Butch Davis - Discuss | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Butch Davis - Discuss

Guys, guys, guys. Look at Syverud. Now look at Coyle.

You think either of them are going to hire a Pelini, Ogeron or Butch Davis type?

No.

They will want a winner, but on their terms. No hint of baggage.

And just a reminder, there no guarantee a change is being made this year
If SS is the HC next year then SU doesn't care about FB and the administration better be ready for little to nobody going to games next year.

The man is not a HC and if the administration doesn't see that I will lose a lot of confidence in Syverud and Coyle.

Isn't there a lot of baggage there?
Yes! And coming off our current issues on the basketball side of the house no way would Syracuse consider

If SS is the HC next year then SU doesn't care about FB and the administration better be ready for little to nobody going to games next year.

The man is not a HC and if the administration doesn't see that I will lose a lot of confidence in Syverud and Coyle.
Silly hyperbole. It's a two-way street, which I think you know. Reading all your posts, it appears you want change for change's sake. And that's fine, just own it. If SU didn't care about FB, they would have dropped it long ago. We had the BE, the best hoops conference ever (at the time).

But what if Coyle can't get anyone who he thinks is the answer? Seriously. What if that is the case? Should he just kick the can down the road and hire someone he doesn't believe can take us out of the quagmire we are in? Should he really make a change and then have to do the same thing in 2-3 years? I don't care if that is what you are advocating. Everybody advocates something. But statements like your first one just don't pass the sniff test, IMO.

Silly hyperbole. It's a two-way street, which I think you know. Reading all your posts, it appears you want change for change's sake. And that's fine, just own it. If SU didn't care about FB, they would have dropped it long ago. We had the BE, the best hoops conference ever (at the time).

But what if Coyle can't get anyone who he thinks is the answer? Seriously. What if that is the case? Should he just kick the can down the road and hire someone he doesn't believe can take us out of the quagmire we are in? Should he really make a change and then have to do the same thing in 2-3 years? I don't care if that is what you are advocating. Everybody advocates something. But statements like your first one just don't pass the sniff test, IMO.
How can you seriously believe Coyle can't get anyone who is the answer now and when we suck against next year expect to get anyone?

Keeping the status quo is unacceptable. I refuse to believe their are no candidates who can come here and be acceptable for Coyle. Or then his "list" he gave to the BOT is garbage and the man was a bad hire. I can't believe the school cares about FB as much as it should if it keeps SS as HC. They would be kicking 2017 recruiting away and would be torturing its paying fanbase.

So disagree with my opinion all you want but it is how I feel. SS as HC in 2016 means SU Admin doesn't care as much as they should.

How can you seriously believe Coyle can't get anyone who is the answer now and when we suck against next year expect to get anyone?

Keeping the status quo is unacceptable. I refuse to believe their are no candidates who can come here and be acceptable for Coyle. Or then his "list" he gave to the BOT is garbage and the man was a bad hire. I can't believe the school cares about FB as much as it should if it keeps SS as HC. They would be kicking 2017 recruiting away and would be torturing its paying fanbase.

So disagree with my opinion all you want but it is how I feel. SS as HC in 2016 means SU Admin doesn't care as much as they should.
- I didn't say I believed that. I said, "What if..."?

SS as HC in 2016 means SU Admin doesn't care as much as they should.
- Vastly different than "SU doesn't care about FB".

One question I have to those with any insight is how much does Coyle want his own guy at the controls? I always got the impression Gross took a little too much pleasure in showing P the gate and putting his own stamp on the program. Thoughts?

- I didn't say I believed that. I said, "What if..."?

SS as HC in 2016 means SU Admin doesn't care as much as they should.
- Vastly different than "SU doesn't care about FB".
Fair enough I cleaned it up. I refuse to believe Coyle can't find somebody this year and then could next year.

If SU is going to spend big bucks on a Dome renovation then paying its HC an extra 1.5 million-2 million per year and giving an extra 1-2 million on a coaching budget is a drop in the bucket.

Fair enough I cleaned it up. I refuse to believe Coyle can't find somebody this year and then could next year.

If SU is going to spend big bucks on a Dome renovation then paying its HC an extra 1.5 million-2 million per year and giving an extra 1-2 million on a coaching budget is a drop in the bucket.
This, we can agree on. :)

No way Coyle will bring in someone with NCAA baggage. He is here to not just fix football but to keep our noses clean with the NCAA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom