Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would point out to the kid one recent example where a player went from being a potential star at SU to being a nobody at SH.

And look how that turned out all because of his mom. She cost him his future. You get the bright lights of the ACC and 30k fans with a hall of game coach? We shouldn’t have to beg anyone to come here center or otherwise.

This recruitment is getting annoying. Way too much hubabaloo a and drama for a kid who's ranked like 130. If he wants to go to wku and conference USA good luck with that
Not that it matters that much but I think was was around 85 in 2021...then dropped some when he reclassed to 2020. Hes a pretty solid player.

And this isnt a quincy ballard type kid. His offer list was legit. He was a highly sought after big. His recruitment has gotten a little strange though for sure.
Screenshot_20200508-164520_Chrome.jpg

So it’s really us, Arkansas and Western Kentucky. I though McAllister basically said don’t count on this guy from the beginning that’s why idk

So it’s really us, Arkansas and Western Kentucky. I though McAllister basically said don’t count on this guy from the beginning that’s why idk
No one knows...just reading the tea leaves. SH has 1 scholarship left and there are predictions that they are filling that spot tonight when a kid announces. Arkansas doesnt really have room especially if one of their guys returns instead of staying in the draft. They also have some quality big guys on the roster already but they are still a threat. WKU is ALWAYS a possibility...$$$ the picture will be a little clearer tonight especially if Zags is correct about Cuse and SH being 2 of the top schools pushing for him. Process of elimination if they land Ngandu tonight that leaves us as the favorite right???? Lol. :rolleyes: :confused:

Not that it matters that much but I think was was around 85 in 2021...then dropped some when he reclassed to 2020. Hes a pretty solid player.
Even for the 85th ranked player it's a lot of drama. Don't get me wrong I would love to have him but it sounds like there is too much drama here.

Has Syracuse ever had 4 centers on the roster before? Wonder if Edwards makes it back to the states. 3 guards and a maybe with the griffin transfer situation yet they’re pursuing a 4th center. Hm

Has Syracuse ever had 4 centers on the roster before? Wonder if Edwards makes it back to the states. 3 guards and a maybe with the griffin transfer situation yet they’re pursuing a 4th center. Hm

Edwards might move to forward

The fit is there. Trust in the staff. This recruit has center size and skills and is physically ready to help right away. MD wouldn't have to moonlight and Edwards could continue to develop or take a shirt. Hopefully he's orange.

Last edited:
By my count he would be #3, since MD only plays center absent other options. Edwards has good size and potential as a developmental player. Other than that, there's a senior starter in front of Anselm. The fit is there. Trust in the staff. This recruit has center size and skills and is physically ready to help right away. Hopefully he's orange.
There’s barely any schools left if you can’t beat out western Kentucky and Arkansas pack your crap up and go...I want players that are all in

By my count he would be #3, since MD only plays center because of the lack of other viable options. Edwards has good size and potential as a developmental player. Sid is a senior starter and probably the only one in front of Anselm. The fit is there. Trust in the staff. This recruit has center size and skills and is physically ready to help right away. Hopefully he's orange.
JBA...

JBA...
The year off probably helped weight/strength-wize. But JBA's a first year player and I don't see him being ready out of the gate to anchor the zone for 15-18 mpg behind SId, especially at his size and with his skill set (stetch 4). Anselm is a frosh but IMO further along with better size for the middle. ;)

I'm not saying hes high drama. There is just a lot of drama surrounding his recruitment.
Honestly I think this is a situation where the UK media created a lot of it because they were hurt he didnt want to come sit and develop on their bench. Kid is a smart kid and has some good people around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom