Class of 2016 - C Omer Yurtseven (Turkey) Transfer from NC State to Georgetown | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 C Omer Yurtseven (Turkey) Transfer from NC State to Georgetown

We are in the mix. He has ties to NC State. Family ties of some sort. And Utah is making the case that they did a lot with the foreign kid they just had. I don't have us at the 85% that Jake does. Just in the mix and with a shot.

Glad dasher answered this. He actually has some knowledge of where we stand, unlike someone else who made a bunch of hyberbolic comparisons in this thread.

Glad dasher answered this. He actually has some knowledge of where we stand, unlike someone else who made a bunch of hyberbolic comparisons in this thread.
Damn it. You got another like from me before I thought about it!!!!

Some think NC State will land him.
Players are running away from NC State like they have an outbreak of the plague there. Why run in when everyone is running away?

Have a feeling we land this kid and either one of Thompson or Diallo. Our team next year will have NBA size.

If this kid is as good as people think, he won't have worries about PT here. Boeheim would play him until he fell over. 39.9 mpg would be the o/u. Foul or stamina limited.

If this kid is as good as people think, he won't have worries about PT here. Boeheim would play him until he fell over. 39.9 mpg would be the o/u. Foul or stamina limited.

That could be true, I wonder if having two centers already on the roster will be a factor in his decision.

That could be true, I wonder if having two centers already on the roster will be a factor in his decision.

Like I said, it shouldn't. DC would probably still start but OY would get all he wanted minutes wise at C/F. Hell you could play Lydon at 2G if, again if, Omer is all dat.

Like I said, it shouldn't. DC would probably still start but OY would get all he wanted minutes wise at C/F. Hell you could play Lydon at 2G if, again if, Omer is all dat.
I would love to see Lydon play 2G just for shits and giggles.

dasher said:
We are in the mix. He has ties to NC State. Family ties of some sort. And Utah is making the case that they did a lot with the foreign kid they just had. I don't have us at the 85% that Jake does. Just in the mix and with a shot.

Yep. Some dynamics have changed. It's a dogfight.

Catching up on posts in this thread - fun reading! Just got to the end though and am now wishing there was more!

How AMAZING would that be to land Yurt to help us on our quest for a second Nat Championship along with making Duke's life (and everyone else in the ACC) miserable.

If we were to land this kid, I have no idea if JB would ever run a front line of him, Chukwu, and Lydon at the same time, but the shock-blocking prowess of those three on the court at once would be crazy!

I'm 100% sure this is one of those things that's fun to mention on paper but would never happen in a game. But how about Chukwu at C, Roberson and Omer at F, Lydon at the 2 and Battle at PG? Lol Not sure how mobile it would be or if anyone past Battle could handle the ball at all... but it would kinda look like the evil alien team in Space Jam.

I was looking for the post but lost it. Did this kid just show up unannounced at the Melo Center/Cuse? If that's the case, he's gotta have interest if he went out of his way to come here.

I was looking for the post but lost it. Did this kid just show up unannounced at the Melo Center/Cuse? If that's the case, he's gotta have interest if he went out of his way to come here.
He did. He also has a relative that played at NC State. That worries me. Keep in mind, we are talking about one of the 5 best players in the history of college basketball here.

He did. He also has a relative that played at NC State. That worries me. Keep in mind, we are talking about one of the 5 best players in the history of college basketball here.
AND he hasn't even drank the Syracuse water yet.

Just like losing TT to MSU or Seton Hall would be infuriating, losing OY (or anybody) to NC State would be over-the-moon bat crap crazy. Players are bailing on that program like it's the Lusitania.

So Yurt's got a twitter and it seems like he still follows it even though he hasn't posted recently? Should orangenation show him some love? Also, there's a picture on there of him standing next to Pero Antic... and the dude's taller... with his knees bent!:eek::eek:

CQIvpX4WcAAs-ev.jpg:large

So Yurt's got a twitter and it seems like he still follows it even though he hasn't posted recently? Should orangenation show him some love? Also, there's a picture on there of him standing next to Pero Antic... and the dude's taller... with his knees bent!:eek::eek:

CQIvpX4WcAAs-ev.jpg:large
However, his tat game is lacking.

Where's the Cuse Twitter Army at? We need Omar in a 'Cuse jersey stat with all sorts of fireworks and snazzy graphics the kids like in the background on his Twitter feed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom