Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Imagine being a NY Yankee.

You live in Jersey. You earn half your paycheck in NY. The other half comes from all over the country and even Canada.
If I’m a Yankee I’m living in Westchester so I do not have to fight bridge traffic

There is a 2/3 chance that Monte did not pick door number 2 because the car was behind it, right? That's why the 2 doors are not equal 50-50 chances.
I think that is sort of the simple way to go about it. You are basically being given a second door. All the doors had 33% chance, you picked 2, he gave you 3 the idea (I think) is you’re going into your next decision with a 66% of being right because you KNOW 3 is a goat and 2 was your choice. You implicitly received information that 2 is not 1 of the 2 non-car doors, thus giving you the improved chance of being right.

Yes. That doesn't make it true, (as I explained), but you are left with two suitcases, one of which has $1mm in it. I understand both arguments. I just don't understand why the second one rules the situation.
You odds don’t change just because an answer is revealed. When this”problem” came out many disputed it until they did a large number of testing of the hypothesis.

probaby because our coaches are professionals and actually know how to evaluate talent and how a player will fit into their schemes.
Mounir, Carey, Patterson, McLoed, are all recent examples of players who were clearly not up to task and yet the staff deemed them a fit. The track record doesn’t exactly scream “we can effectively evaluate the 5”

Last edited:
i’m preparing my mind for a season where we have a guy playing out of position at center and is 40 lbs lighter than the guy he’s playing against
How DOES someone prepare for that kind of torture?

I still don’t know What is happening. But, regardless it doesn’t bode well for the character and maturity of Lampkin IMO. How about this, don’t commit anywhere until you are completely bought in. Be careful stirring up drama, you may end up at McNeese state “Where they love him who he is”.

I find myself in a tussle with being all in on players NIL opportunities and also being a grouch about how this is too much BS. Like most things in life the answer is typically in between the two ends of the spectrum. One end being no pay for player and the other being the Wild West and players can up and leave and do whatever they want all the time.

If I am exhausted as a fan imagine the coaching staff.
Nonsense. Things happen. Opportunities arise. Not just in sports. When my brother was looking for his first job, he and his then wife wanted to be in Virginia Beach. He interviewed there, but did not hear back, he took a job in Richmond. He was in the process of buying a house when the Va. Beach group came through with an offer.
He walked from the house ( lost the deposit) and his employer was understanding.
He didn’t change his mind for money, but for lifestyle.

You odds don’t change just because an answer is revealed. When this”problem” came out many disputed it until they did a large number of testing of the hypothesis.
If you are down 4 touchdowns, your odds of winning are probably less than 1%.

If you then score three touchdowns, your odds will have increased dramatically. That Diane mean the initial odds of less than 1% were incorrect. The situation changed.

Same thing with the problem we are mulling over... With the initial 3 doors you have a 1/3 chance.

Once they reveal an incorrect option for for you, your odds change to 1/2. This doesn't mean your initial odds were incorrect, merely that the situation changed.

The metaphorical scoring of three touchdowns.

If you then score three touchdowns, your odds will have increased dramatically. That Diane mean the initial odds of less than 1% were incorrect. The situation changed.

Same thing with the problem we are mulling over... With the initial 3 doors you have a 1/3 chance.

Once they reveal an incorrect option for for you, your odds change to 1/2. This doesn't mean your initial odds were incorrect, merely that the situation changed.

By that logic, if there were 1000 doors and you chose one, and they opened 998 to show you they were empty, you think it would be 50/50 that prize is behind your door? If that's the case, then choosing the correct door would ALWAYS be a 50/50 proposition no matter how many doors there are because they can ALWAYS open up all but two doors. They're not opening the doors at random.

Can we move on from people who don't know math/probability arguing something that's been settled for decades?

I still don’t know What is happening. But, regardless it doesn’t bode well for the character and maturity of Lampkin IMO. How about this, don’t commit anywhere until you are completely bought in. Be careful stirring up drama, you may end up at McNeese state “Where they love him who he is”.

I find myself in a tussle with being all in on players NIL opportunities and also being a grouch about how this is too much BS. Like most things in life the answer is typically in between the two ends of the spectrum. One end being no pay for player and the other being the Wild West and players can up and leave and do whatever they want all the time.

If I am exhausted as a fan imagine the coaching staff.
I think it's a natural frustration. It's like an insanely hot housing market right now. People waiving inspections and contingencies offering way over ask in cash to jump offers.

I forget who posted it a long while back, but we need to prepare for this sort of thing in the short term to for 2 transfer portal players and just assume we'll overpay just based on supply and demand. The center pool is insanely small, I don't fault Eddie for a round or two of renegotiation to get to his market value.

This guy has been in Cuse for a weekend in his whole life. We always knew he was just a hired gun. Still is today and will be in November and March. It's up to Autry if the pricetag is worth it.

What if we go for 2 after each TD?

I think It's up to Autry if the pricetag is worth it.
It will be if he helps us make the NCAA's. I seriously don't know how these coaches sleep at night. You have to recruit 13 guys every year. And when you think you are done recruiting someone then you have to worry if some other coach is going to poach your players.

I think a better question to ask is if Autry thinks that coaching is worth it.

We got screwed on Jesse last season. What's the expression, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

It will be if he helps us make the NCAA's. I seriously don't know how these coaches sleep at night. You have to recruit 13 guys every year. And when you think you are done recruiting someone then you have to worry if some other coach is going to poach your players.

I think a better question to ask is if Autry thinks that coaching is worth it.

We got screwed on Jesse last season. What's the expression, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
We are a bubble team at best with Lampkin. We are a celler dweller without him.

Lampkin could quite literally save Red’s job.

No because there is a party on the other side revealing answers he knows are not changing the guessers odds.

This has nothing to do with football games.