Class of 2020 - C Matt Haarms / Transferring from Purdue | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Matt Haarms / Transferring from Purdue

You were probably one of those posters I was referring to. I think it was discussed in the FBI thread.
I know Mason mentioned it as well. But, they were the king at the time. So, Calipari goes to Kentucky. he revolutionizes cheating, takes it to a whole new level. The entire time, he repeats how he gets guys to the league. It become the narrative. After a bunch of years, the top players go to Kentucky because they think he is the best at getting guys to the league AND that is just where the top guys go. People are sheep afterall. So, things are going well for Cal. But, then K gets pissed and decides to take it up a notch. Now, Duke is getting all the top players. If you don't think Cal will find a new way to cheat, then you underestimate Cal. Although, I do think he is trying to find new ways to build a team. Because, even with all these super freshman teams that UK and Duke have built over the past decade plus, each only won one championship. I think Cal is smart to pound the portal. I am not saying he is cheating again, but it wouldn't shock me if were.

I know Mason mentioned it as well. But, they were the king at the time. So, Calipari goes to Kentucky. he revolutionizes cheating, takes it to a whole new level. The entire time, he repeats how he gets guys to the league. It become the narrative. After a bunch of years, the top players go to Kentucky because they think he is the best at getting guys to the league AND that is just where the top guys go. People are sheep afterall. So, things are going well for Cal. But, then K gets pissed and decides to take it up a notch. Now, Duke is getting all the top players. If you don't think Cal will find a new way to cheat, then you underestimate Cal. Although, I do think he is trying to find new ways to build a team. Because, even with all these super freshman teams that UK and Duke have built over the past decade plus, each only won one championship. I think Cal is smart to pound the portal. I am not saying he is cheating again, but it wouldn't shock me if were.
It just business.

I agree and didn't mean to imply that he's not cheating anymore. I just think it's to the point where he doesn't have to be directly involved anymore. He knows his players are being taken care of and he has deniability if anything ever gets uncovered. He's perfected it. All the way back to his UMass days. Thank God we didn't have to face that team in the final 4 in 96. It was bad enough having to play that loaded Kentucky team. If memory serves, we got beat pretty badly by that UMass team in a preseason game that year.

You were probably one of those posters I was referring to. I think it was discussed in the FBI thread.
Well, thank you. Although it's rare that I'm considered well informed. ;)

I agree and didn't mean to imply that he's not cheating anymore. I just think it's to the point where he doesn't have to be directly involved anymore. He knows his players are being taken care of and he has deniability if anything ever gets uncovered. He's perfected it. All the way back to his UMass days. Thank God we didn't have to face that team in the final 4 in 96. It was bad enough having to play that loaded Kentucky team. If memory serves, we got beat pretty badly by that UMass team in a preseason game that year.
UMass loss was in a Hawaii tournament. We only scored about 50.

1587663423634.png

It’s not just Cal, Kentucky has cheated for a long time. Adolph Rupp was caught paying players in the 50s I’m sure it wasn’t his money. The boosters have a hand in filling the bags for Cal along with building facilities.

It was PF Flyer money!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom