Class of 2019 - C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had the surgery over a year ago, and he was pretty ineffective this entire season.
I'm not optimistic that he gets any better.
Surgery for Tendinitis is a crap shoot.

Oh and one other thing, I don't recruit 2 guards while buddy is here. And I never will. Just joking. I think
he's over-recruiting buddy as we speak (andre jackson)
blood is thicker than water but winning is thicker than blood

Goodine, Carey and Jackson(the rockets) mixed with Buddy and Girard(the shooters) plus Guerrier(the stud). And a couple 5’s who can catch, shoot, and score?

I’m fired up, imagining how good these guys who I’ve mostly never seen play might be.

But trying to play him heavy minutes will probably break him down.
I'm afraid we're looking at 15 minutes from Sidibe, if we're fortunate.

If we can get 10 minutes from JBA, that means that Marek can only has to 15 minutes at center and can play 10 minutes at forward, where we can get the best out of him.

I don't think that any accurate predictions for Sidibe can be made upon last year's performance.

He spent last offseason through september in a leg immobilizer, and didn't get to work on his game at all. And that was after barely playing as a freshman.

When last October rolled around, he was at about 75%. That put him behind the 8-ball, and he never caught up. Once he got off to a slow start, Boeheim lost confidence in him, he lost confidence in himself, and the season was lost.

Now, one of two conditions is true moving forward. Either the tendinitis issue is chronic, he's lost a bit of athleticism, and he'll never regain it -- in which case, he doesn't have much upside beyond being a reserve.

Or the timing of when he got out of his immobilizer sucked, he can regain his athleticism, and next year can be different now that he's more experienced and can spend an offseason working on his game instead of just trying to get back to square one physically.

Will be interesting to see which scenario plays out for Sidibe -- but I don't think that last year's performance is necessarily a predictor, because the timing of his "recovery" couldn't have been worse. Now, he could still be impaired long term, a la Dejuan Coleman. We should know early next season which outcome is more likely.

Is there anyone here happy that we picked up Jesse Edwards? Seems like there is more doubt and skepticism than positive perception posted here than anything else.

If the coaches signed him, they must feel like he will be able to play and help the team.

Be happy and look forward to him being an asset.

Is there anyone here happy that we picked up Jesse Edwards? Seems like there is more doubt and skepticism than positive perception posted here than anything else.

If the coaches signed him, they must feel like he will be able to play and help the team.

Be happy and look forward to him being an asset.
huh? almost every take i've read is at least positive if not excited

huh? almost every take i've read is at least positive if not excited
Maybe I am reading out of context or it is Sidibe that they are referring to. I am seeing a number of skeptical posts.

And every coach recruiting against us will say the guy is 70 whatever, he won't be coaching you for 4 years.
Yes! That's why it's a good thing all the good recruits believe they will play only 1-2 years of college ball.

I don't think that any accurate predictions for Sidibe can be made upon last year's performance.

He spent last offseason through september in a leg immobilizer, and didn't get to work on his game at all. And that was after barely playing as a freshman.

When last October rolled around, he was at about 75%. That put him behind the 8-ball, and he never caught up. Once he got off to a slow start, Boeheim lost confidence in him, he lost confidence in himself, and the season was lost.

Now, one of two conditions is true moving forward. Either the tendinitis issue is chronic, he's lost a bit of athleticism, and he'll never regain it -- in which case, he doesn't have much upside beyond being a reserve.

Or the timing of when he got out of his immobilizer sucked, he can regain his athleticism, and next year can be different now that he's more experienced and can spend an offseason working on his game instead of just trying to get back to square one physically.

Will be interesting to see which scenario plays out for Sidibe -- but I don't think that last year's performance is necessarily a predictor, because the timing of his "recovery" couldn't have been worse. Now, he could still be impaired long term, a la Dejuan Coleman. We should know early next season which outcome is more likely.

Well, if you think we're getting 30 minutes out of him next year, I'll take that bet.
That's all I'm saying. I loved the kid in HS. I fear the worst. It's my opinion.
You don't always have to so passionately disagree. I wasn't even talking to you in particular.
Like I said, it's just my opinion.

Kid can play. Late steal. High upside.

He seems promising. He moves well, runs fluidly, has a bit of offense in this scrimmage. He seems like a basketball player, not just a big body.

That big Canadian kid he's guarding makes him look small; I get that, but he has more of a forward's body than a center's body. He got big-boyed pretty bad on defense. I don't seem him defending the post against ACC players at all next year.

In a couple years he could be pretty good, though. Nice late pick-up, but I still would have preferred a grad transfer who goes 6-9, 240+ for our last center. JBA has more size, but is also a finesse player. I think JBA plays over this kid next year, though.

Last edited:
Goodine, Carey and Jackson(the rockets) mixed with Buddy and Girard(the shooters) plus Guerrier(the stud). And a couple 5’s who can catch, shoot, and score?

I’m fired up, imagining how good these guys who I’ve mostly never seen play might be.
I k we will see some solid play from Braswell. I liked what I saw in limited minutes. This squad may develop into a really good team.

I love this kid. His athletic ability and offensive touch will help this offense immensely. The Orange would pick and roll with Chukwu, but rarely give him the ball despite obvious height advantage. Because, you couldn’t trust him to catch it and make a play and not bring it down where it can be stripped.

Edwards, is FAR more coordinated and keeps the ball high. When he does bring it down, he does a good job of protecting it from the defender and has enough handle to get out of trouble.

And his spin move is dynamic. We complain a lot about the shooters not being able to hit jumpers, but there has been very little offensive threat from inside the last two years. Most points from the paint were from dribble drives from the guards and Brissett or rebounds for Chukwu. Edwards will add a true threat underneath the basket.

Defensively, his frame shouldn’t be much of a concern in the zone. If he he’s getting bodied by a bigger player, he needs to learn how to set his feet and accept a charge. Otherwise, he’ll defend the middle of the zone just fine. After all, Dolezaj was pretty successful and Edwards has a few extra inches.

He does seem very coordinated for a big. Im having Crow stuffed with gouda tonight! Great late win by JB and his staff. This is Jims best class and most offensively talented class in a long time. 3 big time scorers and two bigs that can shoot and seem to have excellent coordination.

Status
Not open for further replies.