richie's spot so that Groy and Bodine can battle for the starting Center spot and Groy can be a swing guy if anyone gets hurt. I think Buffalo also has to draft a young guard or tackle by the 3rd round at the latest. I think they will still put a competitive team on the field like you noted but its getting harder to see how they don't take a step back from the team that got into the playoffs without at least a couple of roster upgrades.
It's so hard to project into next year because Tyrod hurt the O-Line by not throwing the ball and then helped the O-Line with his scrambling. I have no idea what our offense will look like with an actual passing QB.

I don't know how you can disagree that it's unbelievably bad relative to playoff teams. On paper, I'm not sure there's a worse offensive situation in the league. Defensively, the secondary should be very good once again, but the LB position in particular is basically completely neglected and I'm not sure the D-Line is much better than it was a year ago. I think as currently constructed, they're more likely to pick in the top 5 next year than to make the playoffs.

Would love to make a bet with you on that picking in the top 5 statement...

Lotulelei and Murphy are huge pick ups on the D-line. We will be much much better there than last year. Not sure how you could think otherwise.

Shady, Benjamin, and Clay are significant playmakers. Shady is a force - still playing like a HOF’er. Benjamin and Clay were both hurt last year, hopefully they come back healthier and enjoy having a quarterback that makes his reads and actually throws the ball. Zay will make a big year 2 leap imo.

The o-line took a big hit today for sure but Dawkins, Groy, Bodine, Miller, Mills is an average NFL line. Dawkins very well could be a star. I would expect us to draft early here tho.

Linebacker is the most troubling area to me. I like Milano’s potential, but he’s still young and inexperienced. We lose Brown - who is no star, but is heady and mostly solid. I think we draft early here as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom