Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

It‘s a pointless move and waste of a roster spot he’s a senior who’s never improved. At least Carey had 3 years left. He’ll take us from 18 losses to 17 losses. This obsession with a real center is absurd and why we are here with a garbage roster.

There's no obsession with a real center, we play in the ACC, you have to have at least 2 or 3 guys who can play the position. Freeman isn't playing the 5 and McLeod is a walking injury. Who are we gonna put there Bell or Starling?

Also a backup center has zero to do with our current situation, no idea where you got that gem from.

There's no obsession with a real center, we play in the ACC, you have to have at least 2 or 3 guys who can play the position. Freeman isn't playing the 5 and McLeod is a walking injury. Who are we gonna put there Bell or Starling?

Also a backup center has zero to do with our current situation, no idea where you got that gem from.
The problem is McLeod is a backup center.

Yes, it exactly does that is what Market Value is. Market Value is the price of an asset in the marketplace. That price is determined by what buyers are willing to pay. Doesn't matter if it was 1 school or 50 schools. 1 team willing to pay him 750k sets his market value.

“Market value is the most probable price that a property should bring in a competitive and open market under all conditions requisite to a fair sale, the buyer and seller, each acting prudently, knowledgeably and assuming the price is not affected by undue stimulus.”

“While, on the face of it, selling price and market value might sound like much the same thing, in reality selling price is normally higher - often by a significant margin.”

We have to find a fix in Europe. Maybe a pt guard as well. I will make this guarantee. Those two players are out there. Can we find them and get them to go to Syracuse is the question.
I mentioned the euro route a month ago, I hope they have been looking into it.

My point about an obsession with finding a center is Jay Wright and Jim Larranaga have played small for years. The finding a “center“ is a bit ridiculous to me because half these guys can’t walk and chew gum at the same time. Sign a real player and figure out how to play with them. There’s 6’4” guys that can rebound better than Anselem or whoever is left.

My point about an obsession with finding a center is Jay Wright and Jim Larranaga have played small for years. The finding a “center“ is a bit ridiculous to me because half these guys can’t walk and chew gum at the same time. Sign a real player and figure out how to play with them. There’s 6’4” guys that can rebound better than Anselem or whoever is left.
I'm fine with getting a legit center, but it should've had zero to do with Maliq.

Holy cow this is bad. Massive, massive downgrades at the 1 and 5 going into next season. Potentially the worst roster we have iced in quite some time if no moves are made
Screenshot_20240422-123428_Chrome.jpg

Maybe JB can call his buddy Few at Gonzaga and ask him if there are any good foreign dudes still out there he didn't have room for.

We need players declared employees and get contracts in place.

This is crazy.

It’s not the money, it’s the handshake agreements.
But isn’t the issue that NIL contracts don’t start until they are enrolled in the school?

Same concept as when you have a verbal offer and waiting to start a new job but then you get another higher paying job offer.

We aren't alone. But that doesn't do us any good. We need to do better. But we are paying what some players are worth.
And that's what I don't understand about this NIL crap. Investment value and ROI should govern the contributions investors make. Over-paying for a 1-year athlete is going to drive the big money away-especially if the guy turns out to be a dud. Do that a couple of times and you've just buried your athletic programs. I don't see how any of this is sustainable.

Maybe JB can call his buddy Few at Gonzaga and ask him if there are any good foreign dudes still out there he didn't have room for.
Try in Europe, and also the Southern hemisphere, Australia, or South America.

Lampkin needs to take a hard look in the mirror and think about the ethics of his behavior and doing a 180 on his commitment at this late date and leaving the SU coaching staff holding the bag when there’s no time to pivot. He’s gonna make plenty of money either way, plus years of playing professionally. And the college and coach that’s poaching him (TCU?) should be ashamed of themselves for doing this.
Dumb And Dumber Crying GIF

Live look-in at Lampkin after he looked himself in the mirror and realized the error of his ways.

We need players declared employees and get contracts in place.

This is crazy.

It’s not the money, it’s the handshake agreements.
And fast!!!!

Still remember that Tournament loss in the Elite 8 I believe, to an Illinois team where all their players seemed like about 6'5".

Still remember that Tournament loss in the Elite 8 I believe, to an Illinois team where all their players seemed like about 6'5".
Red’s Runts!

Carey's at Siena for a reason. I'm no huge Anselm fan but your acting like we're talking about Sean Williams or Hima.
He is the same. He doesn’t really do anything