Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
just figured I'd share this article I came across because there isnt much frank news at the moment. Kinda shows how highly recruited he was and where he was ranking wise before reclassifying and his season at prolific. Kid will be one of our better bigs we have landed in awhile.

"Four-star big man Frank Anselem continues to see offers from high major programs roll in as he picked up his fourth NCAA Basketball scholarship overture this month recently.

Consensus top-85 2021 center Frank Anselem picked up an offer from the Kansas Jayhawks on Oct. 22, via Stockrisers’ Jake Weingarten. It is the fourth high-major overture that the 6-10 big man has received in October and the15th since the beginning of June. He holds 25 NCAA Basketball offers overall.

Oregon, Arizona, and Arizona State are the other schools that have offered the Prolific Prep product (Napa, CA) this month. Rutgers, USC, New Mexico, Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama, DePaul, Nebraska, LSU, Georgia Tech, and TCU are among his other offers.

Anselem is a four-star prospect. He is ranked as the No. 43 prospect in the class of 2021 by ESPN, which is the highest among the four major recruiting systems and is slated at No. 81 by Rivals — which is the lowest among the ratings. Meanwhile, 247Sports has him situated at No. 51 in their rankings, and 247Sports Composite has him at No. 60.

The athletic Suwanee (GA) native’s offense is still developing, but he is already outstanding around the rim. Anselem also can run the floor and rebounds his area well. However, protecting the rim and swatting away shots is what he does best.

Kansas has a commitment from 2020 6-10 center Getthro Muscadin (Haiti), although the Jayhawks could use to add at least one more big to recruiting class as they will lose Mitch Lightfoot and Udoka Azubuike to graduation this year. As it stands now, junior Silvio De Sousa and sophomore David McCormick, along with Muscadin, are the only frontcourt players that the team has in the fold next year. The Jayhawks do have 11 open offers to players in the 2020 class, including to power forwards Dawson Garcia (Prior Lake, MN), JT Thor (Anchorage, AK), and junior college prospect, Marial Mading (Chipola College). KU is projected to have at least two more scholarships available to use

Anselem has taken a couple of official visits already with trips to Nebraska (Sept. 27) and LSU (Oct. 11). He told Evan Daniels of 247Sports that he might take one more visit, possibly to UCLA, USC, or Gonzaga, before the high school season. Anselem, who may reclassify to 2020, also said that Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee was recruiting him extremely hard."

So I'm going to make a few posts just to keep things interesting. Been doing a lot of diggin and finding some fun stuff out. Talked with a WKU guy that seems to have a decent connection to the program from what I can tell. Hes an attorney in the bowling green area and seems to have some access to the program or at least knows a good amount about them. Gave me some insight and then I did some more digging and found some interesting stuff. He told me that Franks "handler" Julius Smith who runs the EYBL Georgia Stars AAU program is definitely controlling the recruitment. He also mentioned to watch out for Basseys "handler" which happens to be his legal guardian and was hired on as an assistant at WKU Hennssy Auriantal (played college ball at Wisconsin) Auriantal also runs a nonprofit called Yes II Success that helps place international basketball prospects at private schools in the U.S. and sponsors an AAU program by the same name. And if you recall there was a ton of publicity about Bassey committing to WKU and then them hiring his legal guardian as an assistant. I'll share some of those articles. Anyways, Hennssy uses his "yes II success" twitter account I'm assuming because he doesn't have any other one and he does in fact follow Frank. I'm sure if Julius Smith's private account wasnt private you could probably see they follow each other as well. Just thought it was all shady asf. Hope he picks the better school/program and doesnt go the dirty route. I'll share some of the articles on the WKU assistant coach and the program he started.

Last edited:
That's all I got for tonight's entertainment. I guess what I took from all of this bs was that this guy who seems to know WKU a little bit mentioned to me to "watch out for basseys handler" who happens to be an assistant at WKU lol. Time for me to go to bed...enjoy :)
Oh my goodness, you know where all your ex girlfriends live, don’t you?

If you read the article about the basketball academy in a Louisville, it shouldn't make you feel warm and fuzzy about Weistman’s potential basketball academy. It’s an NCAA investigation in the making. I’m not real comfortable with Frank. There’s a lot of questions about this recruitment and I don’t trust this handler at all.

If you read the article about the basketball academy in a Louisville, it shouldn't make you feel warm and fuzzy about Weistman’s potential basketball academy. It’s an NCAA investigation in the making. I’m not real comfortable with Frank. There’s a lot of questions about this recruitment and I don’t trust this handler at all.

Won’t be an issue in 2 years.

Look inside Cusesky's house.
4afa4c5e6fa666bbccd8ae9d27050820.jpg

In all seriousness, appreciate the info, just it is also kind of crazy. But you keep doing you.

The fourth center is a luxury, not a necessity. We’ll be fine without him. With him, a number options open up: Dolezaj plays forward full time, Edwards could redshirt, Anselem might be our best option to back up and eventually replace Sidibe, and we won’t need to recruit a center in 2021.

This is a pivot. It wasn’t the plan all along.
It is to some degree, but getting a quality big at this point in a Frank Anselem is a no brainer in my opinion. I'll add this to the Edwards could redshirt.. what if JE is not allowed to travel back to the states due to the pandemic? Could be an issue for international students this coming year. MD is here with his girlfriend's family. Another scenario I'd like to see some of this year is MD playing point forward a'la Pippen. He was and still is our best play maker (Kadary should be one if all goes well in his transition). I trust in Red (& JB) on this one. Come on down, Frank.

Kind of reminds me of Rony. Excellent size and athleticism with a very limited offensive game. Both are/were good shot blockers with a propensity to foul ( I expect this from Frank and Rony fouled a lot as a frosh). I could see a similar trajectory. Going back further, maybe Rosie?

So, he thinks he’s a one and done talent. That throws everything I just wrote out the window, and gives me pause now. I was looking at this for the future, and finally not having to defend Sid’s honor, but it was too good to be true. Since Mac is becoming more of a long shot in 2021, this addition looked perfect. I still hope it happens, but I also hope he’s not coming in dead set on being here for only one season, a la McCullough. Not sure that will end very well for us.

It sounds like he’s just confident in his abilities, and not just using college as a quick one year detour. If that’s the case, then I think this could end up being one that we look back on, and thank our lucky stars for, a la Hakim Warrick. Obviously a different situation, but in the end, he’s a guy we would be adding because of missing out on our previous targets. I was saying that I think he can have a similar development to that of Rak during his time here. A solid contributor early, but really taking off as an upperclassman, and especially his senior year. If I’m wrong, and he’s ready as a frosh, or sophomore, then let me be wrong! I do love the confidence. He would be a perfect fit for being our go to big when Dior is here. Between the two of ‘em alone, I think we’d have enough swagger for the next decade.

Last edited:
That's all I got for tonight's entertainment. I guess what I took from all of this bs was that this guy who seems to know WKU a little bit mentioned to me to "watch out for basseys handler" who happens to be an assistant at WKU lol. Time for me to go to bed...enjoy :)
How many restraining orders do people have against you? I know we're all in lockdown but this is absurd lol

So, he thinks he’s a one and done talent. That throws everything I just wrote out the window, and gives me pause now. I was looking at this for the future, and finally not having to defend Sid’s honor, but it was too good to be true. Since Mac is becoming more of a long shot in 2021, this addition looked perfect. I still hope it happens, but I also hope he’s not coming in dead set on being here for only one season, a la McCullough. Not sure that will end very well for us.

It sounds like he’s just confident in his abilities, and not just using college as a quick one year detour. If that’s the case, then I think this could end up being one that we look back on, and thank our lucky stars for, a la Hakim Warrick. Obviously a different situation, but in the end, he’s a guy we would be adding because of missing out on our previous targets. I was saying that I think he can have a similar development to that of Rak during his time here. A solid contributor early, but really taking off as an upperclassman, and especially his senior year. If I’m wrong, and he’s ready as a frosh, or sophomore, then let me be wrong! I do love the confidence. He would be a perfect fit for being our go to big when Dior is here. Between the two of ‘em alone, I think we’d have enough swagger for the next decade.
One year, he will be maybe 19. That is pretty young to go pro. Believe the probability of success is low for players that young And still require experience/developmental time.

aka - 2 random hoops fans who have waaaaay too much time on their hands and don't actually know anything about what's happening with this. ;)

Hey, you said it, not me...buuuut I ain’t gonna disagree.

Important to note (and you did) that red has been recruiting anselem for quite some time even though there hasnt been much talk previously about him until all of this reclass stuff the past month or so. So hes always been on our radar and has had interest from our staff. This wasnt a out of the blue kid we got involved with...things just have happened that seem to be pushing him our way. Let's hope that trend continues and we land him!
Good to know, cusehusky. I'm just curious but was red recruiting anselem before he cut his list to three or did red start recruiting him after he re-opened his recruitment. Just wondering because if we couldn't make that list of three with red recruiting him for a while, ugh.

Also, easy on cusehusky. Not sure why the comments. He keeps things interesting and moving in this thread. He admits fully that he doesn't have inside info so it's not like he's claiming something he's not.

Last edited:
So he thinks he’s one and done. He might try to crack the top 100 before he thinks he’s ready for the NBA. He‘ll go to college and have a huge wake up call. At SU he will start as their fourth best big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom