Class of 2024 - C Patrick Ngongba II (VA) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 C Patrick Ngongba II (VA) Offered

Maliq Brown would like a word with you on the Orange courtesy phone.
Malik is a forward but not the type of power forward I am talking about, he may develope into it though. He will be a junior however when this kid gets on campus if he does, so not really any conflict anyway.

One of our problems has been our lack of size in that power forward position, and I am not talking just height. In fact the entire frontcourt needs to be upsized, without sacrificing athletic ability, to compete effectively.

Last edited:
We have 5 centers. I have a hard time seeing him being a priority.
And none of them are heavy hitters. The only one I see with high upside is Carey, and I think he might be more a power forward when all is said and done. Patterson is a huge project. And McLeod and Hima would be seniors by the time he got to campus. Most young bigs take a year to acclimate to college so it would be a perfect situation.

And none of them are heavy hitters. The only one I see with high upside is Carey, and I think he might be more a power forward when all is said and done. Patterson is a huge project. And McLeod and Hima would be seniors by the time he got to campus. Most young bigs take a year to acclimate to college so it would be a perfect situation.
We don't know that yet. My guess is this kid will wait to see who produces at what school before making a decision. I think Cuse is much more focused on getting Mikey Lewis and/or Jali Bethea and they would be our last HS recruits.

Freeman is just as likely to play the small forward position in college ball.
No he’s not. Red is embracing positionless basketball. We are not playing two centers who can’t handle the ball.

No he’s not. Red is embracing positionless basketball. We are not playing two centers who can’t handle the ball.
That is your opinion, but positionless means any player might be played at any position, if they have the abilities, according to team needs.

Some can't grasp that you don't have to have a huge frontcourt to win in this era. 5 who rebounds and defends and 4 guys who can all be wings that do different things. Needing a tall frontcourt is most explicit to playing zone.

"Ngongba Starting to Takeover
Two weeks ago in Dallas, it was clear that Patrick Ngongba had taken both his body and his game to new levels. This weekend, he has gotten better with each passing game and was utterly dominant on Sunday night when he went for 33 points, 18 rebounds, and 5 assists to lead Team Takeover over Phenom University.

Ngongba’s ascension is rooted in a multitude of reasons, but first and foremost is the fact that he’s fully healthy. After missing a large portion of last year, he returned for the Peach Jam and was able to make his presence felt despite not being anywhere near the player we see now. In the ten months since, he’s improved his conditioning, gotten vastly more mobile, and consistently extended his game, both in terms of his overall impact and the places on the court he’s able to impact the game from.

Now, he looks like one of the very best big men in the national class and it’s leading to wins on the floor as Takeover was a perfect 3-0 through two days this weekend."

"Ngongba Starting to Takeover
Two weeks ago in Dallas, it was clear that Patrick Ngongba had taken both his body and his game to new levels. This weekend, he has gotten better with each passing game and was utterly dominant on Sunday night when he went for 33 points, 18 rebounds, and 5 assists to lead Team Takeover over Phenom University.

Ngongba’s ascension is rooted in a multitude of reasons, but first and foremost is the fact that he’s fully healthy. After missing a large portion of last year, he returned for the Peach Jam and was able to make his presence felt despite not being anywhere near the player we see now. In the ten months since, he’s improved his conditioning, gotten vastly more mobile, and consistently extended his game, both in terms of his overall impact and the places on the court he’s able to impact the game from.

Now, he looks like one of the very best big men in the national class and it’s leading to wins on the floor as Takeover was a perfect 3-0 through two days this weekend."

Hope we are all in on this kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom