Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, SU is selling a 22 to 18 minute split for Sid and whoever the first Center off the bench is. And possibly more when Sid picks up 2 quick ones in the first 4 minutes of the game.

To Anslem- Yes, we have 2 other centers on the roster but they are not physically ready to play that much time against ACC level competition. But you are Frank...you have the athleticism and strength to play in the middle. You could come in as a freshman and come off the bench and play half the game if not more.

Greetings from a Hilltopper fan. I've enjoyed reading through your message board and certainly respect the history and tradition of Syracuse basketball. WKU actually shares the top 10 in all-time winning % with Syracuse, top 15 in all-time total wins, and top 12 in number of 20 win seasons.

Syracuse and WKU
two-peas-in-a-pod.jpg

Everyone thinks they are a one and done until the cold hard reality hits and they realize they aren't as good as they thought.

That’s for sure, but unfortunately some just don’t care, so they go for it anyway. They only go to school because outside of going overseas right away, it was necessary to play pro ball ASAP, and they still think they will make it, even if they have to make a stop in the G League first. I really don’t think Frank is that type of kid though, it’s just a confidence thing, so I’m all for him coming aboard, and will be pleasantly surprised if he’s ready to contribute substantially off the jump.

Which actually isn’t all that crazy considering he won’t be asked to do much offensively, and his strength right now is on the defensive end. So, it’s not all that implausible he can give us 15 minutes or so a game of solid defense, rim protection, and rebounding. As well as setting some screens on offense, while hitting the offensive glass, and we’re good to go.

Sid at around 23-25 MPG would be ideal for us, in my opinion, so Frank very well may be the perfect addition for us at the 5 spot going into next season. I know many want less than that from Sid. In the end, I just really hope we can pull this one off, and finally move on past all these recruiting arguments/debates. Not that it will move us past the minutes debate, but at least we can shut the door on the roster.

I have never been to Kentucky. I live in Syracuse. I have visited San Diego. Not sure why there is a recruiting battle.
Syracuse vs San Diego

San Diego has better weather. The girls might be prettier.

it isn’t closer to home. He is from Georgia.
Syracuse has far better academics.
Syracuse has a hall of fame coach.
Syracuse has the biggest and best fan base in the country.
Syracuse plays in the best college basketball conference in the country.

I think these are some of the reasons Frank might end up wearing orange.

Syracuse vs San Diego

And Syracuse plans to be open for the fall semester while San Diego State will be shut down. BREAKING: San Diego State moves to mostly virtual instruction for fall 2020 semester

I have never been to Kentucky. I live in Syracuse. I have visited San Diego. Not sure why there is a recruiting battle.
I live in San Diego now. Went to Syracuse for 4 years. If it's a matter of career, I'd go to play basketball and study at Syracuse for 2-4 years. Easy decision.

And the San Diego women—that's overrated.

we know that Anselem is moving up a class. This implies that he has initiative academically. Has anyone heard if he has specific academic interests or is he just interested in basketball? I mean some athletes say they want to be broadcasts and are interest in Syracuse for that reason. i do not know or heard if he is interested in any college because of their academics.

we know that Anselem is moving up a class. This implies that he has initiative academically. Has anyone heard if he has specific academic interests or is he just interested in basketball? I mean some athletes say they want to be broadcasts and are interest in Syracuse for that reason. i do not know or heard if he is interested in any college because of their academics.
"Moving up a class" really means that he is moving back to the class he was originally in after moving down a class in an effort to improve his athletic prospects. So, it isn't really a great way to judge his academic aspirations. I am not saying that he isn't a great student or it isn't a huge factor, I have no idea, but I just don't think his "moving up a class" tells us anything on that front.

I wish there was more talk about his educational interests etc. Most of his recruitment has been surrounded by talks of "handlers" and one and done aspirations (which that part I'm totally ok with...I like a kid that's confident in his abilities whether it happens or not I could care less) it has definitely been a interesting recruitment. I'm hoping that a lot of the "bad talk" has been blown way out of proportion and that the guy helping guide his recruitment is a good dude with the kids best interests at heart. Following along these recruitments you definitely learn not to believe everything that's out there...its all fun and interesting to follow along and talk about but it doesnt mean it's all true or even true at all. (It also could be totally true lol) time will tell! I think we are in a really good spot with him though! LGO!

Hes throwing everyone off now. Radio silence yet his latest like on Twitter is about fricken UK who he cut. Ha wouldnt it be something if he ended up there somehow as their 3rd option at center. :rolleyes:
20200513_013252.jpg

Syracuse vs San Diego

Syracuse has snow. But San Diego has a greater chance of experiencing an earthquake and falling into the ocean.

Hes throwing everyone off now. Radio silence yet his latest like on Twitter is about fricken UK who he cut. Ha wouldnt it be something if he ended up there somehow as their 3rd option at center. :rolleyes:
View attachment 181161

Come on Frank! Forget UK. He needs that Dior mentality, don’t join the blue bloods...beat them!

View attachment 181161
I'm being serious here... is there much/any proof to Kentucky really being good at developing players? My take is that Cal is an excellent salesman. He touts Kentucky as an NBA factory which I guess is up for debate based on how you define NBA factory. I look at them more as a College basketball recruiting factory. That's what they do - recruit. What they end up doing year after year with all the talent they get is amusing. Give just about any college the number of 5 star talent that they get year after year, they too will be sending most of their players off to the NBA as well.

I'm being serious here... is there much/any proof to Kentucky really being good at developing players? My take is that Cal is an excellent salesman. He touts Kentucky as an NBA factory which I guess is up for debate based on how you define NBA factory. I look at them more as a College basketball recruiting factory. That's what they do - recruit. What they end up doing year after year with all the talent they get is amusing. Give just about any college the number of 5 star talent that they get year after year, they too will be sending most of their players off to the NBA as well.
Great question, but I don't even think there's enough data of players staying long enough to even answer that.

Cal is good at pitching to them that he'll teach them to be pros for the one year they're there. Again, not enough data to really say he's good at anything else.

Great question, but I don't even think there's enough data of players staying long enough to even answer that.

Cal is good at pitching to them that he'll teach them to be pros for the one year they're there. Again, not enough data to really say he's good at anything else.

Kentucky players in SI's "Top 100 Players in the NBA":

93) Bam Adebayo
79) Julius Randle
46) Eric Bledsoe
38) Jamal Murray
34) Devin Booker
33) De'Aaron Fox
13) Karl-Anthony Towns
6) Anthony Davis

I'd like to hear an argument from a Cal/UK defender that any of these players were "developed" by Calipari. Every single one was a 1-and-done. Several were NBA ready at age 17. None spend more than 8 months at UK. Cal has a brilliant, self-fulfilling prophecy he sells. He claims he gets you to the NBA. It's true, after the Wall/Cousins/Davis hype, top players bought it, and went to UK, and it's snowballed ever since. What these kids don't realize is Anthony Davis, Towns, Murray, Cousins, etc would have been lottery picks if they played at Austin Peay.

Syracuse has snow. But San Diego has a greater chance of experiencing an earthquake and falling into the ocean.
Syracuse has a greater chance of snow, ice, gray skies and freezing temperatures for 1/2 of the school year than the earthquake. ;)

Last edited:
Not that I want to spread negative vibes but I was told again by someone that frank was verbaled to LSU and it became a bidding war with wade. He also said, "Anselem himself is a good kid but the folks handling his recruitment only want to get paid."

He thinks he ends up at WKU so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Also mentioned that there has been talk about DeAndre Williams making a new list of schools. His list now consist of Arkansas, Baylor, Memphis, and Kentucky.

Told me if JB wants to get involved with Williams he needs to talk directly with his former coach. Said Cal went to Williams directly and to his mother and that's part if why he hasnt made his decision. His former coach/mentor felt out of the loop and told William's to reconsider his options and take his time.

(Again I'm no insider just passing along info that's been given to me. This guy seems to know his stuff and does it as more then just a hobby. Was also vouched for by someone else who runs a site that many of us know)

Could all be nothing but figured I'd share.

**Someone want to tell JB to hit up William's mentor Kenny Roy** :p

Kentucky players in SI's "Top 100 Players in the NBA":

93) Bam Adebayo
79) Julius Randle
46) Eric Bledsoe
38) Jamal Murray
34) Devin Booker
33) De'Aaron Fox
13) Karl-Anthony Towns
6) Anthony Davis

I'd like to hear an argument from a Cal/UK defender that any of these players were "developed" by Calipari. Every single one was a 1-and-done. Several were NBA ready at age 17. None spend more than 8 months at UK. Cal has a brilliant, self-fulfilling prophecy he sells. He claims he gets you to the NBA. It's true, after the Wall/Cousins/Davis hype, top players bought it, and went to UK, and it's snowballed ever since. What these kids don't realize is Anthony Davis, Towns, Murray, Cousins, etc would have been lottery picks if they played at Austin Peay.
Not a Cal/UK defender - I think the primary reason that kids go to KU is not because of the potential for NBA development. These kids go primarily because KU (and Duke now) are perceived as the schools where the "best of the best" go before heading to the NBA lottery.

In a way, being recruited by KU and Duke is self-confirmation that they are among the "best" NBA talent playing college ball. In some cases, that is true. In some cases, that is more about perception and a need to be recognized, than reality. I am sure part of the selling point is being told that you will be practicing against future NBA players every day - that's where the selling of "development" comes in.

The good thing is that if the kid is seriously considering cuse then maybe his handler is changing course a bit or all of this handler stuff is being blowing way out of proportion. Hopefully that's the case here and it's a pretty straight forward recruitment with us coming out on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom