Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

It took me a moment... Are you taking him out on a boat this summer? ;)
He broke my heart. He. Broke. My. Heart.
Funny you mention, I was actually there at that scene my honeymoon. Lake Tahoe, did a little boat tour and the guide brought us right up to the window where Michael watches it happen. Was a beautiful house. Is now some sort of condo community.

Anyway, to sum up this thread:
Isaiah is Fredo.
Frank Howard is Michael.
Tyler Ennis is Sonny.
JB is Don Vito.
Sensible is sensible.
:)

He broke my heart. He. Broke. My. Heart.
Funny you mention, I was actually there at that scene my honeymoon. Lake Tahoe, did a little boat tour and the guide brought us right up to the window where Michael watches it happen. Was a beautiful house. Is now some sort of condo community.

Anyway, to sum up this thread:
Isaiah is Fredo.
Frank Howard is Michael.
Tyler Ennis is Sonny.
JB is Don Vito.
Sensible is sensible.
:)

But who are YOU? ;) (cranks up The Who)

But who are YOU? ;) (cranks up The Who)
If I were a character in Godfather 1 or 2, I would have to go with Peter Clemenza. Loyal, transparent, maybe not the brains behind the operation but gets it done.
Leave the gun. Take the Cannolis. (Edit: can't believe I mucked that line. Dang.)
Peter_Clemenza.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lebron James Skills Academy Wrap-up - ESPN article from 7-13-14

Moustapha Diagne
2015, C, 6-8, 241

Despite his size, Diagne exhibited on a number of occasions the ability to face up his defender and drive strongly to the rim. In his matchup against Rabb, Rabb struggled to cut off driving lanes against Diagne. In addition, the Syracuse commit utilized his size and strength advantage to power through Rabb while converting in the paint.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=11006

Lebron James Skills Academy Wrap-up - ESPN article from 7-13-14

Moustapha Diagne
2015, C, 6-8, 241

Despite his size, Diagne exhibited on a number of occasions the ability to face up his defender and drive strongly to the rim. In his matchup against Rabb, Rabb struggled to cut off driving lanes against Diagne. In addition, the Syracuse commit utilized his size and strength advantage to power through Rabb while converting in the paint.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=11006

Expect him to drop 30 spots in the rankings after this performance.

Hadn't seen Diagne until the Peach Jam... Pleasantly surprised with his offensive gave; both facing and with his back towards the basket. He could potentially be our best scoring big since AO and Rick. Defensively he looks to be a good shot blocker, not so sure about his rebounding. I was expecting him to be a little more of a hustle guy and a bit more athletic(seems to trail the play alot, where I thought he'd be one of the first ones down). But my lord, we could use the offense!

Last edited:
Hadn't seen Diagne until the Peach Jam... Pleasantly surprised with his offensive gave; both facing and with his back towards the basket. He could potentially be our best scoring big since AO and Rick. Defensively he looks to be a good shot blocker, not so sure about his rebounding. I was expecting him to be a little more of a hustle guy and a bit more athletic(seems to trail the play alot, where I thought he'd be one of the first ones down). But my lord, we could use the offense!
He might be trailing the play because he's inbounding the ball or setting under the hoop to get the defensive rebound. Hard to get down the court before the guards and wings when they start from the 3 point line and you start from the semi-circle under the hoop

Diagne (pronounced Jeng)

Is that correct? I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around that pronunciation coming from that spelling.

Yes, I believe it was discussed around the time of his commitment, and that you have it right.

Gbinije is "Silent G".

Diagne is now "Silent D". :)

May be a couple of years before I read that spelling of his name and hear Jeng in my head, but I'm trying...

If I were a character in Godfather 1 or 2, I would have to go with Peter Clemenza. Loyal, transparent, maybe not the brains behind the operation but gets it done.
Leave the gun. Take the Cannolis. (Edit: can't believe I mucked that line. Dang.)
Peter_Clemenza.jpg
For those who don't know, dang is pronounced jeng.

Anyone else think this kid is going to be the heart and soul of the team for four years?
Absolutely, my friend. Not only do I think he will be able to play the 4 and 5 defensively, for either position, he will be a matchup nightmare for the defender. Too fast, agile, ball handling and uncanny use of both hands for a big to cover him, too much strength for a wing to keep with him in the post.
As my man Henny & Coke finds here http://syracusefan.com/threads/moustapha-diagne.43962/page-20#post-1086737
Just too tough an assignment. Even for the so called #1 prospect in Rabb. Not completely fair of me as Rabb is a beast. But that's just the point. He's ready.

Um, cue iommi in...
Actually, there may or may not be a slight hint of Z in there as in
Zjeng.
Did I get that right this time? I just know it's not Dang. ;)

This is exactly right. Simply put, the "jeng" pronunciation is correcto mundo, as the Fonz would say, but there is a slight hint of Z in the beginning. You have to roll the tongue when you start saying, "Jeng." It's not a "juh" sound at the beginning...I think I'd roll with Zjang, to be more accurate.:p Think of sort of a French pronunciation, minus the white flag attitude. Moustapha surrenders to NO ONE!:cool:

Last edited:
This is exactly right. Simply put, the "jeng" pronunciation is correcto mundo, as the Fonz would say, but there is a slight hint of Z in the beginning. You have to roll the tongue when you start saying, "Jeng." It's not a "juh" sound at the beginning...I think I'd roll with Zjang, to be more accurate.:p Think of sort of a French pronunciation, minus the white flag attitude. Moustapha surrenders to NO ONE!:cool:
By the way, you have me thinking and actually practicing. I'm not even kidding. I hear the tiny difference between jeng and zjeng or even zhjeng. It's subtle. But it's there. Either way, I'm guessing he would laugh at both of us if he read this.

By the way, you have me thinking and actually practicing. I'm not even kidding. I hear the tiny difference between jeng and zjeng or even zhjeng. It's subtle. But it's there. Either way, I'm guessing he would laugh at both of us if he read this.

Moustapha doesn't laugh. Even his laugh is a scowl.:mad:

Last edited: