Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Most of these kids aren't worth what they are getting.

I know the market dictates the action but there are a lot of collectives and schools throwing stupid money at prospects that won't give them the ROI they want.

The bang for the buck is just not there

Lampkin needs to take a hard look in the mirror and think about the ethics of his behavior and doing a 180 on his commitment at this late date and leaving the SU coaching staff holding the bag when there’s no time to pivot. He’s gonna make plenty of money either way, plus years of playing professionally. And the college and coach that’s poaching him (TCU?) should be ashamed of themselves for doing this.
If he doesn't want to be here, why should the fans? Isn't that how you end up with a toxic locker room?

I'm not saying the situation doesn't suck, but tut-tutting about ethics and shamelessness in a cutthroat landscape doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

So you think there’s no issue with this situation? You a Laissez-faire capitalist too?
There are winners and there are losers in every decision. We are the losers so we don’t like it. If we flipped someone at this point we would be jumping for joy saying the system is working. Too bad we don’t play the game right so we lose.

Just checking in for the day...way too many pages to read through. Has it been confirmed he's gone or just speculation still?

You’re not wrong but this is where we are. We have to be able to pay what there players are worth just like any other employee or they go elsewhere
So theoretically if we paid him $750k so he wouldn't leave, all the other players on our team would now want to re-negotiate their NIL, so they don't leave.

You can't just give in to absurd demands like this.

Anselem would be a pointless move. This fixation on getting a center is killing us. Just get the best players you can and figure out the rest. If you have to play small so be it. We are fckd anyway at this point.

For those who keep saying if Fran can do it, why can’t Red, it’s comparing apples and oranges. Fran does have more NIL, all football programs do and it’s not close. But the guys he’s bringing in aren’t just because of NIL, it’s also because of Fran himself. He was the #1 recruiter in the country last year and our DC was #1 the year prior.

If he signed to SU is he able to go back in the portal after it closed? The ACC commish should have a serious conversation with SMU if he ends up there.
Just cause they sign doesn't mean they are locked in. Once they start school is when clock starts. Some people have suggested they need to sign a contract and I'm in agreement with them. Doing this, this late with the portal closed and not a lot of top options isn't good for not just us but there are schools it's happened to as well.

But you didn't watch games this past year but you feel qualified to make that statement? That is odd to me. Red just brought in the highest rated recruit since Melo. Did you know that? We won 20 games with a team of misfits. I would give the guy a chance. And it wouldn't hurt if alums gave to the collective.
Yep. I watch the tourney ever March and haven’t seen orange in a while.

You are right, this is a team of misfits.

Thanks for proving my point.

Market Value is what someone is willing to pay for a service. Market Value isn't what Syracuse wants to pay. It isn't what fans think is overpaying. If someone is willing to pay 750k for Lampkin then that is his market value.

1 team willing to pay 750 doesn't make that his market. He didn't commit here after turning down a half dozen bigger offers.

Market Value is what someone is willing to pay for a service. Market Value isn't what Syracuse wants to pay. It isn't what fans think is overpaying. If someone is willing to pay 750k for Lampkin then that is his market value.
Overpay is a real word.

1 team willing to pay 750 doesn't make that his market. He didn't commit here after turning down a half dozen bigger offers.

Yes, it exactly does that is what Market Value is. Market Value is the price of an asset in the marketplace. That price is determined by what buyers are willing to pay. Doesn't matter if it was 1 school or 50 schools. 1 team willing to pay him 750k sets his market value.