Class of 2022 - C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s an interesting case where he is very raw right now so he’s all potential but you know he has all the tools to most likely pan out.

1) Not many kids his age have athleticism like that at his size
2) his coordination for his size at that age is very good
3) he’ll be good on defense, I’m not worried about that
4) at the bare minimum think of Deandre Jordan or McGee in the NBA. Dudes are very limited offensively put are great at catching the lob and finishing based on their athleticism. I think that’s what Carey will be and he’ll make his money on the defensive side

We are Syracuse basketball so normally when we land these lower recruited kids, I’m so-so on it. But I actually really like this pickup and think this kid will do some things here

This is perfect. I love the idea of him developing for a year or two behind Jessie and Anselem and turning into a quality center over the course of his career. Even if a few don't pan out (and I think that Carey will be good) stockpiling athletic big men is a smart strategy.

He’s an interesting case where he is very raw right now so he’s all potential but you know he has all the tools to most likely pan out.

1) Not many kids his age have athleticism like that at his size
2) his coordination for his size at that age is very good
3) he’ll be good on defense, I’m not worried about that
4) at the bare minimum think of Deandre Jordan or McGee in the NBA. Dudes are very limited offensively put are great at catching the lob and finishing based on their athleticism. I think that’s what Carey will be and he’ll make his money on the defensive side

We are Syracuse basketball so normally when we land these lower recruited kids, I’m so-so on it. But I actually really like this pickup and think this kid will do some things here
Yeah love the athleticism but it’s the coordination for me. He’s not some gangly dude that’s all over the place. One down

Seems like he can use either the right or left hand... I like it... I even saw him block out once on a clip... He will have to unlearn that ;)
He’s bouncy which translates to “raw”. But watch the stuff other than dunks and you can see his skillset. Tell me you ever saw Boo or Baye dribble open court and pass to a teammate downcourt? Or grab the ball off the rim and push? Or dunk the bank going through their legs? Come on.
This is a really good player

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online