Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

NY Post
"To drop from No. 2 to No. 12, the Giants should get 1,400 points of value. That could be accomplished if the Bills send their second first-round pick (22nd overall, worth 780 points) and their two second-round picks (53rd overall, worth 370 points, and 56th overall, worth 340 points) to the Giants. That adds up to 1,490 points and represents fair value. The Bills most likely would stipulate one of the second-round picks would be in 2019."

The post can petulance whatever it wants, but in the top 3-5 picks the value chart goes out the window, and when the move is for a QB? It’s even more expensive, especially now that the Jets own #3, it will cost the Bills way more than that to move up to #2

The post can petulance whatever it wants, but in the top 3-5 picks the value chart goes out the window, and when the move is for a QB? It’s even more expensive, especially now that the Jets own #3, it will cost the Bills way more than that to move up to #2
Dilly Dilly.

That's been my point from the get go.

The chart works when you think you're getting Charles Woodson, when you think you're getting Peyton or even Eli Manning...it's a starting point.

There must be pain.

I'm guessing that Cleveland, Buffalo, and the Jets all have Darnold and Allen as their top 2 QBs. Perhaps Buffalo is content with Lamar at 12; hard to say.

Interesting... Maybe we don't move up. Are we all overvaluing the QB's (more than usual) because we finally have (or had) ammo to get into the Top 5?

Darnold has a 7.0 grade but after him Rosen, Mayfield, Allen and Jackson are all graded about the same.

Lots of good QB prospects but maybe not the elite prospect you trade your entire Draft for after Darnold.

If I was Beane, I sit at 12 and see how the Draft unfolds. If any of the Top 5 are there at 12, we stay put. If we feel we need to trade up, we do so, but I don't see any reason we should give up our entire draft to the Giants for pick #2, unless we're absolutely obsessed with the QB that Cleveland isn't taking at #1.

IMG_1442.jpg

Last edited:
Dan Patrick reported that Bills are talking to Browns about the #1 or #4. I don't really want the Bills to trade up but I think they will. Love where they are right now.

Dan Patrick reported that Bills are talking to Browns about the #1 or #4. I don't really want the Bills to trade up but I think they will. Love where they are right now.
I think one needs to look at this as 2018 being Year 2 in a 3-4 year plan. This year they grab a QB if they really like one - and give up a ton of picks (hopefully some being from the 2019 draft). That would leave some holes for sure this year. 2019 and 2020 could be the years the front office is really targeting given the massive cap space they will have next year and 1-2 years experience in the league for the QB. But they gotta love the QB.

To me the improvements the picks could offer in other areas out weigh what they get in these qbs.

To me the improvements the picks could offer in other areas out weigh what they get in these qbs.

Agree 100%. I still would like them to try and get a QB but with the draft set up that they have now. That said, I still think they make a move to move up even further and take a QB but we shall see maybe they like a QB out of the big 4.

Maybe AJ can be solid. Either draft a QB where you are or pick up one more vet like Matt Moore who has worked with the bills new OC before, certainly not sexiest pick up but the bills could really bolster their roster in many places with all these picks

Any top third QBs who will be free agents next season?

Any top third QBs who will be free agents next season?

Matt Ryan technically, but I think it's assumed that the Falcons will give him a new contract. Cleveland recently got a new QB that's slated to become a free agent as well.

Can the Bills be working AJ with some receivers to better see what they've got - or is that against the CBA?

Sign an OT
Ahh yes, the old man revolving door who couldn’t run block either.

After the Giants cut him, I thought he was out of football.

Can’t believe he’s still in the league.

Good Luck!!

Uh...

Place looks like a damn murder scene. Hope he's ok. Drugs, mental health?.. Scary stuff.

TMZ

Last edited:
Uh...

Place looks like a damn murder scene. Hope he's ok. Drugs, mental health?.. Scary stuff.

TMZ

That's one of the reasons I really liked the kid in addition to his talent - he seemed like a great character kid from everything I read. I don't even know what to think about this deal.

There's no one on earth that can save him

Not even Shady

I think my Zay’s gone crazy

No but seriously... synthetic weed is bad mmkay

If Buffalo wasn’t already planning to replace him, they should be now. There’s no reason he should enter the season as more than the #4 WR.

And I hope that whatever is going on with him, he gets better. Always seemed like a nice kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom